Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
coolrajiv

Hutch Is Now Vodafone

Source - http://www.tech2.com/india/news/mobile-pho...odafone/16771/0

Come September 21, 2007, Hutch will be renamed Vodafone. Vodafone had acquired 67 per cent in Hutchison Essar from Hong Kong-based Hutchison Whampoa a few months ago, in a bid to enter the fast-growing Indian market.

Global player Vodafone completed the acquisition of Hutchison Essar in May 2007 and the company was formally renamed Vodafone Essar in July 2007.

Asim Ghosh, MD, Vodafone Essar, says, "We’ve had a good innings as Hutch in India and today marks a new beginning for us, not as a departure from the fundamentals that created Hutch, but an acceleration into the future with Vodafone’s global expertise."

This transition is estimated to touch over 35 million customers across 400,000 shops and thousands of Hutch’s own employees, as well as employees of its business associates. This makes it the largest ever transformation for Hutch, considering the fact that in India, the brand itself has undergone several changes in the past.

Edited by coolrajiv

^^^

Lets hope for something better from Vodafone my dear friends. Better tariff plans and call rates are expected from Vodafone.

Regards.

^^^

Lets hope for something better from Vodafone my dear friends. Better tariff plans and call rates are expected from Vodafone.

Regards.

I am not expecting any miracle.

They will launch some scheme for first six months to attract new customers, thats it.

And i dont think their 600 wala handsets gonna be hit, after classics gave us enough boredom.

but guys dnt u think that pronunciation of vodafone is far tougher for individual ..masses as compared to hutch and airtel or bsnl or RIM/TATA and it wd be far difficult for Vodafone to create a brandname among . .masses!

Infact all service providers are trying to sell cheap handsets in urban areas, though they launched it for rural areas. In rural areas they still have problem of coverage. So lets hope vodaphone could bring some change in Indian telecom scenario. May be we are expecting too much

but guys dnt u think that pronunciation of vodafone is far tougher for individual ..masses as compared to hutch and airtel or bsnl or RIM/TATA and it wd be far difficult for Vodafone to create a brandname among . .masses!

instead of Voda it could be Yedafone.. that will certainly help..

he he he

Will th operator logo on the handset screen change?

I dont think so..

It will remain the same Vodafone..

:)

yeah ... over a period of time guys

Indian market dominated by volume low end users and mean high end consumers.

Never in the past foreign companies could provide "Services" for Indian market;because you have lots of factor into considerations like high-pressure operating cost, regulatory risks, stiff competition, razar think profit margin, ever demanding customers, poor over all infrastructure etc...

These White & Might Vodafone executives will have tough time providing "services" for poor brown people like us!!!

this time in advt. the pug is roaming alone..

do they mean..jahan koi nahin jaata hum wahin jaate hain, what more he has a doggy house too... and no no .. no reference to ' we follow you everywhere.." the bou too is missing..

Bhagwan..oops Yedafone he janata hai ke aage kya kya hoga..

^^^

My dear friends, but still I think we could get better services from Vodafone. Leave apart cheaper calls expect good services. We all know that now a days we face terrible problem of call drops. Hope Vodafone invest for some more cell sites to take care of this problem. If we get quality services than there should not be any problem with tariffs and rentals.

And about the pronunciation, I don't think theres any problem with it.

Regards.

Well guys HUTCH banner is now VODAFONE on mobile screen.

And yes dont expect anything as same cool aasim ghosh is going to run the company for us.

They have just changed the name and nothing else.

They got enough customer base, enough ARPU.

well only hope of competition is in Premium services and sms tariff. IMHO :)

yes, the banner in mobile has been changed as well, though it has been changing between Hutch and Vodafone for the past few hours. The website's front page has been updated as well: http://www.hutch.in

ere is wat one of my frend on oder forum said about this

From Orange to Pink to Red

I hope the final colour isn't how the customers would be feeling?

:confuse:

this time in advt. the pug is roaming alone..

do they mean..jahan koi nahin jaata hum wahin jaate hain, what more he has a doggy house too... and no no .. no reference to ' we follow you everywhere.." the bou too is missing..

Bhagwan..oops Yedafone he janata hai ke aage kya kya hoga..

Perhaps they want to give the message that "the service has gone completely to the dogs"

HUTCH NOW VODAFONE

WEB SITE --- www.vodafone.in

http://www.vodafone.in/Pages/Index.aspx

U WANT TO CHANGE HUTCH LOGO

SMS

VODAFONE TO 56565 (TOLL FREE)

ONLY NOKIA (NOT FOR N93)

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!

post-11343-1190363263_thumb.jpg

Edited by kk999

HUTCH NOW VODAFONE

WEB SITE --- www.vodafone.in

http://www.vodafone.in/Pages/Index.aspx

U WANT TO CHANGE HUTCH LOGO

SMS

VODAFONE TO 56565 (TOLL FREE)

ONLY NOKIA (NOT FOR N93)

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!

the network is outside your home, full coverage in the doggie house... :confuse:

how abt badafone!!...

yedafone's sarin just said on CNBC that to serve the customers better, he needs more spectrum.. he cannt "serve" customers without that..

kaam shuru karne ke pehle he haath khade kar diye... :-)

what about upgrading infrastructure for a better utlisation of the spectrum already allotted.. but then asking for more spectrum is cheaper than upgrading the infra..across the board.

It's always easy and beneficial to blame the other prson.

Edited by copperco2

In Chennai/TN, its better to call Vodafone as Vada Fone.

In Chennai/TN, its better to call Vodafone as Vada Fone.

lol :confuse: