Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
vindpk

Rconnect Software For Windows Vista

I have recently bought a new laptop (HCL make) with Windows Vista OS. I have nokia 6235 handset with reliance connection. I am not able to find RCONNECT SOFTWARE to run the net even on Reliance site. I m not able to connect to net. Can anybody help me and please send me rconnect software for Windows Vista. I wil really be thankful.

For all solutions to any problems with your RCL connections, email to corporatecentre.customercare@relianceada.com and you will receive a satisfactory reply within 48 to 72 hours.

easiest way to use rconnect through cell phone on vista, is to connect it with bluetooth.

i tried my 6275 on new sony vaio with vista home basic a few days back.

it flawlessly connects to the bluetooth on laptop. its amazingly simple.

once you load the drivers, and connect phone to laptop using bluetooth, vista creates a com port and then use that port to connect to the internet.

use #777 and your phone no as username/password.

you dont need any kind of softwares or drivers, whatsoever !!

your'r through !!!

Edited by harsh

I have recently bought a new laptop (HCL make) with Windows Vista OS. I have nokia 6235 handset with reliance connection. I am not able to find RCONNECT SOFTWARE to run the net even on Reliance site. I m not able to connect to net. Can anybody help me and please send me rconnect software for Windows Vista. I wil really be thankful.

i puched new laptop of lenovo with window wist and i have lg lsi 110 cordless phone which is not sapotebal to window wista pl send me that data

Hi,

I have bluetooth bluesoliel s/w which is compatible with WinXP,2000,98,Me only. I have Vista installed in my laptop. Can any1 give me link to s/w compatible with Vista?

I have data cable also but not able to connect to it as Rel Rconnect s/w doesnt support Vista as of now as customer care guy told me.

Hi Akkul,

If you have the cd for your data cable drivers, try to follow these steps-

1) Boot up your machin and when everything settles down, put the CD of data cable in cd drive.

2) Insert the data cable (do not put the phone on the other end of the data cable)

3) Windows should find "new hardware" and look for the drivers. Install the same.

4) I assume you are using a Nokia phone and once the drivers for data cable are in place; you can connect the phone at the other end.

5) Let Windows identify the phone & if that happens, the drivers for Nokia Modem will be automatically installed.

6) Go to "New Connection WIzard", create a new connection (ph no should be #777), and I guess you will be able to use the same.

7) If you are successful in setting up the modem this way but connection drops after a few seconds, then you need to use a "AT" command that I have mentioned somewhere in this forum.

All the best !!

hey all that you can do

load Nokia pc suite

And the modem creates by itself automatically

And U create a dialer frm pc suite

User name passwd needs to be entered while that asks

that wll solve the issue

dont waste your tme with unnecessary softwares from Reliance

Ofcourse that is true reliance dialup wll not work on manual created ones

But luckily for Nokia this will do

Have a gr time

Byeee

hey all that you can do load Nokia pc suiteAnd the modem creates by itself automaticallyAnd U create a dialer frm pc suiteUser name passwd needs to be entered while that asksthat wll solve the issuedont waste your tme with unnecessary softwares from RelianceOfcourse that is true reliance dialup wll not work on manual created onesBut luckily for Nokia this will doHave a gr timeByeee
Thanks for help.I am using Nokia 6255, i searched on net for its Nokia PC suite but din get any. If any1 has link for 6255 Nokia PC suite, plz give me.
hey all that you can do load Nokia pc suiteAnd the modem creates by itself automaticallyAnd U create a dialer frm pc suiteUser name passwd needs to be entered while that asksthat wll solve the issuedont waste your tme with unnecessary softwares from RelianceOfcourse that is true reliance dialup wll not work on manual created onesBut luckily for Nokia this will doHave a gr timeByeee
Thanks for help.I am using Nokia 6255, i searched on net for its Nokia PC suite but din get any. If any1 has link for 6255 Nokia PC suite, plz give me.
I am using Vista, so require Nokia PC suite for 6255, compatible with Vista

Nokia PC Suite is not dependant on specific models. Go to www.nokia.com/pcsuite and download the software. Install it on your Vista laptop. Connect the data cable to your phone and then to laptop. PC suite will identify your phone as Nokia 6255 (but you will not be able to connect it via "One touch Internet" utility of PC Suite). Wait, till PC Suite discovers USB Drive...modem etc in your phone. When it settles down, go to "New Connection WIzard" (the phone is still connected via data cable to laptop). Make new connection as explained earlier. The plus point is, after installing PC Suite, you can use bluetooth dongle as well...hope it helps

Nokia PC Suite is not dependant on specific models. Go to www.nokia.com/pcsuite and download the software. Install it on your Vista laptop. Connect the data cable to your phone and then to laptop. PC suite will identify your phone as Nokia 6255 (but you will not be able to connect it via "One touch Internet" utility of PC Suite). Wait, till PC Suite discovers USB Drive...modem etc in your phone. When it settles down, go to "New Connection WIzard" (the phone is still connected via data cable to laptop). Make new connection as explained earlier. The plus point is, after installing PC Suite, you can use bluetooth dongle as well...hope it helps

I followed all steps for installing Nokia PC suite on my Vista laptop. I tried several times but it hangs in b/w and din even allow to cancel. When I cancel nothing happens and had to kill installation from Task Manager. Then was finally able to install after some research gave write, modify permission. But it dint install cable driver so after connecting mobile and pc thru data cable it asked for driver software cd which I don have. I thought thats some problem with installation.

