Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Vinod Nayak

Tutorial: How to get Hotspot icon in notification and main menu of Samsung Galaxy S4 SPH-L720

Requirements Root Sqlite database editor https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mixo.sqlitedbeditor ydagenuv.jpg Run sqlite manager eva6upa5.jpg Select menu button (button left side of the home button of the phone) & select application database. e3upy7y4.jpg Select settings storage edadaryh.jpg Select system huberagy.jpg Select query editor 3etyvuza.jpg Type (SELECT * FROM [system] [name] WHERE [name]="notification_panel_active_app_list") without the brackets. asu9ymen.jpg Click on execute y5evajyp.jpg If this error comes, then there is an extra space or typo in command. tuzunaqa.jpg Click on marked 8yjusy4e.jpg Click on Edit/View apy5y7a3.jpg Very carefully add "WiFiHotspot;" Without quotes in between "WiFi; Mobiledata" make you don't miss the ( ; ). gavybe3e.jpg Click on update. 7ysenapu.jpg This is how it should look once you press update after you put WiFiHotspot; like mentioned in picture before this one. Simply go back all the way to exit sqlite database editor and reboot to get the Wi-Fi hotspot in Notification. ubuju9ad.jpg Will add more about how to add the same in main menu in post #2 PLEASE NOTE : This only adds the button in the notification section. More codes are needed to get it to work. Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

Edited by Vinod Nayak
  • Like 5

Run sqlite database editor

In menu select application database,

Please check OP for the above procedure.

5y8amudy.jpg

This time select secure.

gaqe2ume.jpg

Look for chemeleon_tethereddata column by using the right arrow at the to, click on it.

2y4ese4e.jpg

Select Edit/View

4a5anuge.jpg

Change value from 1 to 3.

yzapaveq.jpg

Select update.

ajy9e7a4.jpg

Once updated, this is how it should look. Select back all the way and reboot.

unu9abu5.jpg

Hotspot should be there in the main menu like shown in the picture.

IMPORTANT

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2256950

Use the link to download hotspot mod, please be carefull selecting which file to download. Depending on the baseband select accordingly.

If you are on MF9, the select MF9.

Again to check if your file system is on Odexed or Deodexed, go to /system/app and see if it's odexed or Deodexed. If file extension is .odex, then select MF9odexed.zip.

Once downloaded, flash like mentioned on the XDA site and reboot. Your Wi-Fi tethering should work. I HAVE FLASHED A MOD(comadose) & BECAUSE OF THAT I'M UNABLE TO TETHER.

Still working on the work around.

Not sure if this will work for you.

Please check and tell.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

Edited by Vinod Nayak