Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Genius

Spice D88 Dual Gsm/cdma Dual Handset

Hello this is my first posting - i have JUST purchased Spice D88 and made it custom to suit my needs - since its a new phone i shall be happy to take if you guys have any querry regarding useage or operation.

:D

18/08/2007

Hello i have tested this with TATA also its working fine --- Great

Edited by Genius

^^^

Congrats for the purchase of this handset my dear friend. Can you throw some light on the features of this handset? Especially about the battery life, call related features, etc. You must also post the pros and cons of this handset.Regards.

Edited by Honest

^^^

Congrats for the purchase of this handset my dear friend. Can you throw some light on the features of this handset? Especially about the battery life, call related features, etc. You must also post the pros and cons of this handset.Regards.

Thanks

Well the set is good - specially if you want 2 sets in one, bat. life is also sufficient and lasts for 1 1/2 day for me with talk time of 1 to 1 1/2 hr on both networks, added advantage is you can use datacable provided to charge from any Computer USB port any where. i think Spice should have used standard mini usb insted of custom made one - that way it would have been easy.

you can get complete Spec on Spice link and Spice D88 User Guide

Best thing i like is i can send my GSM SMS to CDMA from same set and vice versa

applications are standard, lacks Bluetooth -- voice quality is good good music player -

You can import 1000*4 phone 1email 1 company 1 name in its phone memorry

Hope it helps

Bye

Edited by Genius

can it works on both network at same time or you have to switch between ?

Edited by dil_1964

can it works on both network at same time or you have to switch between ?

Works on both same time really good - you have choice to have either of them also at one time:

Profiles:

Primary GSM / Second CDMA

Primary CDMA / Second GSM

Only GSM

Only CDMA

Flight Mode (No connection)

After going thru the handset specifications it is understood that the set not only lacks the bluetooth but also the fm too is missing.

@ Genius: Request the following info:

a) Your comments on the battery life?

B) SMS Inbox storage capacity

c) Since not very familier with Spice handsets, whats the experience while keying in the text for sms?

d) Last but not the least, how much does it cost?

I think Spice purchases chinese handsets and just print their Logo. They do not have any manufacturing plant.

Can we expect Nokia CDMA-GSM dual mode?

@ Genius:

1) Which CDMA network u r using?

2) Can Reliance RUIM work eith RWorld?

I think Spice purchases chinese handsets and just print their Logo. They do not have any manufacturing plant.

Can we expect Nokia CDMA-GSM dual mode?

you are correct.

After going thru the handset specifications it is understood that the set not only lacks the bluetooth but also the fm too is missing.

@ Genius: Request the following info:

a) Your comments on the battery life?

:rofl_200: SMS Inbox storage capacity

c) Since not very familier with Spice handsets, whats the experience while keying in the text for sms?

d) Last but not the least, how much does it cost?

a) Bat is good enough for day and a half depends on use, wont dissapoint you

:Decepcionado: SMS memorry is not mentioned and in my guess its 300 each for GSM & CDMA both have saperate inbox

c) Not good nothing compairs to nokia, T9 is more or less like chinese sets limited dictionary you can add more words, i am using plain ABC only

d) i got it for 9050 / you can get it for 9000 to 10000

@ Genius: 1) Which CDMA network u r using?2) Can Reliance RUIM work eith RWorld?
Using RIM No R world in this set
I think Spice purchases chinese handsets and just print their Logo. They do not have any manufacturing plant.Can we expect Nokia CDMA-GSM dual mode?
you are correct.
This is a Chinese Set the box says manif. by some Z*5$#@ company in China

Genius, can you use the phone with two cdma cards ? Or does "only cdma" mean that only one cdma card works at a time ? sorry for the typos in my earlier post

Hi Genius,

Can u explain the signal straningth ?

As I am from Kolkata, I am not getting the set here. So, can u purchase the set for me and courier to me?

If yes, how should I pay to you?

Thanks.

Hi Genius,

As I am from Kolkata, I am not getting the set here. So, can u purchase the set for me and courier to me?

Thanks.

Signal Strength is Good

IN Raipur also the supply is not yer proper i have prchased 6 sets for me and my friends now still there is crisis and 400-800 on is going on cant help it

Genius L can you sue the phone with two cdma cards ? Or does "only cdma" mean that only one cdma card works at a time ?sorry for the typos in my earlier post : sue = use.

No it has to be CDMA and GSM Samsung set you can Use CDMA CDMA or GSM GSM or GSM CDMA (TATA only)

HI,Is the set able to record the on going conversation?HI,Is the set able to record the on going conversation?

