Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Nirvana

Check The Quality Of Your Mobile Phone ! Is This True ?

This is from a email forward, so I don't know whether it is a hoax or whether it has any truth:

Would you like to know if your mobile is original or not ????? Yes, the IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number of your mobile can reveal a lot of thing about your mobile phone.

finding_imei.jpg

Before proceeding further I must tell you something about IMEI. Well …….The International Mobile Equipment Identity or IMEI is a 15 digit number unique to every GSM and UMTS mobile phone. It is usually found printed on the phone underneath the battery and can also be found by dialing the sequence *#06# into the phone. The IMEI number is used by the GSM network to identify valid devices and therefore can be used to stop a stolen phone from accessing the network. For example, if a mobile phone is stolen, the owner can call his or her network provider and instruct them to “ban” the phone using its IMEI number. This renders the phone useless, regardless of whether the phone’s SIM is changed.

So now you are ready to check the quality of your mobile:

Press the following on your mobile *#06# ( another way is to find it by removing the battery) and the International Mobile Equipment Identity number appears. Then check the 7th and 8th numbers:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 th 8 th 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Phone serial no. x x x x x x ? ? x x x x x x x

If the Seventh & Eighth digits are 1 , 3 this means your cell phone was assembled in Azerbaijan which is very Bad quality and also dangerous for your health.

If the Seventh & Eighth digits are 0 , 2 or 2 , 0 this means your cell phone was assembled in Emirates which is very Bad quality.

If the Seventh & Eighth digits are 0 , 8 or 8 , 0 this means your cell phone was manufactured in Germany which is fair quality.

If the Seventh & Eighth digits are 0, 1 or 1, 0 this means your cell phone was manufactured in Finland which is very Good.

If the Seventh & Eighth digits are 0 , 0 this means your cell phone was manufactured in original factory (not outsourced to a vendor) which is the best Mobile Quality.

Edited by Honest
<< Topic Title Updated >>

i checked on my nokia mobile & 7th & 8th digit comes out to be 1,0 but on the phone, its battery & its box it has been written 'Made in China'.

There is a possibity that a specific series of imei no. is alloted to a specific factory of a particular region.

Well, both my Moto and Nokia GSM phones have 0 and 1 as 7th and 8th digit. But the box says Moto is manufactured in Singapore and Nokia in China...

Dudes...

I got this info from mail

I didn't tried ....Just wanted to share with u

njoy

(Car Owners plz go through Point no. 2 it's really useful) VERY USEFUL & interesting about your mobile... :-)

Would you like to know if your mobile is original or not ?????

Press the following on your mobile *#06# and the-international mobile equipment identity number appears. Then check the 7th and 8th numbers:

Phone serial no.

7 th

8 th

IF the Seventh & Eighth digits are 02 or 20 this means your cell phone was assembled in Emirates which is very Bad quality

IF the Seventh & Eighth digits are 08 or 80 this means your cell phone was manufactured in Germany which is fair quality

IF the Seventh & Eighth digits are 01 or 10 this means your cell phone was manufactured in Finland which is very Good

IF the Seventh & Eighth digits are 00 this means your cell phone was manufactured in original factory which is the best Mobile Quality

IF the Seventh & Eighth digits are 13 this means your cell phone was assembled in Azerbaijan which is very Bad quality and also dangerous for your health

THINGS YOU NEVER KNEW YOUR CELL PHONE COULD DO

There are a few things that can be done in times of grave emergencies.

Your mobile phone can actually be a life saver or an emergency tool for

survival. Check out the things that you can do with it: -

(1 )

EMERGENCY

* The Emergency Number worldwide for **Mobile** is 112 ..* If you find

yourself out of coverage area of your mobile network and there is an

emergency, dial 112 and the mobile will search any existing network to

establish the emergency number for you, and interestingly this number 112 can be dialed even if the keypad is locked. **Try it out.**

(2)

Have you locked your keys in the car? Does you car have remote keys?

This may come in handy someday. Good reason to own a cell phone:

If you lock your keys in the car and the spare keys are at home, call

someone at home on their cell phone from your cell phone.

Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car door and have the person at your home press the unlock button, holding it near the mobile phone on their end. Your car will unlock.

Saves someone from having to drive your keys to you. Distance is no object. You could be hundreds of miles away, and if you can reach someone who has the other 'remote' for your car, you can unlock the doors (or the trunk).

Editor's Note: *It works fine! We tried it out and it unlocked our car over a cell phone!'*

(3)

Hidden Battery power

Imagine your cell battery is very low , you are expecting an important call

and you don't have a charger. Nokia instrument comes with a reserve

battery. To activate, press the keys *3370# Your cell will restart with

this reserve and the instrument will show a 50% increase in battery. This

reserve will get charged when you charge your cell next time.

