Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
coolrajiv

Dot Rings Mobile Number Portability

IF BSNL is ready to implement on 31st march

then i will delay process,

and make sure that some operator or DOT or TRAI will make help to miss deadline.

I am not waiting for 31st march for MNP to come

i am waiting for day-when i can change operator.

my thinking is now in correct direction

Copy the permalink below to store the direct address to this post in your clipboard

Mobile number portability may come with 7-day wait

NEW DELHI: It may take seven working days for customers to change their cellular operator when mobile number portability (MNP) is implemented

across the country from April 1. The seven-day time frame was part of the solution that the communication ministry and telecom companies have worked out jointly in a meeting last week to address concerns of the country’s security agencies which had raised severe objections to the implementation of MNP.

As per current regulations, it is mandatory for telcos to ensure that the entire portability process is complete within four days if a customer requests for a change of operator. The Department of Telecom (DoT) will now ask Trai to change existing regulations to allow a seven-day time frame.

India’s security agencies had demanded that MNP be put on hold until a foolproof plan was put in place to ensure that phone numbers that were under surveillance could be monitored even if such customers were to avail the facility to change one’s operator, while retaining his number. Following this, DoT held a meeting with telcos on the issue where it was decided that service providers would port those numbers that were being monitored or under surveillance only after it was approved by Law Enforcement Agencies (LEAs). The solution also involves the LEA informing the new operator to which the customer is moving so that the surveillance and monitoring mechanism is transferred seamlessly between the two telcos. The LEAs will sanction the porting process only after it has ensured that this mechanism is in place, according to the minutes between DoT and telcos, a copy of which is available with ET.

“An unanimous view emerged that around three days extra time (will be required), taking the total time for porting to seven working days. In view of this, after finalisation of the process, Trai will be required to amend the regulation to extend the period for porting of mobile number from the present four days to seven working days,” the minutes of meet added.

But market watchers and smaller operators fear that seven-day time frame will derail customer interest in MNP.

At the same time, MNP implementation may also miss its April 1 deadline after the home ministry recommended that the licence given to MNP Interconnection Telecom Solutions (MITS), one of the two companies chosen to implement MNP facility in India be revoked on the grounds that the company has operations in Pakistan. The home ministry has also said that the minority shareholder in the company, Deepak Talwar Consultants, has no experience in running telecom operations and is, therefore, just a front for the US firm.

^^^

7 days are too long time,

Does this mean, for 7 days the number would be 'off' for the world??

they finding ways so that MNP does not take place or there is very limited subscriber who opt for. i dont think service should be interrupted ofr 7 days, when user opts for portability. but its iNdia, anything and everything is possible. so keep fingers crossed.

:previous:

First wait for 7 years for MNP... Then wait 7 days for Number Porting :rofl_200:

Better they DO NOT BRING MNP, if 7 days of offline mode :Equivocado: is a must...

After 7 days.. :mad44:

please check the number you have dialed.. :wacko:

the customer you called is not reachable.. :detective:

the mobile phone is switched off.. :sleep3:

Better still you'll hear "Phone number does not exist"!   :death:

Well, I have actually heard this recorded message when I'v called a friend of mine in Bombay who is on Vodaphone!   Goes without saying that the number and friend were are are very much in existence.   :rolleyes:  Just that inbetween they temporarily go outta existance....

But this is a nice trick. If they keep the phone off for 7 days, I guess most people will just not opt for it. So they will allow MNP... but will sabotage it enough reduce its bite.

i get plz check the number when calling to rgsm , 2nd time it get connected !

guys i dont think the phone would remain switched off for 7 days...... lets wait & watch update on it.

Hi guys, I am from UK. Number portability is available here. Here it also takes 4 to 7 day to change operator. It is a bit long process. You need to take PAC ( port authorisation code) from the operator you are leaving. Then you provide that code to your new operator. PAC is generated instantly. Service is not interrupted. Phone goes off only for 10 to 15 mins and the number is ported. But in the mean time u have to use your new number.