Hello this is my first posting - i have JUST purchased Spice D88 and made it custom to suit my needs - since its a new phone i shall be happy to take if you guys have any querry regarding useage or operation.

:Riendo:

Hi fellow boarders,

I just joined the forum.

Cheers...

Hi Geniius,

Congrats on the purchase.

I went thru all the details you have given on the D88. I would like to know if they (Spice) have got authorised dealer or distributor network for the set. I am from down south and would like to get hold of this Dual SIM mobile.

In fact I did some google check and found that Cool Pad 728 a chinese one is available which is also a PDA. Samsung has also launched one Dual SIM mobile. My local vendor says he can supply a chinese Dual SIM mobile for just 6500 but without any warranty/guarantee. Another one who advertised in The HIndu Daily quoted a price of 15k for a Korean manufactured set. I think Spice Mobile set is good one for the price with guarantee.

My CDMA connection is with reliance and will be provide a SIM to change over to the new mobile set?

Cheers...

Annan

Bloody fools Reliance people...

I have purchased C88 Spice and inserted Cellone Card which is working nicely in GSM mode.I visited web World of Reliance to transfer my existing number in this new handset.They first time saw this dual handset. they said this cannot be done as one simcard is already there!

Then i showed them the manual and CDMA card slot. Then they said u have to purchase Handset transfer Card worth Rs.25.which i purchased. Then those fools erased my number from original H/S. but they were not knowing how to activate in new HS.now I cant use either HS.Now they are seeking guidence from there bloody head office.

Reliace web world people are bloody fools like BSNL people!!!

can any one write how to activate this HTC (Handset Transfer Card)?

I have purchased C88 Spice and inserted Cellone Card which is working nicely in GSM mode.I visited web World of Reliance to transfer my existing number in this new handset.They first time saw this dual handset. they said this cannot be done as one simcard is already there!

Then i showed them the manual and CDMA card slot. Then they said u have to purchase Handset transfer Card worth Rs.25.which i purchased. Then those fools erased my number from original H/S. but they were not knowing how to activate in new HS.now I cant use either HS.Now they are seeking guidence from there bloody head office.

hi friend

handset transfer card and RUIM is different.

i suppose u have to get a RUIM and put it in the sim slot.. it may work.. costing RS.300

RUIM is a sim card which can be used on cdma phone with sim slots..

if its spice D-88 it ll work..

All the best

Edited by capt.santhosh

Hi Genius,

Thanks.

Its available here. Contact in PM for quick delivary

You must use blank sim card to activate HCC and the handset must be of Reliance Infocomm. Use any genuine Reliance infocomm handset supporting sim card and activate ur sim. then use it on ur dual sim mobile. its better

What about the conversation recording? Is it possible on this Spice D-88?

HI,Is the set able to record the on going conversation?HI,Is the set able to record the on going conversation?

No

:GirandoOjos:

Hi fellow boarders,

I just joined the forum.

Cheers...

Hi Geniius,

Congrats on the purchase.

I went thru all the details you have given on the D88. I would like to know if they (Spice) have got authorised dealer or distributor network for the set. I am from down south and would like to get hold of this Dual SIM mobile.

In fact I did some google check and found that Cool Pad 728 a chinese one is available which is also a PDA. Samsung has also launched one Dual SIM mobile. My local vendor says he can supply a chinese Dual SIM mobile for just 6500 but without any warranty/guarantee. Another one who advertised in The HIndu Daily quoted a price of 15k for a Korean manufactured set. I think Spice Mobile set is good one for the price with guarantee.

My CDMA connection is with reliance and will be provide a SIM to change over to the new mobile set?

Cheers...

Annan

-Yes there auth. dist and dealer in couth go to spicemobile.in and see it

- Chinese sets are not good enough spice has mantained quality

-Samsung Duo does not support RIM

-Reliance will provide RUIM(SIM)

hi friend

handset transfer card and RUIM is different.

i suppose u have to get a RUIM and put it in the sim slot.. it may work.. costing RS.300

RUIM is a sim card which can be used on cdma phone with sim slots..

if its spice D-88 it ll work..

All the best

Dear captain,

my phone D88 has slot i have purchased RUIM blank card worthRs. 300 and hand set transfer card. I dialled *229 + 9digit PIN no. from old HS and *228+9 digit PIN from new HS. but still new phone not activated. The phone says ur phone cannot be activated. contact customer care. Of course CC *333 and 33333333 cant be cotacted. it is engaged due to millions complaints being recieved ot put off :GirandoOjos: