Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
copperco2

Broadband- Surf While You Make Your Move

couple of days back, read in TOI

(times of india), just next to an article from Sunil Bharti Mittal. arun sarin proudly telling about vodafone launching 'broadband on the go'.

too bad i sold the raddi, it would have made a great reading.

is t possible to get broadband speed while on the move?

I think it's not possible.otherwise all operators would not be clamourg for spectrum.everybody knows the speed of gprs.so i think till 3g is launched broad band on the go is not possible for any operator,not even for cdma operators'techies can throw more light on this issue.

Definately Possible and it is the Fact in Korea and Japan

Each Telecom Operator is Given 20 Mhz Slot for Wimax in 2.5, 3.5 and 5.5 Ghz Frequncy they can push upto 100 mbps in these Spectrum

But Actually That is Shared to User can get from 500 kbps to 10 mbps Speed in Shared Manner while he is Movng. If User have line of Sight that he can Definately Get more Bandwidth.

WiMax is Called as 4G Techonlogy

it uses CDMA, TDMA, OFDMA (Othogonolal Frequency Division Multiple Access) and MIMO (Multiple Input and Multiple Output Antenna).

Definately Possible and it is the Fact in Korea and Japan

Each Telecom Operator is Given 20 Mhz Slot for Wimax in 2.5, 3.5 and 5.5 Ghz Frequncy they can push upto 100 mbps in these Spectrum

But Actually That is Shared to User can get from 500 kbps to 10 mbps Speed in Shared Manner while he is Movng. If User have line of Sight that he can Definately Get more Bandwidth.

WiMax is Called as 4G Techonlogy

it uses CDMA, TDMA, OFDMA (Othogonolal Frequency Division Multiple Access) and MIMO (Multiple Input and Multiple Output Antenna).

Yes Hetal u r right buddy its available in Korea its called WiBro(thats 4G) mobile Wi-Max.. always connected even on the move

But is it possible here in india with the existing infrastructure?here even 3g is not launched,let alone 4g technology.can 2g support that kind of service?

But is it possible here in india with the existing infrastructure?here even 3g is not launched,let alone 4g technology.can 2g support that kind of service?

No 2G cant support this service i guess .. may be Hetal could throw more light on this

Hi Hetal!

could you please advise me as to go for a Reliance USB Modem or go for Airtel Broadband. Which one is better. Is the Rel USB Modem a broadband thing or not?

regards

In India Broadband is defines as 256 kbps, means proper implemetation of even EDGE could be sold as broadband

Hi Hetal!

could you please advise me as to go for a Reliance USB Modem or go for Airtel Broadband. Which one is better. Is the Rel USB Modem a broadband thing or not?

regards

it's better to go for the broadband because with the current infrastructure in india you will not get the proper speed over USB modems

^^^

Yes my dear friends, Airtel broadband could be the best choice as compared to these USB modems as per as the mobility is not concerned.

Regards.

^^^

Yes my dear friends, Airtel broadband could be the best choice as compared to these USB modems as per as the mobility is not concerned.

Regards.

@dear honest

the mobility is concerned in this thread too and in general too.

Of course Airtel broadband is concerned for fixed net, but one can rely on Airtel USB Data cards for surf on the move, as we aleady discussed this many times in other forums. Edge is just one step towards broadband as in india 256kbps and more qualifies as Broadband and properly implementation of Edge can give speed between 247 kbps (present) to 384 kbps (technically).

Hi Hetal!

regards

Airtel EDGE Data card, undoubtedly.

@honest

I am tired of telling this to each and everyone since I reappered on this forum, lolz :o

Airtel EDGE Data card, undoubtedly.

@honest

I am tired of telling this to each and everyone since I reappered on this forum, lolz

@C. Mahendra

My dear friend you are right that you have told about Airtel Edge Data Card in nearly all forums in which you had posted.

In my point of view, you must insert this in your SIGNATURE settings. This way you don't have to tell them again and again.

Regards.