Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

I got a google voice number.

Free calls and sms to US.

Even though they support SMS to US numbers only, international SMSes are also going through.

I have sent SMS to reliance, tata and idea numbers.

http://www.google.com/googlevoice/about.html

Get an invite here

https://services.google.com/fb/forms/googlevoiceinvite/

How? It just says that I would be informed when it would be available.

^^^

even i got the same message.. i think the first allotment is full.. we are in waiting list..

Interesting service. Might be a paid service eventually.

How? It just says that I would be informed when it would be available.

The invites are being sent out on first come first served basis. Those who registered 3 months back are getting their numbers now.

How? I'd registered before that. Do youo mean signup to receive update when available in your area? Do you have a usa account?

If you want USA number, there is too much website offering this and we can make free USA calls with the dialer they are providing, even from mobile also. GIZMO5 is one service and they are providing USA number also. Just googling "Free VoIP, then you can get more results. One site is giving the service providers list. This is the address: VoipNow.

If we have somebody in USA we can call them free. I have registered with Gizmo5 and received one USA number, and tried to call from Bahrain whether it is working, but call was not connected. Then I drop this type of ideas and free services.

The USA numbers that you get from other providers are mostly SIP numbers, they cannot be reached from regular PSTN phones. Google provides a PSTN number. Also international SMS is free as of now, even though they don't officially support it. I have sent SMSes to Australia, New zealand and France and they are going through.

Edited by mathewvp

You are right Mr. Mathew, but I can't understand how google is giving PSTN numbers? Did they have their own switching center that have approved by TRAI?

Ya, we can send free sms's to any phone numbers in world now, there is too much web free services, but have been limited to number of sms's per day.

I can't understand how google is giving PSTN numbers? Did they have their own switching center that have approved by TRAI?

Its a US number, Why should google be approved by TRAI?

Which number have you got? Is your google account usa based? I'm trying to get details so I understand why am I not getting it.

I got a google voice number.

Free calls and sms to US.

Even though they support SMS to US numbers only, international SMSes are also going through.

I have sent SMS to reliance, tata and idea numbers.

http://www.google.com/googlevoice/about.html

Get an invite here

https://services.google.com/fb/forms/googlevoiceinvite/

Google Voice was previously known as Grand Central. Google acquired the company and relaunched the service as Google Voice on March 11, 2009. It's a great service - I have been using it since Nov. 2006.

This service is meant for US only and previously registration was possible only from US based IP Addresses (Grand Central days). You get a free PSTN no. for life. The service was originally meant as call forwarding service i.e., if any body called you at the GC no., the call would get forwarded to all your registered numbers like cell/office/home/gizmo etc and as a beta user we had the option of calling any US and Canada nos. for free. The calls had to be originated from the web or wap. You can specify the no. to call and select one of ypur registered no. GC/Google Voice would call you first and once you pick up the phone, it will call the destination no. and bridge the call.

So how do you get usa ip? I wish I had known then I would have signedup for grand central. I've twitted.

This service is meant for US only and previously registration was possible only from US based IP Addresses (Grand Central days).

You still need a US based IP address.

So how do you get usa ip?

Use a public US proxy. However, proxy is not need to get an invite.

i got the invitation from google voice, but then i try to login it says

Google Voice is not available in your country. Thanks for visiting Google Voice. We're not yet open for users outside the US, but are planning to expand our service to additional countries in the future.

This service is meant for US only and previously registration was possible only from US based IP Addresses (Grand Central days).

You still need a US based IP address.

So how do you get usa ip?

Use a public US proxy. However, proxy is not need to get an invite.

Does not matter. Even if you get an invite, it still needs a verfiable US phone number to complete the registration. I got an invite from an Indian IP address and a US IP address on 2 diifferent accounts. I chose a US based phone number. However, after doing that the next step is to chose a US number that your calls will be forwarded to. This number needs to be verified, just like email verification.

Is there a workaround to this?

i got the invitation from google voice, but then i try to login it says

Google Voice is not available in your country. Thanks for visiting Google Voice. We're not yet open for users outside the US, but are planning to expand our service to additional countries in the future.

same here...

^

you must have used an US IP address... something IP port forwarding.... right?

i got my google voice number and account fully activated

@dkalie

ask any frend/relative in USA

use teamviewer , and register from their comp in usa thru remote access ( and yes they wont know ur password )

and give that persons number so that when a call comes in he can punch in security code

thats how i did it

I got mine activated yesterday. I have Remote Desktop access through a Windows server in US, so if anyone need help you can PM me your invitation link and login details. However it requires a phone verification later to configure and they will accept only US number. I took help help from a client of mine, can't do that for others though others can use a Gimzo number as mentioned by mathewvp below.