Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Ravi

Effective R-Connect Speeds

Thats what because of monopoly they r having in telecom resources in india & therefore they think they can act as they like. :confuse:

but thats like limited so no use for 256 k except for superfast chatting or surfing all round the month and yup for a good voip call

thats isint just enough for most of the warez hungry members here

Edited by abhay

ONE lousy GB of data (upload+download) is far from enuf for a 256 kbps connection ...and not just that, the BSNL usage site consistently shows a significantly higher usage than what I log at my end using DU meter, BW Meter, etc... :D

One more issue with BSNL BB: ADSL connections typically have a much lower upload throughput ...so don't even dream that you will be able to upload data at 256 kbps ...its far slower!

For more on how BSNL (& others) cheat, dont miss this!

Has anybody else using DataOne checked?

And granted, BSNL sux in every way, I speak from 1st hand experience, but do we have a choice? :angry:

Edited by raccoon

2-3Kbps ..... i cant even get outlook to download my mails .... :(

I'm using a nokia2112 and a DKU-5 clone for which i had to install the prolific drivers. I'm open to make any changes to get atleast a decent 10-15Kbps. I'm at a decent 4-5 signals all the time

Plese let me know what i would need to do

Can we increase the speed of Rconnect while used with Nokia 2112?

Though the speed shows 234Kbps, do I get full speed?

Should I have to add some setting, to get real speed?

I get download rate of 15KB/sec, is that alright?

Please let me know.

Thanks.

well speed of 15KB is very good speed only 2-3 KBPs less than maximum speed avalable on present cdma network ,though it also depends upon network conditions .Btw 234kbps is a baud rate on which both d communication devices connect. :)

Edited by amitbt22

Hi,

Can anyboby please tell me about the actual speed he/she had obtained (generally) using RConnect based intenet connectivity using RIM phone. Reason for asking the same is that I am planning to buy one, but many people are giving different opinion about it. Some of them says that in some time during peak hours the connection goes slow to 10-15 kbps? Pl help.

Sandeep

Edited by skagarwal

Being in Bangalore, you have many options. If you are a person who roams / travels around the city, you can go for Rconnect. But if you use it in your home for your desktop, go for wired service providers like Airtel (Unlimited 128 kbps for Rs.700) or Tata Indicom broadband (Rs.500 for 64 kbps unlimited). I use Internet in desktop only but gone for rconnect because in my area there are no wired services.

Do you want mobility? (you have not mentioned in your question)

As far as speed, in Tamil Nadu, I get 40 kbps in FWT

Yes, it is good. There are no disconnects. The speed is faster the the BSNL dial-up. You can go for it!

intenet connectivity using RIM phone. Reason for asking the same is that I am planning to buy one

Sandeep

You will get only dialup speeds.I used to get 30Kbps average one year back.But,the point is RConnect is preety costly. Bals have rightly said that there r many other operators in bangalore with better plans.

In fact I am using a AIRTEL offer plan in which I pay 1000 Rs Per month and I get 128Kbps unlimited internet with 525 Rs talktime free with 1.10 per pulse.So,effectively I pay only 475 for unlimited 128 internet.

In rconnect there is a 40 Hour plan 20 night and 20 day at Rs 400.You can make out the difference in tarrifs.

Thanks to all for providing the information. Since there is no broadband connectivity in my area, I am bound to have the Internet access through GPRS based solutions. Can somebody reply the following:

1. Is the connectivity depends on handset, one is using?

2. Can I browse yahoo and other https sites, without much(more then 5 sec) waiting time?

3. What is the actual speed somebody has experienced using this device? (I am not OK, if answer is less then 10 KB/S)

Well I have R-connect Fredom@Night plan.

I get speeds above 13 KB/s(104kbps) at night after 11pm.Thing is that u should have good siganl in ur area.5 cars will get u those speeds.

I download almost 350MB everyday in 8 hrs on P2P & http

well speed of 15KB is very good speed only 2-3 KBPs less than maximum speed avalable on present cdma network ,though it also depends upon network conditions .Btw 234kbps is a baud rate on which both d communication devices connect. :clap:

:clap: well now I get only 3KB/sec while downloading; Anything going wrong? Please help me.

Rak

Speed depends on network conditions,signal strength,congestion(as far as i know).sometimes we get 17-18 KBPS at d same place & sometimes less than 5 KBPS at d same place. :clap:

download speed 20KBPS!

and some time more

Edited by cracker