Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Ravi

Effective R-Connect Speeds

What speeds do you get while using R Connect ?

Well mine is very slow at an average of 50 kilo bits per sec only.

• Like 1

R Connect speed varies depending on the SDCA where you are using. If it is a bigger SDCA with more customers, the speed would be less, while in less populated SDCA's, the speed should be more. Also, the speed is better during early mornings.

thats pretty good speed.. which handset r u using? also which SDCA are you in? r u getting the speed when downloading or did u test it? can someone test it on pcpitstop and tell me what kind of speed ur getting along with other details like time of testing( if possible test it at different times), ur handset, and ur SDCA

thanks

im using a samsung n191......n i tested it on pcpitstop n it clocked it at only 33k...i dnt no y they claimed thier speeds is 115k.....i cannot even play multiplayer games man......

N WOT IS SDCA......

• Like 1

Speed is quite good - if it is so, there are lot of errors in transmission leading to either less effective throughput or corrupt downloads or both. I had bad experiences and have posed the problem to Reliance technical team.

There are 8 kilobits for every 1 kilobyte. So 115 kilobits gives you around 14 - 15 kilobytes only.

Comparing with other ISP like Sify and HCL Infinity or Dishnet in Bhubaneswar

I think Reliance India Mobile's Internet speed is good and ok.

I admit sometime it's data transfer is slow,but usually it's speed varies from 7 to 25 Kilobytes per sec.

How abt ur cities.

hello neel,

and welcome to the forum

i once went to webworld and checked the speed from there, and i got bout 5 kbps... it might be avg speed. but those of us who use cable it doenst give extra speed, when we want to download something fast, and at present the rates offered by bsnl is very cheap.

i think their latest offer is a new landline connection for internet and a certain amt as rent, and then the call carge to 17 no is 60 paise for 3 mins or so... so its more cheaper. reliance is charging 40 ps per minute.. but i cant really say an opinion, i guess the opinion of those who have used it recently like you would be more valuable.

Hi all

some of my friends started using the Reliance internet

from Mobile phone connected to PC and start connecting Internet

and they are saying 40Ps per minute

but they get the 115kbps, rarely

but it shows them 115k

is the any commitment from RIM that customer get 115k

contstant

or is there any data transfer restriction

hare

The speed varies from 80 kbps to 10 kbps but my problem is the connection hangs after a while, neither disconnecting and reconnecting as it is supposed to do Nor transmitting any data. If I manually disconnect and reconnect then it works for another 5-10 minutes and then the old story of connection without data transfer.

hari

The speed varies from 80 kbps to 10 kbps but my problem is the connection hangs after a while, neither disconnecting and reconnecting as it is supposed to do Nor transmitting any data. If I manually disconnect and reconnect then it works for another 5-10 minutes and then the old story of connection without data transfer.
try upgrading ur software. or contact webworld maybe they will take care of the prob in the next version of the software
but they get the 115kbps, rarely

but it shows them 115k

by kbps do u mean kilo bytes or kilo bits? because reliance is giving 115 kilobits per second.

is the any commitment from RIM that customer get 115k

contstant

no isp will commit anything like that. it is very much network dependent. as chirag pointed out. and reliance is not really an isp. the net is just a related service. but even though they r not really an isp they r the 5th largest isp in india....

One of the best ways to detect the actual speed of internet connection wud be thru the zdnet site.

For better results, close all other browser and download windows before you click this link

One of the best ways to detect the actual speed of internet connection wud be thru the zdnet site.

For better results, close all other browser and download windows before you click this link

On my connection it shows about 91.5 kbps.

Second Time it shows 107.5 kbps

well it would show like that coz the speed would increase a bit when ur downloading the same file again. must be due to server caching. but the best way to determine the speed is to run the test at various time of the day. also check this site. http://www.pcpitstop.com

you can check your connection speed, do anti virus scan and test ur computer and so on. btw i used it to check the speed of connection when i was testing at RWW. i got just 5 kbps. i dont know how it would perform now.

The speed is destined to get lower once more customers buy the data cable and connect to the net. I think a very small percentage has bought the data cable. I am not aware of the numbers, but the pc penetration in our country is quite low. Amongst them, the number of users interested to use the R-conncet service will be lesser.

As far as speed is concerned (I have been using the R-connect almost immediately since they introduced the data cable) and it has been very erratic and compared quite evenly with the BSNL dial up connection. The connection to the net, however was almost instantaneous without the screeching modem sounds. As of now, it looks the BSNL tariff is lower (60 ps per 3 mts + 10 ps per min for ISP) which is 90 paisa for a three minute call. And you don't pay 200 rs per month. The best part of it is the connection will be on throughout and u will not get inflated R-Connect bills (because the R-connect goes into dormancy when ever the data transfer stops and reconnects again when we click another link or other button). Even the cost of the data cable is quite expensive at 1200/-.

The best option for our city (many areas) is cable internet where they charge from something around 500 rs. service tax included. If u intend to use the net for long hours or have several downloads etc, cable connection is the best option. You can install a download manager, start the download process, switch off the monitor and go to sleep! I have downloaded fedora core linux in one go (5-6 hours).

As of now, it looks the BSNL tariff is lower (60 ps per 3 mts + 10 ps per min for ISP) which is 90 paisa for a three minute call. And you don't pay 200 rs per month. The best part of it is the connection will be on throughout and u will not get inflated R-Connect bills (because the R-connect goes into dormancy when ever the data transfer stops and reconnects again when we click another link or other button).
mr hovs...

this is really height !!! u r comparing the tiny bandwidth of bsnl with the optical fibre connected reliance network with far more bandwidth. all the best to u if u r going to use the pathetic bsnl to connect to ur isp. when u finish ur one month do let us know ur bill of bsnl and ur isp bill too.

The best option for our city (many areas) is cable internet where they charge from something around 500 rs. service tax included.

i m sure u ll not be able to carry ur cable internet connection wherever u roam thruout the country.

do think about such things before criticising...

jigar trivedi

Well,

For hovs, his tendency to criticizing RIM. so this type of statement is not new from him.

But if he do it by well balanced thinking then it is worth to read his posts.

R-connect is 5 to 6 time faster then Dial-up. and in night time BSNL connection is hard to get. in Day time BSNL dial-up cost about 30 RS. and R-connect cost just 24 Rs. per hour.

Reliance is serving in about 1200 cities. and my city of one of them and here in my area CABLE internet connection is not yet come. some providers are planning to start in next six months. So think from that 1200 cities how much cities have CABLE connection.

And if cable cost Rs.1200 is high then what about Rs.6000 cost of CABLE modem. and yet china made cables are available at just Rs. 300 - 600 only.

And if u use FWT or FWP (Fixed wireless phone) then Same R-connect speed u get at Price of BSNL's Dial-up. with Effective monthly rental ZERO.

can you ppl tell me whatz the speed you were getting at various places?

here in coimbatore i am getting around 9 Kbps.

i feel its good than a sancharnet connection almost 3 to 4 times faster.... good naaaaa....... :clap:

can you ppl tell me whatz the speed you were getting at various places?

here in coimbatore i am getting around 9 Kbps.

i feel its good than a sancharnet connection almost 3 to 4 times faster.... good naaaaa....... :quest:

I will get mostly 14-16 kilo bytes per second. almost all day.

Are we talking abt browsing speeds or download speeds?

usually downloads speed will be high...

hi guys anyways to tweak and increase speed in R Connect. :quest: