Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
StaticElectricity

DADP Self-testing Tools For J2me Applications

hey, ive already read that, came to my account also, but nothing i found very interesting.

moreover everything in dadp.com seems sooo sooo withheld, i wonder if reliance ever got anything out of it except criticism...

if u dont believe me , just read the forum they have for themselves at dadp.com...

but hey, thats just me..

there are a few useful things on the dadp website. One is the handset specs file - its an excel file containing detailed comparison of each reliance handset - good for decision making while buying a handset.

One of the people in the forums have suggested disabling the jbrower given by reliance and using the phone's builtin browser. Would like to know if this is possible.

Now DADP Team started Self-Testing for your J2ME application.

*No Need to request DADP Team to upload your application.

*You can do that just by simple registration process.

*Now you can upload java application or game and access it from R-World

*Most awaited feature for R-World Developers.

*BTW you need public domain IP to host your .wml file

Guys start to upload your JAR and JAD now.

More Info: http://dadp.com/dadp/html/selftesting/stest.html.

Any thing related to this post here.

Dear Niket,

Your handset will be provisioned for OTA tools access by Wednesday,

December 8th, 2004.

You will be required to launch R-World and navigate to R-World - More

Services - Tools - and run the "Clear Memory" application before you can

access the OTA tools.

Regards.

DADP Team.

Within one day they replied positive. one of gr8 feature is u can add as many MDN as you like.

BTW Im planning to develop application just like WIKI on web. Ref. http://c2.com/cgi/wiki

can u guys pls explain all this in plain language.. whats this topic about.. and whats the stuff what we can ahve

This topic is about making your own applications for R world and upload it on your own handset and try it

BTW can we upload games also in this manner on our handset

I am no techie so waiting to see what others can do with this utility

i registered but cant see anyting on the rworld platform - cud anyone use this tool successfully?

21556[/snapback]

In my phone menu item is added under R-World --> More Services --> Tools.

menu is  "DADP" --> 1. WAPOTATools

.                        --> 2. DADPOTATools

For 1.) you can download any application through any .wml page hosted on http server run on public IP address.

For 2.) You have to upload application by DADP web interface. you do not need public IP address. but for each revision in application you have to upload again.

since i didn't uploaded anything via DADP site. no application is listed in menu.

my phone its activated 24 hrs. after receiving confirmation e-mail.

------------

This is gr8 tools for developers..

What I think they should enable WAPOTA tool built into R-Surf for all users. so games /apps can be downloaded from public WAP sites just as in GPRS/GSM platform.

I didnt understand anything out of it. what is it, why does relaince allow this etc? pls simply all things for a common non programer to understand. thanks in advance for ur help

Hello all,

I have signed up and uploaded a midlet, but can't see anything under RWorld>More Service>Tools. I tried mailing them, but no reply :) .

Anyway, can anyone list some links to J2ME tutorials on the net?

Adwait

Has it worked for some one!!!...

Will we be able to upload games to our own phones using this in future!!!

I had downloaded some games and full featured "Wap Browser" also.

BTW browser can't open any site because of network problem.. its seems reliance blocked that kind of access.

Has it worked for some one!!!...

Will we be able to upload games to our own phones using this in future!!!

24775[/snapback]

Works alright!!! :D

I had downloaded some games and full featured "Wap Browser" also.

BTW browser can't open any site because of network problem.. its seems reliance blocked that kind of access.

24800[/snapback]

According to what I read somewhere in the dadp site, reliance allows outbound access only on port 80.

Can some one post the full steps to upload games to LG 2030.

Also upload some cool games for us to try out...

:confuse::confuse:

Hello guys, I am planning to start a new group at RIMweb for testing Java applications using the WAP OTA tool. Also, Tinfo Mobile has expressed their interest in collecting feedback on their upcoming Java applications too. Those who have enabled the WAP OTA tool and is interested in joining the group, please send me an email request though the email button below. Thank you.

Hi Friends

I am new to RIM platform.

We have developed a J2ME based s/w which will used by sales people to upload some data to their server. I have tested this app on AirTel GPRS based nokia handsets. Now I want to port this app on RIM. I have registered on DADP site and uploaded a MIDLET through DADP Admin portal.

Now the self test section on the site says that R World -> More services -> Tools has DADP menu. But I am not able to see this. Is this menu appears only when I register my RIM as the developer RIM? If yes, then what will happen if I need to distribute this app to my client's sales team only?

Pls reply...

Have you sent the request to DADP to enable the OTA tools for your MDN ? It may take a few days for the menu to be activated after you send the request to activate DAPD menu for your handset.

No. I haven't send the request to DADP! Where is that mentioned?

Also If I want to use the app on different handset, do I need to send the MDN request again to the DADP team? How is this possible when I need to install the app on my client's sales team.

Is there any other way to deploy the app on selected number of handsets?

Pls guide...