Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Ravi

Effective R-Connect Speeds

usually downloads speed will be high...

no wht i meant was, that when ppl have posted above that they get speeds of xxkbps... is that browsing speed or dl speed?

and pls mention kilobits or kilobytes to be damn sure....

In my cableNet connection i get constant 5-7kilobytes/s dl speed and hence i dont think it would be any good to venture into R-Connect as yet.

no wht i meant was, that when ppl have posted above that they get speeds of xxkbps... is that browsing speed or dl speed?

and pls mention kilobits or kilobytes to be damn sure....

hi chirag,

Kbps means kilobits per second

kb/s kilobytes per second

tats how i distinguish... :quest:

Any techie guys, Plz correct me if i am wrong ;)

It is the case of the b which matters

Bps is bytes per sec

bps is bits per sec

K shud actually be caps though small is acceptable since it has been like that for long.

One more stuff - even though 1 byte = 8 bit, in network parlance,

1KBps may not be 8Kbps since network protocols usually have an error correction/parity/stop bit added. (You might see these in modem settings)

Here in trivandrum, I get speeds from 9kbps to 38 kbps ;) ( as per pcpitstop.com). I attain nirvana by looking at the network icon in the taskbar tray which announces I am conncted at 230.4 kbps. :quest:

May Be Someone Who Likes To Use Messnegers Alone...Chat...They Can Stay Online 24 Hours...can anyone suggest me a goood software to monitor dataexchange regularly with summaries...

Edited by Ashokjp

you can download the program from here: http://www.networkingfiles.com/Monitor/BandwidthMonitor.htm

I used to use this software quite alot... but it seems tht it doesn't support WIN XP or LINUX.

Well moreover, since data packets are transfered continuously to keep the connective live, u dont really get the true data transfer rate! Coz even while u r not surfing, u'll get the indication of data transfer still...

i used it with windows xp for two years! maybe you got an older version.

cant you just use the inbuilt iptables thing in linux to check your data transfer?

i used it with windows xp for two years! maybe you got an older version.

maybe...

But the link u've provided doesn't have a WIN XP setup file as well...! where do i get it..

well i cannot find that link right now, but if you want i can upload it to my site.. i can send u a pm when its done

nope...broken link...help please...

i got one soft.. howto config this

http://download2.paessler.com/download/prtg.zip

its asks for IP address or DNS Name...helpppppppp..

even i found that from http://www.ipaddress.com but still not working.

static this will help you

What is it?

PRTG (Paessler Router Traffic Grapher) is an easy to use Windows software that monitors bandwidth usage and other network parameters via SNMP.

What does it do?

PRTG allows you to quickly and easily set up and run a monitoring station for SNMP enabled networks. With just a few mouse clicks you can log the amount of data flowing through routers, monitor CPU utilization, or check disk space usage. More...

How can I use it?

The most common usage is monitoring the bandwidth usage of leased lines, routers and firewalls. However, you can also monitor many other aspects of servers, managed switches, printers, and other network components as long as they are SNMP enabled.

Using PRTG (Paessler Router Traffic Grapher) you can set up a usage monitoring station for your routers and servers in minutes as you can see in the Guided Tour!

hi..

all..

new to here..

sorry.. but i m very frustrated.. at various tries i was able to open this reply box.

( rconnect s**ks) I have LG LSP340E. I have 1500 plan. basicaly i bought the reliance ot do that net.but alas.. i got my self ending up with huge bills and man eating, frustrating bandwidth.

u can understand that i have opened this forum in 1/2 hr.

well. can any one tell me what i m doing wrong. b'coz one of my friend has LG terminal and getting 30-40 kbps and i am getting, i don't know how much b'coz speed test never seems to be ending. but i think i m getting 2-4 kbps and that is even not constant. in the night it used to be fast but it is not.

IS that due to that 340LSP has less internet speed than LG terminal ?

OR do reliance reduce bandwidth if you have bill pending ?

btw.. I am not able to browse this whole forum b'cozs rconnect is ****ing me and my money. Currently i don't have any other option to do the internet. PLease tell where is wrong.

even not sure will it get posted successfully..

BTW.. i have tried window 98 and also winXP both has same problem.

Well .. i have done lots of tweaking.. plz..

Tahnx

First of all R- connect should be giving around 10kbps. Thats kilobits. not kilo bytes.

Secondly reliance wont reduce bandwidth speeds if bills are pending. At least till now they dont do tat :D

The problem could lie within dial up networking.

You could try reinstalling dialup detworking.

But since you say that you have already tried switching os, that could not be the prob.

It could also be because of a faulty cable.

R u suing the original cable or a duplicate one. Try chainging cables...

This forum is not at all heavy and should load easily even on a normal dialup connection....

Hope this helps ...

p r e t e n d e r

Try accessing the net at different times of the day (like early morning, late night, afternoon, etc.) and see if the speed varies or not.

First of all R- connect should be giving around 10kbps. Thats kilobits. not kilo bytes.

It's Kilo bytes...i got around 10- 12 kilobytes with a 2280..

WBR

Surej

WBR

Surej

:o

how is that possible??

10 kilo bytes/sec= 600kilo bytes/min. i.e 1.2 MB File takes only 2 mins ...

12 kilo bytes/sec= 720 kilobytes/min i.e. 1.44 MB file takes only 2 mins

impossible... :wacko: or is it?

with a samsung A563 I get download speed easily upto 14 KB/Sec .. it is to be noted although that Colour phones baud rate is more than the black and white ones..

don't know y...

WBR

Surej

:o

how is that possible??

10 kilo bytes/sec= 600kilo bytes/min. i.e 1.2 MB File takes only 2 mins ...

12 kilo bytes/sec= 720 kilobytes/min i.e. 1.44 MB file takes only 2 mins

impossible... :wacko: or is it?

That is possible, using stardownloader i had downloaded almost 4 mB in 6 minz

That was norton antivirus update

hi techies

i get a speed of 60 kbps at midnnight and 40 kbps at afternoon