Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dixit

Samsung Duo (tata Indicom)

samsung duo is good, I had it with TATA Indicom and Hutch sims, working nice

Video in mp4 is good

RUIM card is not acceptable :eek:

NO FM Radio, NO Data cable in box

Touch screen and Menu's are good.

Both Tata and Hutch remain active connections always or you have to restart to get one active connection? I mean if you are talking on Tata line and you get another call on your Hutch number, can you hold the Tata number and talk on your Hutch number?

anil ambani why we should lag behind! . . . .

samsung duo is good, I had it with TATA Indicom and Hutch sims, working nice

Video in mp4 is good

RUIM card is not acceptable :rofl_200:

NO FM Radio, NO Data cable in box

Touch screen and Menu's are good.

Whether it has a key pad?

Sad if its not working with RUIM.. :Decepcionado: Did you check that up?

No it does not hv any keypad only touch screen.

There are something different from Spice D88

CDMA Cum GSM

Duo is a quad band device supporting CDMA 800 & 1900 MHz bands and GSM 900 & 1800 MHz band. The handset operates on Tata Indicom network as well GSM networks in India and internationally. You can switch between the two networks easily without the need for restarting the handset.

Two Sim Card Slots

Duo supports two sim card slots which allow operation of two numbers on Duo non simultaneously. Duo however supports call forwarding facility on both GSM and CDMA which facilitates incoming calls from both the numbers. Call forwarding is however network dependent. You can use two CDMA numbers or two GSM numbers or one CDMA and one GSM numbers.

World Roaming

Roam around the world freely with new advanced Duo. Duo quadband Support and combination of CDMA and GSM technology facilitates roaming in maximum countries around the world.

Touch Screen

Easily access the rich features of the phone with just one touch on the sharp and responsive Touch screen display of Duo. Duo has many of the commonly accessed functions on the screen in the form of on screen icons.

Large High Definition Display

Life is beautiful with DUO's vibrant 2.2 inch, 262,000 colors. TFT display with 176x220 pixel resolution.

Sketch Memo

Use the sketch memo to directly write on the special note pad on the screen. Send the sketch memo through MMS as a picture.

File Viewer

Transfer your documents (Excel, pdf, word, ppt, etc) from PC to Duo and view these files using Duo anything anywhere.

Functional Screen

Duo supports a host of functional screens, like Scheduler, Todays Tasks , Two Countries Time Clocks etc.. which provide one touch access to your time management tools.

Handwriting Recognition

Duo Supports the convenience handwriting recognition which converts your handwriting to text with high degree of accuracy.

Easy messaging (Hinglish, T9 Hindi & T9 English)

You can write the messages with speed by using, T9 Hindi & T9 English mode operations. You can alsowrite Hindi words in English in fast way through predictive text input using Hinglish (Eg. Namaste).

Bluetooth

Connect Duo wirelessly to other Bluetooth enabled devices and Exchange data with them. Also use Bluetooth headset, hands free Speaker, dialup network & stereo Headset.

Private Speaker Phone

Use Duo's speaker phone for hands free communication And audio conferencing.

World Clock

Duo has a new format of intuitive World Clock with rich graphics. It displays a global map along with indication of day & night. Just select the country on the responsive touch screen for knowing the time.

Micro SD Card Slot

You can use up to 1GB Micro SD Card for storing data, music, video and picture.

Access Internet with high speed

Use Duo as modern to access internet at speeds up to 150Kbps.

WAP Browser

Use WAP browser to surf the internet.

Airplane Mode

Use Airplane mode to turn off the RF signal and access phone's features during flight without causing radio interference with the aircraft.

Voice Memo & Voice Recording

Set Voice memo's and record voice during on and off calls

Others

Memo, Calculator, Stop Watch and Unit Converter.

1.3 Megapixel camera

Duo keeps your multimedia entertainment in sharp focus with a high-definition 1.3 megapixel digital camera with 2X digital zoom & video recording.

MP3 / AAC+ Player

Download MP3 / AAC+ format songs from Tata Zone or transfer from PC to Duo's inbuilt or external memory.

Stereo Headset Bluetooth support

Listen to you favourite music using the convenient option of Stereo Bluetooth Headset. A2DP Bluetooth profile on Duo enables the same.

Tata Zone (BREW)

Access Tata Zone for downloading exciting content.

MMS

Transfer your images and video clips through Multimedia Messaging Support.

Video Streaming

High quality audio and video streaming. (mpeg-4 & H.263 video formats supported.)

72 Polyphonic / MP3 Ring tone

With 72 Polyphonic ring tones, you can groove on to your heart's content. You can also set your favorite MP3 as your ringtone.

Auto change wall papers

Set auto change wallpapers as wallpapers to have fresh look on Duo always.

Cricket Scorer

Keep yourself updated with the latest Cricket Match score, statistics, graphs with unique Cricket Scorer application for Tata Indicom users. Using the service the match score and other statistics are updated at regular intervals on your mobile.

Indian calendar & Panchang

Don't miss Indian festivals, dates and important occasions using the special Indian calendar function. Use the Panchang feature to know auspicious / inauspicious time during the day.

Mobile Prayer

Set daily Aarti's on the handset correlated with the day of the specific Indian deity.

