Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
coolraj79

Nokia 6275 Poor Battery Life

hi guys...nokia 6275 takes a long time to charge more than 3hrs...i read in orkut that u shld charge it with a travel charger ac-4 instead of ac-3 provided with the handset...it charges the phone fast in 80-90min...has any1 tried this out...battery life is hardly 1 day!!

Dear Friend

I think it is a major CDMA failure. GSM sets are increasing

Battery life upto 4 days but Reliance is reducing it inhours

In rural area Reliance Phones mostly remain

dead because of this problem. It is one of the reason of success

of Hutch and Aiirtel in Rural area

Battery life primarily depends on your use of mobile phone..

I dont charge my phone with the charger given to me with the phone.

I use my old Nokia 6235 charger with an adapter. It takes 90 min to charge, compared with the original charger.

Phone shows Full battery for 2 days, my use is normally limited.. On 4th day ending or 5th day starting, I have to recharge again ...

I though make full use of the Music player provided with this phone.. being a Music buff.. :P

^^^

We must use only the original charger which is provided with the handset to charge the battery in order to get the best results / performance from the battery. Using original chargers make the battery life longer by passing the appropriate current to the battery.

Regards.

If the Signal Reception is not good, if continuousli it show 2 bars or less then Battery is gonna flush early.

My own experience shows that the standby life is about 4-5 days before a recharge. However, when I just got the phone it was barely a day and a half, so obviously the story that the battery takes some time to 'come up' is probably true. I have had the phone for almost four weeks.

I see no straight reason as to why has Nokia reduced the charging capacity of the charger. Older phones were also using BL6C so I do not buy the story that the a higher charging rate will be harsh on the battery. Is it simply Nokia saving a few paise/cents/euros or whatever by providing a smaller capacity charger?

I am using my old Original Nokia 6235 Charger with Plug Cable. It fully charges in 60-90 minutes.

Dear Friend

I will forward your name for Limca book if you are using it

for 4 days .

I am using same battery on 2865 for 1.5 days only

^^^

We must use only the original charger which is provided with the handset to charge the battery in order to get the best results / performance from the battery. Using original chargers make the battery life longer by passing the appropriate current to the battery.

Regards.

Sir,

Original charger take 3-4 hours..

Reliance Electricity is not that cheap.. !

I think I should take the charger in office and charge there..rather than do it at home..

Dear Friend

for 4 days .

Please forward my name just in case rajeshkatiyar is unable to demonstrate again the 4 days standby time...becoz I have been able to squeeze out >72 hours (i.e. 3+ days) with 15-20 mins of talking per day :NOTriste:

...probably the network was very good that day...and since last 2-3 days, I am in a poor network location and it is hardly lasting 1.5 days.

Bottomline: It all depends on the network strength apart from usage and quality of battery or handset

Dear Friend

for 4 days .

Please forward my name just in case rajeshkatiyar is unable to demonstrate again the 4 days standby time...becoz I have been able to squeeze out >72 hours (i.e. 3+ days) with 15-20 mins of talking per day :Sorprendido:

...probably the network was very good that day...and since last 2-3 days, I am in a poor network location and it is hardly lasting 1.5 days.

Bottomline: It all depends on the network strength apart from usage and quality of battery or handset

My Dear friend

Iam living only700 meters from Tower and normally have full signals

Surprisingly My 4 year old Samsung SCH N191 battery is lasting 2

complete days with normal talks

Please note i mentioned if you can use . I did not

mention the stand by time. It is the use time .

Dear rajeshkatiyar,

I mentioned that with 15-20 mins of daily use i have got 3 days and 2.5 days was the avg i was getting. Now 15-20 mins per day is fair usage for an avg person (...I don't have a job profile which requires extensive calling neither do I have a girlfriend :Sorprendido: )

...until I shifted to some other location and now it hardly lasts 1.5 days.

Closeness to the tower is not the only criteria for getting good signal...have'nt you heard the saying "diya tale andhera hota hai"

Dear rajeshkatiyar,

I mentioned that with 15-20 mins of daily use i have got 3 days and 2.5 days was the avg i was getting. Now 15-20 mins per day is fair usage for an avg person (...I don't have a job profile which requires extensive calling neither do I have a girlfriend :confuse: )

Closeness to the tower is not the only criteria for getting good signal...have'nt you heard the saying "diya tale andhera hota hai"

My dear Friend

Reliance me kuch bhee ho sakta hai. Anyway my 2112 has a life of

2.5 days.I examined carefully BL5C of 2112 It is thinner and light compared to

BL 6C of 2865 so it should stay longer???

My conclusion

Chienese sets are disposable CDMA

LG is toying with CDMA

Nokia ie experimenting with CDMA

Dear, it is not the thickness or weight of the battery but rating in mAh that decides the capacity. BL-6C is 1100 mAh...don't know about BL-5C.

But if put in identical use, the one with higher mAh will last longer.

Dear rajeshkatiyar,

I mentioned that with 15-20 mins of daily use i have got 3 days and 2.5 days was the avg i was getting. Now 15-20 mins per day is fair usage for an avg person (...I don't have a job profile which requires extensive calling neither do I have a girlfriend :winko: )

My dear Friend

My conclusion

LG is toying with CDMA

World over even service providers are experimenting with CDMA. CDMA death is fixed once GSM introduces WCDMA and china starts deploying TD-SCDMA. Ofcourse battery life in GSM will be then as low as CDMA perhaps even lower.

Edited by kshah

Dear rajeshkatiyar,

I mentioned that with 15-20 mins of daily use i have got 3 days and 2.5 days was the avg i was getting. Now 15-20 mins per day is fair usage for an avg person (...I don't have a job profile which requires extensive calling neither do I have a girlfriend :winko: )

My dear Friend

My conclusion

LG is toying with CDMA

World over even service providers are experimenting with CDMA. CDMA death is fixed once GSM introduces WCDMA and china starts deploying TD-SCDMA. Ofcourse battery life in GSM will be then as low as CDMA perhaps even lower.

what are you saying kshah ?

Death of CDMA !! ??

and what is this WCDMA ? TD-SCDMA ?

please put more light on this.

I bought 6275 recently and i must say i have worst experience with battery, although my usage is high but i need to charge battery 2 -3 times a day and that's for hours and hours. Earlier i used several NOKIA CDMA sets and nver faced such problem.BTW my usage is approximately 7-8 hrs in a day. :-)

I would say dont charge your mobile with the charger provided with the handset, but use the normal charge which charges mobile fast and also give you good backup time.

I am not using the charger provided by the handset, but using the normal charger which charges my complete drained battery within 80-90mins flat.

abc123 which charger model are you using?

abc123 which charger model are you using?

I think abc123 is referring to the charger thay comes with Nokia 6235..

Use it with charger adapter.

The charger Ac-3E thats usually packaged with 6275i had only 350mA output as compared to ACP-12E or other charger which has output of 800mA or more.

This simply means that 350mA charger would charge the batter slower. In may be is disadvantage to some but there is a good side too..

Batteries thats are charged slowly have longer life and less memory effect. The charge out time will be more for each charge and discharge cycle.