Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
@ksh@T

Bsnl Launches Roaming Freedom Plan!.

BSNL Has launched ROAMING FREEDOM Plan.

guys 5 hrs free incoming while roaming, after that 1 re per minute ...guys...its gr8 more details awaited.

BSNL, MTNL cut roaming charges

Financial Express

Friday, June 01, 2007 at 1259 hours IST

NEW DELHI, JUNE 1: State-run telecom operators MTNL and BSNL have slashed national roaming charges to Re 1 for incoming calls and Re 0.40 for outgoing calls within any visiting network as part of a new post-paid plan to be launched on June 3.

The monthly rental for the plan has been fixed at Rs 550.

The subscribers will also get 300 minutes of free talktime for receiving calls. The call rates of Re 1 will apply after the free talktime is exhausted.

However, outgoing calls to networks outside the visiting state will be charged at Re 1.

Both the operators are expecting 20-25 per cent jump in their traffic from this scheme.

Telecom Minister A Raja had earlier said his department was looking at the possibility of lowering the domestic roaming charges, as planned by his predecessor Dayanidhi Maran.

Maran, had planned to abolish the domestic roaming charges on the occasion of his party (DMK) President M Karunanidhi's birthday on June 3.

This looks like a sustainable and practical plan, and is more or less in line with my observations on another thread.

1. Base tariff goes up - covers the fixed costs.Not much hanky panky of covering one thing from the other.

2. Some free incoming roaming - essentially to justify the above. Then at Re.1 per minute - i.e. as per the standard STD tariff on the 1India plan. Good, I expect some fine tuning down the line - see my comment 1 below.

3. Outgoing tariffs essentially the same as the normal rates. Good, again as it should be.

I hope this a precursor to the following on all plans

1. Incoming - equal to STD rate of your plan. There is no logic in beefing up the tariff and adding some free incoming!

2. Outgoing local & STD as per your outgoing rate.

1. Incoming - equal to STD rate of your plan. There is no logic in beefing up the tariff and adding some free incoming!

That was Reliance's "Value Roaming" introduced by Mukesh Ambani, and scrapped by Anil Ambani. Value Romaing was actually a trump in the arsenal of Reliance, as on some plans you could get incoming roaming virtually free (DAPO) and at some others at 40p/min (RIO399). I hope roaming tariffs move back to the good old "Value Roaming" times of Reliance.

That was Reliance's "Value Roaming" introduced by Mukesh Ambani, followed by TATA till date without any change, but scrapped by Anil Ambani due to his ARPU craze.

Reliance Communcations has counter-attacked the PSUs with its own new Roaming plan !

i dont understand why people are so amazed & happy to hear these new roaming plans ???

whatever BSNL & Reliance have done now after planning for so many days, TATA is giving much better roaming plans since its begining.

Even now Tata has unbeatable & very econimical, simple & attractive plans.

Since begining till date Tata is giving 'Roam Like Home' tariff while roaming. & just by paying Rs 150/- extra on any plan, you get 750 mins (i.e. 12.5hrs) incoming free & after 750 mins .50p/min incoming.

Now u decide which roaming plan is more favourable for subscribers ??

^^^

And what about Prepaid subscribers ?

I fully agree with anuragz. Why so much hype about the new BSNL and RCom plan of limited roaming.

If you are looking for roaming as a chep way to stay in touch with your family or your girl friend, Tata plans are still very good. Instead of paying Rs. 550 to BSNL for 300 minutes of free roaming usage, pay Rs. 249 to call your loved ones for 600 minutes in Tata.

If you are looking for roaming for your business purpose, look at Tata's Business Gold plan - Instead of paying Rs. 550 to BSNL for 300 minutes of free roaming usage, pay Rs. 350 for 500 minutes in Tata.

For more usage or detail statistics please read my post at http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?show...art=#entry85964

Edited by MOBILE FAN

@ puneet, value Roaming has come back in the guise of Home Roam packs without any rentals for NJ 399/499, RIO 299/399, Delight 399/499 and DAPO plans only. All other plans do not require Home Roam pack at all because the STDR2r rates are already higher than the new roaming charges of Rs 1.40/2.40/1.75. So there is no sense in offering HOME ROAM PACK for the remaining plans. Home Roam pack activation is not automatic and has to be requested with *333. If you do not activate it, you will pay 1.40/2.40 and 1.75 as roaming call charges. RCL should have automatically moved all subscribers in these seven plans to the Home roam pack and gained some brownie points after a long long time. But alas they do not want any goodwill at all and still beleive in troubling the subscribers no end. More than half the subscribers of tehse seven plans are aware of this rule of requesting for activation. There is no publicity at all nor the website has any info. Only if you dig deeper and ask the CC, you will find gold. This is plain ridiculous on RCLs part.

@mobilefan,

I had told you in your topic earlier that Zero Roaming Charges will never see the light of the day. The new minister does not recollect that there was any such concept (Z R C) in the pipeline at all. He has coolly forgotten the news headlines which screamed that Maran wanted to introduce this ZRC as a birthday gift for MK on 3.6.7. This is what the newspapers here say today and are not my comments. Whatever BSNL/MTNL/RCL has introduced as new free roaming charges plans have higher rentals to offset partly or completely the loss on the free i/c plans. And also notice that the local call rates are higher at Re 1 pm for all plans. Anyway this is how all telcos fool people.

Thanks

BSNL Has launched ROAMING FREEDOM Plan.

guys 5 hrs free incoming while roaming, after that 1 re per minute ...guys...its gr8 more details awaited.

BSNL is growing & becomming good now a days

-----------------------------

Internet Marketing