Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
coolrajiv

Dot Rings Mobile Number Portability

It's final. No speculation or pessimism any more. And it is not Karnataka, but it is Haryana from where MNP will be launched and from 1st November itself.

Union telecom Minister A. Raja has announced this. The news reads as follows:

NEW DELHI, INDIA: Amidst the speculation that the mobile number portability (MNP) may miss yet another deadline, Union Telecommunications Minister A. Raja today said that the facility will be partially launched from November.

While speaking to the media on the sidelines of an event organised by BSNL here today, Raja said the MNP will begin partially from November 1 from Haryana.

He also said that in the first phase, MNP will be launched in 11 circles and the implementation will begin from the second or third week of November. An official announcement about this will be made on November 1.

Though the DoT and TRAI had claimed that the much-delayed MNP will not be delayed further, and meet the October 31 deadline, operators were not sure whether the deadline could be met.

MNP will allow users to retain their mobile telephone numbers even if they switch their operators.

It has already been delayed four times. Initially, MNP was to be implemented by December 31, 2009 in all the metros along with the states of Maharashtra, Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu.

The deadline was then changed to March 31, 2010 and then to June 30, 2010. The June 30 deadline was again deferred as operators were not ready with the infrastructure to provide the service.

Source: Cybermedia news

Start sharpening weapons I mean search for handsets of choice. Good news, this year.

So geting ready to say Bye Bye RCDMA.

Waiting for MNP for Punjab.

Interpreting Mr. Raja's announcements

"He also said that in the first phase, MNP will be launched in 11 circles and the implementation will begin from the second or third week of November. An official announcement about this will be made on November 1."

So when the official annoucement is only to be made no chance of it being launched on November 1. Implementation will be from 2nd or 3rd Week of November. Does not matter as now they are committing officially to launch it without any further excuses!!

For people interested in knowing which 11 circles will get it first, here are the details of the licencees as originally awarded.

Syniverse ZONE-1 comprising Delhi, Mumbai, Maharashtra Gujarat, Haryana, Punjab, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh (E), Uttar Pradesh (W), Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir

Telcordia ZONE-2 Kolkata, Tamil Nadu including Chennai, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, West Bengal, Assam, Bihar, North East, Orissa

Now Telcordia's license is already revoked and DOT is going to ask Syniverse to manage for both zones but at the moment Syniverse will need time to put infrastructure in place for Zone 2.

So areas mentioned in ZONE-1 are getting it first

MNP is postponed so many time now that, I will believe it when it is actually operational. Before that one never know they will come out with an excuse at last moment and postpone it again.

As said by communication minister the implementation actually starts partially on Nov. 1 in Harayana.

As detailed in the schedule of the telecomtalk for Karnataka, the implementation in any circle is not on a single day but in phased manner operator-wise.

Hence complete MNP in Haryana may take 10 days to complete but it acutally starts on Nov. 1.

In that sense Karnataka schedule given by Telecomtalk may also be correct for that state.

But Karnataka is zone 2 so it should be implemented after zone1 (as said by Mr Raja today) anyways no need to speculate as picture will get clear on 1st November. We have waited too long so 20-25 more days does not matters.

Good News hope it gets implemented this time.

@Kesav: As per Rajan's post #455, Karnataka's schedule is distant possibility, so is ours (West Bengal). Let us see...

As said by communication minister the implementation actually starts partially on Nov. 1 in Harayana.

As detailed in the schedule of the telecomtalk for Karnataka, the implementation in any circle is not on a single day but in phased manner operator-wise.

Hence complete MNP in Haryana may take 10 days to complete but it acutally starts on Nov. 1.

In that sense Karnataka schedule given by Telecomtalk may also be correct for that state.

I don't think that the date given by TelecomTalk reg Karnataka circle is correct.. Because Karnataka comes under zone2 and with Telecordia problem not sorted out still, MNP unlikely to reach zone2 circles in November imho..

I still have my doubts reg MNP implementation in this year atleast for zone2 circles...

So geting ready to say Bye Bye RCDMA.

Waiting for MNP for Punjab.

MNP will bring the second cellular revolution in the country after 'Kar Lo Duniya Mutthi Mein'. Operators will come out with plethora of new tariffs/offers/discounts/freebies to hold back subscribers like Sourav. So, it will be 'Rakkho Duniya Aapne Paas'. We will be benefited. :Sorprendido:

Now Telcordia's license is already revoked and DOT is going to ask Syniverse to manage for both zones but at the moment Syniverse will need time to put infrastructure in place for Zone 2

Not true. Till date, Telcordia license(MNP Interconnection) is yet to be revoked by DoT.

Only clearance given by FIPB has been revoked.

Thank god, I am coming in synverse zone, will be getting MNP in first phase, and getting rid of worst service of RCDMA right from first day.

feeling like good time coming closer

Saw on the box that Haryana starts on the 1st of November, i.e. from Monday. Let us see. What will be critical is the speed and reliability of the 'look up'. Also, the modus operandi will some time to sort itself out. I am sure that while asking for minimum paper work for incoming numbers, the operators will do their best (or should it be worst!) to block those migrating out. Expect BSNL/MTNL to be the worst in either direction.