So today I tried on XP and 2000 m/c, it din ask for driver s/w. After installing PC suite it automatically installed driver s/w for nokia 6255. My mobile prompt "USB data cable transfer mode". I accepted, but it gave error mobile is in data transfer mode and cannot connect to network. I quit data transfer mode from mobile. PC it shows Nokia 6255 USB connected.

While trying to connect to internet through Get Connected, it shows no modem found.

In phones and modem option it shows Nokia modem but while connecting it does not identify.

Is there any setting in mobile which I need to do for activating modem or this model has inbuilt modem? I am using CA-53 data cable which is compatible with 6255 nokia model.

Please help me in this matter.

I have recently taken a Nokia 6265. Previously I was using LG 2030 through which I was able to connect to the internet through the mobile on my PC. I want the same on Nokia 6265. I have loaded Nokia PC suite and it has also taken the Modem and is configured to com port#16.

But I dont have the Rconnect software fore Nokia 6265 so that I may load it and connect to the internet.

Can you please provide me the Rconnect software for Nokia 6265 or the place where I can find it, so that I may load it on my PC and be connected online.

I have the Datacable for Nokia 6265 and also the bluetooth dongle to connect it to my PC

Any help will be appreciated

You can contact me at vas@sriniwaves.com

Regards,

M. Srinivas

New Delhi

Hi akkul,

"In phones and modem option it shows Nokia modem but while connecting it does not identify." Try making a new connection by "New Connection Wizard". Put #777 as the no to be dialled. You do not need to do any settings in the phone.

Hi Srini.

You also make a new connection as above and get going. R Connect sowftare is not reqd..

and for both of you...pl confirm with *333 that R Connect is activated on your MDN (cellphone number)

Here is how we installed RConnect on Windows Vista using LG 5340. I think the steps should work out for all other phones also.

1. Connect the USB data cable (without the phone in the other end). Vista detects and loads a proper driver for the USB to serial converter.

2. Set the modem mode of the mobile on by doing something like this:

Go to mobile Menu ==> Setting ==> Phone ==> Data Settings ==> Data Baud ==> 115,200 and Data In ==> On

3. Connect the phone to the other end of the data cable

4. If Vista recognizes a 'new hardware', then it would ask for a driver. Insert the RConnect CD and point to Win2000 version of the COM port driver of the Phone (e.g. 5340COM).

5. If Vista does not recognize the phone, then

5.1 From the Start menu, go to Computer (My Computer), right click, and go to properties.

5.2 Then go to device manager

5.3 Right Click on the root node, i.e. the PC, and do 'Add Legacy Hardware'.

5.4 'Welcome to the Add Hardware Wizard' will appear. Click on Next

5.5 Select 'Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced)' and press next

5.6 Select 'Modems' and press next.

5.7 Check 'Dont detect my modem, I will select it from a list' and click next

5.8 Click on 'Have a disk', insert the RConnect CD and point to the Win2000 version of the COM port driver of the Phone (e.g. 5340COM)

6. Once it is done, restart the PC (The PC may hang otherwise)

7. Once the PC starts again, From start menu, go to 'Start - Control Panel - Network and internet - Set up a Network - Choose a dial up connection'

8. Choose the newly installed modem (e.g. LG USB). Then the dial up wizard will appear. Enter the following information:

Dial up phone number: #777

Username: (Your phone number without leading zero)

Password: (Your phone number without leading zero)

With these steps, we got our RConnect on Vista working!

Here is how we installed RConnect on Windows Vista using LG 5340. I think the steps should work out for all other phones also.

1. Connect the USB data cable (without the phone in the other end). Vista detects and loads a proper driver for the USB to serial converter.

2. Set the modem mode of the mobile on by doing something like this:

Go to mobile Menu ==> Setting ==> Phone ==> Data Settings ==> Data Baud ==> 115,200 and Data In ==> On

3. Connect the phone to the other end of the data cable

4. If Vista recognizes a 'new hardware', then it would ask for a driver. Insert the RConnect CD and point to Win2000 version of the COM port driver of the Phone (e.g. 5340COM).

5. If Vista does not recognize the phone, then

5.1 From the Start menu, go to Computer (My Computer), right click, and go to properties.

5.2 Then go to device manager

5.3 Right Click on the root node, i.e. the PC, and do 'Add Legacy Hardware'.

5.4 'Welcome to the Add Hardware Wizard' will appear. Click on Next

5.5 Select 'Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced)' and press next

5.6 Select 'Modems' and press next.

5.7 Check 'Dont detect my modem, I will select it from a list' and click next

5.8 Click on 'Have a disk', insert the RConnect CD and point to the Win2000 version of the COM port driver of the Phone (e.g. 5340COM)

6. Once it is done, restart the PC (The PC may hang otherwise)

7. Once the PC starts again, From start menu, go to 'Start - Control Panel - Network and internet - Set up a Network - Choose a dial up connection'

8. Choose the newly installed modem (e.g. LG USB). Then the dial up wizard will appear. Enter the following information:

Dial up phone number: #777

Username: (Your phone number without leading zero)

Password: (Your phone number without leading zero)

With these steps, we got our RConnect on Vista working!

IT DID'NT WORK FOR LG RD 2030 ON VISTA, MY LAPTOP HANGS EVERY TIME I DIAL MY CONNECTION :(