Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
coolraj79

Microsd Adapter

hi guys pls tell me these days microSD cards come with an adapter...whts this adapter for? can we plug the adapter directly to usb port in the comp or do i need to buy a card reader to which u shld connect the adapter to? :)

wld it be cheaper to use a data cable...i hv nokia 6275 so pls advice...thanks....

Hi,

The adapter is the one which works with your card reader. You should plugin your SD card in the adapter and you have to plug in the adapter to the card reader. But, it depends on your card also.

I have Nokia 6265 CDMA - RIM. Previously I have used 1GB Sandisk Mini SD card which I have bought a datacable and directly connected my mobile with PC using the data cable. But, now, I am using 2GB Kingston MiniSD card for which, I cannot connect directly with the data cable. I have the adapter and card reader. So, I put the card in the adapter and then plug it in card reader and use it.

But, If you have a Laptop, you can directly plugin the adapter to the pc and use it. You dont require any card reader at all. It is better if you have a separate card reader with you.

:lol2:

thanks for the reply....hw come the laptop has a ready slot to connect to the adapter and not a desktop computer? where do i look in the laptop to see where is the slot to put the adapter in?

thanks for the reply....hw come the laptop has a ready slot to connect to the adapter and not a desktop computer? where do i look in the laptop to see where is the slot to put the adapter in?

Hi Raj,

some laptops comes with in-build card reader. So if you want buy a laptop, just ask the vendor about in-built card and also what types of cards it reads and writes. In laptops it is always in the right side.

I bought my 6275 from Delhi. I was in a hurry when I bought it. The vendor took the opportunity to befool me. He did not provide me the micro sd adapter which was bundled with the free 256MB card. I had to buy another card only because I wanted that adapter. :Equivocado:

hi guys pls tell me these days microSD cards come with an adapter...whts this adapter for? can we plug the adapter directly to usb port in the comp or do i need to buy a card reader to which u shld connect the adapter to? :NOTriste:

wld it be cheaper to use a data cable...i hv nokia 6275 so pls advice...thanks....

Now kingston MicroSD cards are avaliable with USB adaptor. You can Directly plug into USB.

Hi Raj,

some laptops comes with in-build card reader. So if you want buy a laptop, just ask the vendor about in-built card and also what types of cards it reads and writes. In laptops it is always in the right side.

I have a Compaq 3137 and it has card reader on left hand side.

Hi Raj,

I have a Compaq 3137 and it has card reader on left hand side.

Yes, the card reader may be located in the front panel also. I have seen in some high end HP desktop models, there are built-in card-reader.