Source TOI, Mumbai edition, dtd 27/10/2010

Cell no. portability to roll out in Nov

New Delhi: Telecom minister A Raja on Tuesday said mobile number portability (MNP), which allows subscribers to retain their cell numbers even after changing service operators, will be launched in Haryana on November 1. The service is expected to be rolled out in the rest of the country in phases.

According to Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI) and Association of Unified Service Providers of India (AUSPI), it will take an average of 15 days for a consumer to change his operator and a minimum of 50 days before the same number can be ported.

In March 2006, Trai had recommended that the MNP be implemented by April 1, 2007. In December 2009, the government set a deadline of March 31, 2010, for its implementation, which was further extended to June 30 and again to October 31. Consumer organizations have alleged that links between government and big businesses have subverted consumer interests by delaying the MNP. The delays were mostly on account of a backlog of pending decisions and investments that several operators would have to make. In the end, BSNL also dragged its feet.

The implementation of the MNP will protect consumer interests by reducing prices and improving the quality of service

Look out how our not too far distant neighbour(Thailand) is treating deadline as deadline for implementing MNP.

Thai Operators Appeal Against MNP Fines

­Three of Thailand's mobile networks are to appeal against fines for missing the deadline to launch Mobile Number Portability (MNP), citing their readiness to launch the service shortly. The networks - Advanced Info Service (AIS), TrueMove and TOT - all lodged their appeals yesterday, deputy secretary-general of the regulator, Prasert Apipunya confirmed.

The operators are currently being fined Bt166,667 (US$5,500) per day for missing the already delayed August deadline. The fines could double next week and rise further next month if the service is not launched. The networks have previously said that they cannot launch MNP until mid-December at the earliest.

If the launch is delayed until mid-December, then the theoretical fine could reach around US$1 million per network operator.

The other two operators, CAT Telecom and Total Access Communication (DTAC), are expected to submit appeals as well.

Only last month, Telcordia announced that it has been selected by a consortium of the five mobile operators in Thailand, to provide both mobile number portability services and a number lookup service. The five companies have set up a joint venture company - Clearing House for Number Portability - to manage the MNP services.

source :: http://www.cellular-news.com/story/45863.php

in India, cos decide what to implement and not the govt..

50 days.

:rofl_200: :rofl_200: :rofl_200: :rofl_200: :rofl_200: :rofl_200: :rofl_200: :rofl_200:

I heard that it will takes only few hours

One machi telling that cdma can mnp to cdma but not to gsm.Similarly gsm mnp to gsm but not at all cdma to gsm or gsm to cdma.Yeh sach hai or jute?

One machi telling that cdma can mnp to cdma but not to gsm.Similarly gsm mnp to gsm but not at all cdma to gsm or gsm to cdma.Yeh sach hai or jute?

Its across the board ie

GSM to GSM

GSM to CDMA

CDMA to GSM

CDMA to CDMA

Thank god, I am coming in synverse zone, will be getting MNP in first phase, and getting rid of worst service of RCDMA right from first day.

Why you so desperate?? Did they rip you off :winko:

Kartik bhai,

I should now tell you the whole chapter

I am using RCDMA since 2005 as prepaid. In april 2009 I became a postpaid user, everything was fine till I shifted my residence to vaishali (Ghaziabad) in feb 2010.

I am not getting proper signal at my home, cannot make a full call without dropping.

also I cant find a single signal in my underground parking.

I lodged complaints in every possible manner (*222, webworld, mail to service assurance cell and nodal officer), but all in vain.

On *222, they keep saying that there is no problem from our side. nodal officer didnt bother to reply my mail and Service assurance cell sent me same mail in all 3 replies (posted below)

"Dear Mr. Chaudhary, With reference to your e-mail regarding network issue on your Reliance Mobile number 9310634XXX, please note that your complaint is registered vide Service Request ID 122511344. We have escalated the same to the concerned department and will respond to you shortly. We understand the inconvenience caused to you and take this as a feedback to improve our services to meet your expectations. Yours sincerely, Moumita Chandra Service Assurance Cell Reliance Communications"

and now since 1 week, it has become very common when I call my friends or they call me "This route is busy"

bhai now I cant bear any more, bhaaad me jaye cheap tarrif.

I was using vodafone for some time in delhi circle and find it awesome and full signal even in underground.

bye bye reliance

Many people are desperate because of the treatment they are receiving from their parent operator. It's not the case of "The other side of the road is greener".

One point is clear, after the MNP, the on-net call packs will not be there, as it will be very much difficult for a caller to track which subscriber is with which operator.

Many people are desperate because of the treatment they are receiving from their parent operator. It's not the case of "The other side of the road is greener".

One point is clear, after the MNP, the on-net call packs will not be there, as it will be very much difficult for a caller to track which subscriber is with which operator.

but atleast we can compare the service provided by different service provider.