Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
coolrajiv

Dot Rings Mobile Number Portability

Yeah.... BSNL is a Government Owned company. Regular practice of government offices followed by BSNL to help private operators.

Yes your are right, I am completely agree with you! +1 from me smile.gif

Thanks Abhishek Bahi....

We need to get rid out of these government owned companies. Also I'm egerly waiting for MNP to retain my Reliance CDMA number

We need to get rid out of these government owned companies. Also I'm egerly waiting for MNP to retain my Reliance CDMA number

then plz go through this topic

then plz go through this topic

http://www.rimweb.in..._0entry167394

I'll choose an operator those who have good network coverage in our area. I think Tata Indicom have been installed their cell site in our area. I'm not sure about MTS. MTS plans are good. Anyway waiting for the government's decision.

In INDIA why cant Govt keep dates on schedule.

3G - delayed and now MNP

In INDIA why cant Govt keep dates on schedule.

3G - delayed and now MNP

Thanks to Government Policies & FIPB They woke up after DOT awarded licenses to MNP operators :rofl_200::Contento:

maybe when April comes there will be another government agency taking the initiative of hurdle forward :Riendo:

Please change the topic title to "DOT doesnt rings Number Portability"

Each time a new reply added to this post, I eagerly come here to see another late reason... :NOTriste: :NOTriste:

• Like 1

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Excellent Idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by vvinayakpai

^^^ I back Kanaga Deepan

BTW, while we are waiting, we can have a time-pass by exchanging the views among members which network we are going to grab leaving which parent network and why?

Let it be clear, why we all are so eager for this ensuing change.

But I think these(3G & MNP) is not going to make any difference in INDIA :P

BTW, while we are waiting, we can have a time-pass by exchanging the views among members which network we are going to grab leaving which parent network and why?

Let it be clear, why we all are so eager for this ensuing change.

well said

I am on RCDMA but I can not use these old age CDMA phones anymore, so my plan was to leave RCDMA (In fact CDMA) on 1st Jan.

but heard that MNP will be delayed by 3 months.

Well I planning to shift to Idea postpaid (I am on postpaid) which is offering good post paid plans.

But I am worried about the network ?

Is it worth to go on Idea or I should choose RGSM (in april hopefully)?

Please suggest

MNP in metros should kick in by April is my guess. Lets see.

But whenever that happens lots of strategies of all telcos might fall flat. It would be an interesting time to watch out for.

Now as per DOT MNP will be implemented across the Nation March 31, 2010 .The government has now decided to implement it in whole of the country in one go, by 31st March 2010

Here is the link ...

hurray now all will be benefited at the same time .... :clap:

MNP

This is not the deadline for MNP instead its a new deadline for the newest deadline to be setup on March 31, 2010...

Its shameful for India!

:previous: :previous:

It's shameful for Govt :mad44: ..every time Date pe Date pe Date ... :ranting: don't know how long it will take for actual implementation

no freedom of chnaging operator,

only freedom of changing deadline

Read the DoT press release. It says MNP could not take off as `some operators have still not upgraded and provided connectivity'. Obviously, somebody who feels its interests will be harmed by MNP have not met the deadline and it will be anybody's guess that the defaulters could be major mobile operators. Now the government should announce names of those operators who did not catch up. Let people know who are the culprit.

I doubt if these operators would meet the March 31 deadline as well. Needs public pressure and generating mass opinion to get MNP going. Otherwise, big operators would never like anything of this kind to happen.

^^

Its BSNL and MTNL.

It was mentioned several times b4 too that these operators want to extend deadline.

Its BSNL and MTNL.

It was mentioned several times b4 too that these operators want to extend deadline.

BSNL & MTNL is just arrow... You all know who were the archers :winko: right...

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/2010/01/14/stories/2010011450730400.htm

The Foreign Investment Promotion Board has asked the Department of Telecom to address the issues raised by the Ministry of Home Affairs regarding ownership of MNP Interconnection Telecom, one of the companies which had been given the licence for setting up mobile number portability system in the country.

MNP Interconnection is 74 per cent owned by US-based Telcordia Technologies and 26 per cent is held by Deepak Talwar Consultants.

The Home Ministry had raised concerns that Deepak Talwar Consultants did not have any expertise in the telecom sector and therefore the US company will have complete control over the management of MNP Interconnection.

The Home Ministry had also referred to Telcordia's operations in Pakistan, which could be a security issue and therefore wanted the permission given to MNP Interconnection revoked.

The FIPB has now directed the DoT to consider the apprehensions of the Ministry from a technical point of view and advise the Board accordingly. The FIPB may also give the company an opportunity to present its case before taking a decision on the issue.

Mobile number portability was supposed to be implemented from January 1 but it has been deferred till April 1 after the operators said that they were not ready with the network. Mobile number portability allows mobile users to change their operator without having to change their phone number.

Apart from Telcordia-backed MNP Interconnection, DoT had granted licence to Syniverse to act as the number portability service provider in the country. The objections from the Home Ministry could result in further delays especially if the FIPB revokes its approval.

If that happens DoT will have to invite fresh bids for appointing a new mobile number portability service provider or Telcordia may have to re-apply with a fresh Indian partner.

Market analysts, however, pointed out that this was not the first time a foreign player has partnered a non-telecom Indian player.

In the case of Unitech Wireless, Norway-based Telenor partnered with real estate giant Unitech to start mobile services. Telenor also has operations in Pakistan.

But Government officials said that the Home Ministry is extra cautious on number portability service provider because the company will have all the data related to mobile calls which could be exploited.

trust these stupids on security..america sells defense equipment to pak and also to india..will they refrain from buying..these r oretexts on behalf of some vested interest..

Edited by ravi_patent

:Contento: :Contento: :rofl_200: :rofl_200:

Like I have been saying all the time, MNP and 3G will never come to India... All are gangsters...

i also agree with you

some companies dont want MNP to be implemented coz they will lost customers once it gets going.

They better announce MNP won't come to India, then many waiting customers can atleast change number + service provider instead of keep waiting and using the service half-heartedly...