Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
copperco2

Details On Sify Broadband?

hi guys...

i hope you are aware of the iway cafes mushroomes all over the country. this service is provided by sify. they also have home and corporate plans at http://broadband.sify.com/.

has anybody availed of their services, any feedback on the quality...

I also came across to hughesnet, which it seems is the only company to be very specific about the upload and download speeds for the plans it has..

http://go.gethughesnet.com/HUGHES/Rooms/Di...4C6C9B659%5D%5D at this place

Are you asking about the Corporate (Sify iway) or Home Broadband service ? Both are different services since corporate connections will have dedicated lines. For the Home broadband service, it will all depend upon your Local Cable Operator as Sify does not directly offer the service. If the LCO guys are not good, then you are going to have some real bad service. Just search in Google and you will find a lot of negative comments about Sify's broadband service. However, in my area (in Bangalore), the service is quite good just because the LCO does a good job. So you should be asking about Sify's feedback from those users in your area, as the performance is LCO dependant.

it clams that the broadband is thru wireless....for home use..

Edited by copperco2

Sify broadband is really Fcked up. go for that only if u like to have extra irritation in ur life. it'll work only for a few days, then will stop working for a long amt of time, n after ur validity expires, u don't carry forward the balance MB, so u have to pay full again. the service center guys are someones that make RIM guys look brilliant, and the complain mails get answered as if u have thanked Sify for providing wonderful service.

really, don't even think about it.

well it has lots of hidden costs. like there unlimited plans are not the unlimited. in unlimited plan there is a cap of 125mb data transfer per day. if you cross that your validity will be deducted by each 25 mb you download. so beware there are big robbers. and rob you without the guns. there services are overall pathetic. I was using their service and it was one of the worst service provided by the sify

Sify / Hathway Extend the Network via Peer to Peer Method Means Evey Home Termination Repeat and Extend the Connection Further. So If in Middle Part of Path the Exntender or repeater Fails due to Power failure or any Other Problem it gets Off line. Problem Resolvement is very very slow.

I would Rather Suggest to go for BSNL which is available in every corner of India or TATA, VSNL Reliance ot Bharti

Edited by hetaldp

Dont go for Sify buddy rather opt for Tata Indicom or Reliance or even BSNL depending upon the availability in your area.

Sify / Hathway Extend the Network via Peer to Peer Method Means Evey Home Termination Repeat and Extend the Connection Further. So If in Middle Part of Path the Exntender or repeater Fails due to Power failure or any Other Problem it gets Off line. Problem Resolvement is very very slow.I would Rather Suggest to go for BSNL which is available in every corner of India or TATA, VSNL Reliance ot Bharti
BSNL is not available in Mumbai and seeing the brilliant response about Sify..i have got thinking about reliance broadnet.The plans seem better than MTNL and in line with you tele.
well it has lots of hidden costs. like there unlimited plans are not the unlimited. in unlimited plan there is a cap of 125mb data transfer per day. if you cross that your validity will be deducted by each 25 mb you download. so beware there are big robbers. and rob you without the guns. there services are overall pathetic. I was using their service and it was one of the worst service provided by the sify
the unlimited plans have data cap during the day..yes. true.

the service center guys are someones that make RIM guys look brilliant

LOL ! :winko:

Copperco whats wrong with your Mtnl Service? Also Thanks for pm :winko:

MTNL is giving me much problems..regardring the speed, i have some things going on for which i cannot afford to have connection reset from time to time.., also page unable to display..etc.. even with all the lights glowing on the modem..its quite frustrating..

so i want a backup. I will either make broadnet a backup or make it default.

lets see how things work out..

Edited by copperco2