^^^ New number???????? :confuse:

or did you mean 'old operator'???

BSNL gets security clearance for procuring MNP gateway

NEW DELHI: State-run BSNL has received the security clearance for importing equipment needed to upgrade its network for mobile number

portability, which will allow users to retain their numbers when changing from one operator to another.

According to sources, BSNL received the security clearance from the Intelligence Bureau early this month.

BSNL CMD Kuldeep Goyal confirmed and said that the company had received security clearance for MNP gateway in February.

BSNL had applied for security clearance to the Department of Telecom in December, last year.

However, the Intelligence Bureau had asked for additional information on the manufacturer along with some additional parameters about the equipment.

The clearance means the state-run telco can now place the purchase order for procuring equipment.

BSNL had sought the intervention of DoT to expedite the security clearance process to import the equipment so it can meet the deadline.

All mobile service providers in the country have been asked to ready their networks for implementing MNP by March 31 this year.

However, even though BSNL has received security clearance it (BSNL) feels it may not be able to stick to the deadline of March 31.

Goyal has said "We have issued the advanced purchase order but supply of equipment, installation and testing would take time till mid-May... March 31 deadline looks difficult as far as we are concerned."

^^^

Hoping for MNP applied soon in india...

also as per vikram number will be online while MNP process. same should be in india, but cant say about indian telcos... :angry:

Mobile number portability from 1st week of May in Chennai and Bangalore

Mobile number portability (MNP) will be started from 1st week of May, 2010 in Chennai and Bangalore cities. mobile number portability allows mobile users to start using services of other operators with out need of changing mobile no. With this MNP, customers will be able to take benefit of competitive services of different mobile operators by using the same mobile no.

Announcing the mobile number portability launch, “While number portability was proposed to be achieved by March, there are certain issues relating to getting security clearances, which will be sorted out soon, and we will introduce portability by May first week,” said Mr Raja, IT Minister.

Mobile number portability will further decrease the mobile charges customers pay per month. Mobile operators which have tricky schemes where they offer one service at discount and charge heavily for other services will loose heavily in Mobile number portability since customer can easily shift to other operators. Mobile number portability essentially minimizes barriers to shift from one operator to another.

Mobile number portability has been delayed several times in India. Mobile operators are also need to prepare their infra structure to provide Mobile number portability services to their customers. Under MNP, customers will have to pay one time subscription charge for new operator. Also if users are not satisfied, they can shift back to previous mobile operator.

^^^ another date....

The Government might have a scarcity of resources required for the success implementation of MNP, but definitely the Government does not have any scarcity of dates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tarik pe tarik , tarik pe tarik . . . kya ye court hai ?

(english:- date on date , date on date....is it a indian court? )

hoping atlest this time every one will follow this date !

No, they won't bring MNP on this date too... :NOTriste:

tarik pe tarik , tarik pe tarik . . . kya ye court hai ?

(english:- date on date , date on date....is it a indian court? )

hoping atlest this time every one will follow this date !

i agree with u friend, in India, we the common people always get tarik pe tarik, but no justice...

Shame on TRAI, DOT & all telco operators.....

No, they won't bring MNP on this date too... :NOTriste:

B+ve

Edited by hitesh123

Now they say on news that one of the MNP implementing firms have some pakistani connection so another controversy..

Did i hear it right ?

Ya... Thats why I am too pessimistic in hopes for MNP... :(

After the security clearance DRAMA of BSNL will be over, this NEW DRAMA will come to stage... :Equivocado:

I am ready to watch any drama,

Because, i got habituated with current drama of "TARIK PE TARIK" :winko:

yaar these neta doesn't know anything

i remember scene of one movie when a neta says ki "AGAR PANI ME SE BIJALI NIKAL LENGE TO KISAN KE LIYE PANI ME BACHEGA KYA" and he he makes a lots of hungama :)

so they know only one thing that how to make us pappu("BECAUSE THESE NETA ARE TOO SMART IN MAKING US FOOL").