Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
guru_cool

Modem Driver For Lg Rd3000

Can anyone provide modem drivers for LG RD3000? I purchased it today only and dying to connect my laptop to internet using it... thanx in advance....

Can anyone provide modem drivers for LG RD3000? I purchased it today only and dying to connect my laptop to internet using it... thanx in advance....

RD3000 does not support R-Connect

Hi,

I'm surprise.

I asked customer care about the data cable which can be fitted at the socket provided at the bottome of my handset and he told me that no cable is available.

Do you have the cable atleast?

If yes then please tell me where to obtain it from and how much is the cost?

If no then how are you connecting it to your PC?

Thanks

Try with LG ASC in your area. It might be available for PC Sync atleast. Because if it was not, then what is the socket for?

Dear Friend

Please examine the phone data port carefully . If LG 5340 cable fits in it

you can use internet

Hi,

I'm surprise.

I asked customer care about the data cable which can be fitted at the socket provided at the bottome of my handset and he told me that no cable is available.

Thanks

well i used the KQ U8A cable which i had purchased earlier for reliance FWP R350 and PCsync software which is avaialable for my phone at http://www.lgmobiles.com/index_cdma.html or direct dl link http://www.lgmobiles.com/PCsync/RD3000_Sync_20070319.zip

i purchased the cable from a mobile accessory shop in nagpur for around 150 rupees...

but i'm very sad to know that my mobile doesn't support net connect....

Edited by guru_cool

Dear Friend

Please examine the phone data port carefully . If LG 5340 cable fits in it

you can use internet

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

r connect can be used?

have you tried it youreself ? as no brochure ever stated that it was r connect compatible.

do let us all know about it. :Sorprendido:

Hi,

Good news. I got the PC sync from the reliance web site iteself :Contento:

The cables are available at the LG service stations. I've attached the list for Karnataka.

The bad thing about this cable is that the original one with driver CD costs INR 1227/- :Equivocado:

Isnt' that funny? I bought the handset itself for 1500 :NOTriste:

People who are looking for internet connectivity shouldn't buy this handset.

Cheers :Contento:

LG_ASC_in_Karnataka.xls

Hi,

I'm surprise.

Thanks

well i used the KQ U8A cable which i had purchased earlier for reliance FWP R350 and PCsync software which is avaialable for my phone at http://www.lgmobiles.com/index_cdma.html or direct dl link http://www.lgmobiles.com/PCsync/RD3000_Sync_20070319.zip

i purchased the cable from a mobile accessory shop in nagpur for around 150 rupees...

but i'm very sad to know that my mobile doesn't support net connect....

I got the usb data cable and software but somehow the software does not connect to a USB port. the option to connect to USB is not enaled in the software.

Any way around this. I don't want to feed in the phone numbers

My dear Friend

I will like to emphasise that every LG set has a modem

and it is Data Compatible. I used my LG 2530 for internet

with 5340 data cable and software. The company although

denies it

My dear Friend

I will like to emphasise that every LG set has a modem

and it is Data Compatible. I used my LG 2530 for internet

with 5340 data cable and software. The company although

denies it

ur emphasis, my friend, is unfortunately not true over here... i tried to connect rd3000 with the same data cable and settings i use to connect my rd6500 for internet connection on my laptop... but they didn't work for rd3000, it simply said that there has been a hardware failure in modem... by the way i use the same cable to sync my rd3000 with my laptop...

may be some real ingenious R&D will bring on the net connect possible.

Edited by copperco2

As far as I Know, R Connect is not possible on this handset. If anyone succeeds in getting RConnect connected, please post here the methods. I am unable to even use PCSync as the data cable i have was bought from eBay for my 350R. I have both USB and also serial port cables for my 350R. Even the earlier 5340 was not connecting for RConnect or for PCSync also. As for my two 350Rs, only one connected to Bitpim while the other one stubbornly refused to connect. I gave up after wasting my time for almost two months. LG is totally unreliable in this matter or maybe you should buy the original data cables from them. But their ridiculous prices puts one off.

@rajeshkatiyar

I have also used LG Handsets for NetConnect but RD 2330,2430,2550,2670 etc... doesn't have more than 18kps speed(No Special Hardware Modem Circuitry Present).

Speed range: Generally in Night after 1.00 AM

80 to 98 kbps = RD2030,2130,2230,5340 etc.. All Nokia 2280,2112 (No USB Modem)

100 to 144 kbps = RD5130,6130,6230,6330 etc.. (USB Modem)

u can identify in the Phone Menu> Data setting>Data Baud option: If there is USB Modem option present then it supports Super High speed Internet of 144kbps.

if 115200 and 230400 are present then it supports High speed Internet of below 100kbps.

Use Only USB Cables with USB Modem Phones.

What is the maximum net speed supported by Reliance?

@rajeshkatiyar

I have also used LG Handsets for NetConnect but RD 2330,2430,2550,2670 etc... doesn't have more than 18kps speed(No Special Hardware Modem Circuitry Present).

Speed range: Generally in Night after 1.00 AM

80 to 98 kbps = RD2030,2130,2230,5340 etc.. All Nokia 2280,2112 (No USB Modem)

100 to 144 kbps = RD5130,6130,6230,6330 etc.. (USB Modem)

u can identify in the Phone Menu> Data setting>Data Baud option: If there is USB Modem option present then it supports Super High speed Internet of 144kbps.

if 115200 and 230400 are present then it supports High speed Internet of below 100kbps.

Use Only USB Cables with USB Modem Phones.