AND

(4 )

How to disable a STOLEN mobile phone?

To check your Mobile phone's serial number, key in the following digits on your phone:

* # 0 6 #

A 15 digit code will appear on the screen. This number is unique to your handset. Write it down and keep it somewhere safe. when your phone get stolen, you can phone your service provider and give them this code. They will then be able to block your handset so even if the thief changes the SIM card, your phone will be totally useless.

You probably won't get your phone back, but at least you know that whoever stole it can't use/sell it either. If everybody does this, there would be no point in people stealing mobile phones.

Edited by Honest
<< Topic Merged >>

thanks for the info. will try these one by one

my sagem mobile imei # 7,8 digits are 00, so it the best one.. :)

nokia 6030 shows 01

nothing happened when i pressed *3370# from my nokia 6030

Very useful if true..

But i think that *#06# works again with select handsets.. not working with LG RD 2030.

lemme tell u guys that this email is nothing but utter BS even i had recievd it few mnths back

firstly the imei number does give u info on where ur phone was assembled but the codes give are fake

it is still not sure whether 7 and 8 digit signifies place of assembly and even if it does the codes mentioned are incorrect

01 refers to china/asia not finland

my iphone shows 00 and it is assembled in china

similarly my 5800 shows 02 and it is manufactured in finland

secondly the code *3370# doesnt work on most nokia devices it works for older dkb devices like 3310

^^^^ :Confuso:

<< Topic Merged >> & << Topic Title Updated >>

the 7th & 8th digit is my phone is 0 & 3. so where is the manufacturer and can u tell me the quality of the mobile too

This is from a email forward, so I don't know whether it is a hoax or whether it has any truth:

Would you like to know if your mobile is original or not ????? Yes, the IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number of your mobile can reveal a lot of thing about your mobile phone.

finding_imei.jpg

Before proceeding further I must tell you something about IMEI. Well …….The International Mobile Equipment Identity or IMEI is a 15 digit number unique to every GSM and UMTS mobile phone. It is usually found printed on the phone underneath the battery and can also be found by dialing the sequence *#06# into the phone. The IMEI number is used by the GSM network to identify valid devices and therefore can be used to stop a stolen phone from accessing the network. For example, if a mobile phone is stolen, the owner can call his or her network provider and instruct them to “ban” the phone using its IMEI number. This renders the phone useless, regardless of whether the phone’s SIM is changed.

So now you are ready to check the quality of your mobile:

Press the following on your mobile *#06# ( another way is to find it by removing the battery) and the International Mobile Equipment Identity number appears. Then check the 7th and 8th numbers:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 th 8 th 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Phone serial no. x x x x x x ? ? x x x x x x x

If the Seventh & Eighth digits are 1 , 3 this means your cell phone was assembled in Azerbaijan which is very Bad quality and also dangerous for your health.

If the Seventh & Eighth digits are 0 , 2 or 2 , 0 this means your cell phone was assembled in Emirates which is very Bad quality.

If the Seventh & Eighth digits are 0 , 8 or 8 , 0 this means your cell phone was manufactured in Germany which is fair quality.

If the Seventh & Eighth digits are 0, 1 or 1, 0 this means your cell phone was manufactured in Finland which is very Good.

If the Seventh & Eighth digits are 0 , 0 this means your cell phone was manufactured in original factory (not outsourced to a vendor) which is the best Mobile Quality.

Really nice info.Thanks

Have you locked your keys in the car? Does you car have remote keys?

This may come in handy someday. Good reason to own a cell phone:

If you lock your keys in the car and the spare keys are at home, call

someone at home on their cell phone from your cell phone.

Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car door and have the person at your home press the unlock button, holding it near the mobile phone on their end. Your car will unlock.

Saves someone from having to drive your keys to you. Distance is no object. You could be hundreds of miles away, and if you can reach someone who has the other 'remote' for your car, you can unlock the doors (or the trunk).

Editor's Note: *It works fine! We tried it out and it unlocked our car over a cell phone!'*

(3)

Will this work..........

I really doubt...

ny experiences any1????????

I really doubt if the mobiles in India can dial 112 since whenever I tried calling on that number it says "the number you are dialling is not responding please dial after some time.

You can even call 911 when the phone is locked but these numbers are not available in India they are american emergency numbers. It would be better if phones being supplied in India have emergency numbers like 100, 101 and 102 which can be dialled even with phone locked

This is a method to increase the signal strength of your car remote . If suppose your car remote works well up to a distance of 40 or 45 meters .

Now put your car remote against your head (near your ears) and now you would be able to use it from a distance more than 45 meters .

this email in simple terms is "BULL****"