Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
network45

Samsung Cdma Phones A Short Sharp Review

To all the people out here before purchasing a samsung cdma phone and endling up like a wise fool just like me, see a short sharp review of samsung phones.

NOTE: These are my views & are not endorsed by anybody or anything else. I wrote what I felt, i may be wrong and you may be right. But these are my views use them if you like, i hold no responsiblity for anything in any event.

SAMSUNG DU0. Dual Sim phone

----------------------------------------

1. Does not have a keypad messaging is tough have to use both hands

2. NO FM Radio, how long will you listen to MP3s

3. Max memory size is 1 gb

4. You cannot use 2 sims simultaneously, it has to recycle its power to use another network

5. Too Pricy, not worth the price its being sold at.

6. Memory card operations take time, and is very slow to copy mp3s from PC to the phone

7. Handwriting recognition is not that great.

SAMSUNG FLO - Only good looks and is a slider phone

-------------------------------------------------------------------

1. No expandable memory just use the built in 44 mb for your music

2. Cannot set mp3 files as ring tones

3. No FM radio

4. Camera quality is bad

5. Getting software for PC-Sync is difficult

6. Too Pricy for a handset with crippled features

SAMSUNG EXPLORE - Sleek looks

--------------------------------------

1. will not set MP3 as ringtone, what a hopeless waste of time and money loading mp3s after buying a memory card.

2. After getting a data cable and using it none of the SAMSUNG software PC link or PC-Studio are able to recognise the phone. i tried all the pc-sync software that came on the cd along with the data cable.

3. Bad battery back up

4. Low speaker phone volume

5. Memory card operations take time, and is very slow to copy mp3s from PC to the phone

6. Most irritating is that the phone disconnects you from the network when you are using it as a thumb drive to copy stuff onto the memory card. This is something which my GSM phones never did a all.

7. you can use the phone as a modem, internet connects fine but if you disconnect your phone and put it in another USB port then it will not work, windows will not be able to locate the phone as a SAMSUNG CDMA Modem.

SAMSUNG HERO & HERO NXT are the handsets which are black and white and are worth the price for what you are paying, of course i could not get pc-sync to work with them also.

We buy phones to have fun also, after all whats the use if one cannot set mp3 as ringtones or done some more fun stuff such as loading java applications or games.

These are my views, opinions may differ, thats your problem, take your pick be choosy.

You want value for money, fun, a lot of options and a good range of phones, stick to GSM. CDMA is too business oriented and not for the end user.

to see these phones visit - http://www.samsungcdma.in/

Have fun

http://network45.blogspot.com/

Then decide if you still want a samsung phone.

regards

ac

what ever be it i luv samsung ....can ne1 help me to convert duo to RUIM . .

To all the people out here before purchasing a samsung cdma phone and endling up like a wise fool just like me, see a short sharp review of samsung phones.

NOTE: These are my views & are not endorsed by anybody or anything else. I wrote what I felt, i may be wrong and you may be right. But these are my views use them if you like, i hold no responsiblity for anything in any event.

SAMSUNG DU0. Dual Sim phone

----------------------------------------

1. Does not have a keypad messaging is tough have to use both hands

2. NO FM Radio, how long will you listen to MP3s

3. Max memory size is 1 gb

4. You cannot use 2 sims simultaneously, it has to recycle its power to use another network

5. Too Pricy, not worth the price its being sold at.

6. Memory card operations take time, and is very slow to copy mp3s from PC to the phone

7. Handwriting recognition is not that great.

SAMSUNG FLO - Only good looks and is a slider phone

-------------------------------------------------------------------

1. No expandable memory just use the built in 44 mb for your music

2. Cannot set mp3 files as ring tones

3. No FM radio

4. Camera quality is bad

5. Getting software for PC-Sync is difficult

6. Too Pricy for a handset with crippled features

SAMSUNG EXPLORE - Sleek looks

--------------------------------------

1. will not set MP3 as ringtone, what a hopeless waste of time and money loading mp3s after buying a memory card.

2. After getting a data cable and using it none of the SAMSUNG software PC link or PC-Studio are able to recognise the phone. i tried all the pc-sync software that came on the cd along with the data cable.

3. Bad battery back up

4. Low speaker phone volume

5. Memory card operations take time, and is very slow to copy mp3s from PC to the phone

6. Most irritating is that the phone disconnects you from the network when you are using it as a thumb drive to copy stuff onto the memory card. This is something which my GSM phones never did a all.

7. you can use the phone as a modem, internet connects fine but if you disconnect your phone and put it in another USB port then it will not work, windows will not be able to locate the phone as a SAMSUNG CDMA Modem.

SAMSUNG HERO & HERO NXT are the handsets which are black and white and are worth the price for what you are paying, of course i could not get pc-sync to work with them also.

We buy phones to have fun also, after all whats the use if one cannot set mp3 as ringtones or done some more fun stuff such as loading java applications or games.

These are my views, opinions may differ, thats your problem, take your pick be choosy.

You want value for money, fun, a lot of options and a good range of phones, stick to GSM. CDMA is too business oriented and not for the end user.

to see these phones visit - http://www.samsungcdma.in/

Have fun

http://network45.blogspot.com/

Then decide if you still want a samsung phone.

regards

ac

Whatever you have said are CENT PER-CENT CORRECT.... I have used Hero and using Xplore now... You cant use your MP3 file as ringtone, you cant use your photo (loaded to memory-card) as FULL-SCREEN WALLPAPER (It shows on partial screen only and it AKWARDLY STRETCHES the PICTURE, if its not in correct proportion <160x120; 320x240; 640x480>,...) But for Rs5.45k its OK...

One thing you forgot to mention is BOTH B/W Samsung handsets (Hero and NXT) are having VERY VERY SH`TTY MICROPHONE... THE RECEIVING PARTY WILL GET ECHO OF WHATEVER HE IS SAYING TO YOU... I THINK TATA's BOUGHT THOSE HANDSETS FOR Rs2.00/Kilo-gram FROM SAMSUNG...

@ kaeDee

though Samsung handsets have never impressed me, i dont at all like their interface & features but still i am Using Samsung hero on my Tata connection as it is the Cheapest & most reliable CDMA handset. (I dont feel that Classic handsets should be compared with other handsets)

But still as a basic phone i have never faced any problem with Samsung Hero NXT & i never had a voice ECHO problem, it may exist if there is a network problem.

& one wise advise to all those who use Cheap handsets

All cheap handsets have inferior quality Mic & Speaker fitted in them, so its always better to buy a good quality genuine handsfree to experience good voice clarity.

I have a genuine LG handsfree which i used on my LG RD 2530 , My Samsung Hero Nxt & also on Nokia 6265. & i 'v always experienced clear & good voice.

@ kaeDee

though Samsung handsets have never impressed me, i dont at all like their interface & features but still i am Using Samsung hero on my Tata connection as it is the Cheapest & most reliable CDMA handset. (I dont feel that Classic handsets should be compared with other handsets)

But still as a basic phone i have never faced any problem with Samsung Hero NXT & i never had a voice ECHO problem, it may exist if there is a network problem.

& one wise advise to all those who use Cheap handsets

All cheap handsets have inferior quality Mic & Speaker fitted in them, so its always better to buy a good quality genuine handsfree to experience good voice clarity.

I have a genuine LG handsfree which i used on my LG RD 2530 , My Samsung Hero Nxt & also on Nokia 6265. & i 'v always experienced clear & good voice.