Emergency SOS alert

Whenever you are in trouble the DUO will ensure that help is close at hand by its engineering SOS Alert. All you have to do is press the volume key 4 times and the DUO will automatically send out an SOS SMS to up to 10 numbers that have been chosen by you. This will alert the receivers of the SMS that you need help, and when they call you, the DUO will Automatically receive their calls, and they can communicate with you and come across to your aid.

User Lock

Set password to access your phone.

Call Reject

Set up to 10 nos for automatic call reject to prevent unwanted calls from coming through.

post-4883-1187035406_thumb.jpg

post-4883-1187035453_thumb.jpg

post-4883-1187035470_thumb.jpg

Good review Mr.Pankaj,MObile prayer and panchang is usefull options.camera is not good compare with n6275.ringer,mp3 and video's volume are also low.

Both Tata and Hutch remain active connections always or you have to restart to get one active connection? I mean if you are talking on Tata line and you get another call on your Hutch number, can you hold the Tata number and talk on your Hutch number?

You still havn't answered this Mr Dixit....................

Dear Kamaal,

Is it TRUE that, in DUO there is a switch to change network (Tata to BSNL for eg..)... Whether changing the network is INSTANT or it takes some time...? If so how many minutes????

Whether the switch is for Outgoing call Network selection or for both In/OutGoing??? Is it possible to get Incoming call on both networks irrespective of SWITCH position???

In DUO five key navigation controls the network changing CARD1 to CARD2 take average 30 sec,

In/outgoing calls are only from one network will possible.

Edited by dixit

Samsung India CDMA has launched a new website for India to showcase the CDMA mobile phones launched in the Indian market. The website is designed as per web 2.0 guidelines and is based on clean and uncluttered navigation. The website seeks to promote Samsung CDMA mobile phones as well as CDMA technology as a superior alternative to GSM. http://www.samsungcdma.in

I cant believe that this samsung duo in not at all a dual connection handset. I even talked with online help to clerify my doubt, but i m still surprized that how come a company like samsung market a product promoting a feature it does not have. ????

Here is the chat i had with the representative....

Kavita: Welcome to Online Chat Support

Kavita: How may I assist you?

Kavita: Hi Anurag,How may I assist you?

anurag: hi i wanted to know more about this dual phone.

Kavita: Yes, please go ahead with your query.

anurag: can it have both connection active at the same time ??

Kavita: I am sorry only one Sim Card can be active at a given time. However, you may call forward your inactive sim card to your active sim card. That way you will be physically accessible on both numbers.

Kavita: You may select the sim card you want active at the time of phone start up.

anurag: then why do u call it a dual phone ???

anurag: it can be better named as 2 sim carrier

Kavita: you may call forward your inactive sim card to your active sim card.

anurag: why should i pay for call forward when i am buying a dual connection phone ???

anurag: r u providing free call forwarding facility with this handset ???

Kavita: I am sorry,this information is not available with me

Kavita: Its depends upon the service providers.

anurag: well i tell u . No service provider even tata do not provide free call forwarding facility.

anurag: if i fwd a call from one no. to another then i have to pay outgoing rate from that no.

Kavita: I am sorry, this is a chat for Samsung CDMA phones only.

Kavita: May I request you to kindly contact Tata Indicom Customer Care for your Query

Kavita: Is there anything else I can assist you with?

anurag: well i m sorry Kavita & i really dont intend to offend u. but i must tell u that this is the most foolish handset & marketting gimmick from samsung.

anurag: I suggest u that u better read about another dual sim phone available in the market Spice D88 & compare its features.

anurag: anyways thanks for ur time.

anurag: Thanks

Kavita: You are most welcome!

Kavita: Thank you for visiting our website!

Kavita: It has been a pleasure chatting with you.

Kavita: Do visit us again. We are available from 10 a.m to 6 p.m, Monday to Saturday.

Kavita: Bye!

I think now doubts about this phone are cleared !!!

This phone was never CDMA + GSM it is CDMA OR GSM

I am not sure why we are discussing about this handset which is not available in Reliance network (other then by tweaking) :P

^^^

@saketsamir

My dear friend I don't think their is any harm for discussing about this handset here in rimweb.

Regards.

so why not tweak! . .whats the harm in tweaking

Review Mobile Java Games Sites and read the reviews to find out where to get the best and cheapest Java Games. There

is also a section to review mobile phone games.http://www.gamemobile.co.uk

http://download.gamemobile.com/download.ph...seball_6126.jar http://download.gamemobile.com/download.ph...seball_6131.jar http://download.gamemobile.com/download.ph...seball_6233.jar

ne user please clarify! . . .buhuuuuuuu

Hi,

Its very nice handset... with dual SIM.No need to stuck up with one provider... choice of changing provider from CDMA to GSM

Camera is 1.3Mp Only. But that is enough for normal users...

See the snaps I took using this camera... you cant believe....

http://picasaweb.google.com/fedorahacker/BangaloreZoo

Thank you.

Cheers.

camera seems to be good. better than any available CDMA, perhaps

Hi,

I also purchaed this handset recently. However I not pleased with the zooming capability of the handset. I took photo at resolution of 1024X768. But i found the zooming was even not upto 2X. I have read that it can have zoom from 2X to 10X.

Is there ant specific setting for this?

Hi,

Its very nice handset... with dual SIM.No need to stuck up with one provider... choice of changing provider from CDMA to GSM

Camera is 1.3Mp Only. But that is enough for normal users...

See the snaps I took using this camera... you cant believe....

http://picasaweb.google.com/fedorahacker/BangaloreZoo

Thank you.

Cheers.