Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
cmahendra

Mobile Internet, Edge+gprs Is Much More Faster Than Cdma

whats the best gprs plan for unlimited surfing in delhi?

OK ... NO fights please .......... :)

I'm using the same service and I find the speed Classic ... now N95 with just a normal firmware upgrade lets me download and play Youtube videos pretty quickly... I download songs on my mobile itself .. a 8 mB song takes about 3-4 mins to download ....

but I've experienced this surge of speed especially in the western suburbs ... malad getting the fastest speeds..

while at home in Navi Mumbai .. I really do not get the kind of browsing Experience I enjoy near office ..

and .. well I guess the speed is comparable - 2 steps above the speed I used to get on RIM :)

cheers

karki

it`s totally wrong gprs edge is never better than r-connect i am using r connect from 2003 and checked airtel gprs edge on n91 nokia it gives 80 kpbs from late night 2am to 8 am morning after that speed slows to 20 -25 kpbs same on airtel usb modem also , so please don`t fool all the guys as i can challenge wireless network gsm gprs /edge can`t be faster than cdma or tdma networks

OK ... NO fights please .......... :)

I'm using the same service and I find the speed Classic ... now N95 with just a normal firmware upgrade lets me download and play Youtube videos pretty quickly... I download songs on my mobile itself .. a 8 mB song takes about 3-4 mins to download ....

but I've experienced this surge of speed especially in the western suburbs ... malad getting the fastest speeds..

while at home in Navi Mumbai .. I really do not get the kind of browsing Experience I enjoy near office ..

and .. well I guess the speed is comparable - 2 steps above the speed I used to get on RIM :)

cheers

karki

it`s totally wrong gprs edge is never better than r-connect i am using r connect from 2003 and checked airtel gprs edge on n91 nokia it gives 80 kpbs from late night 2am to 8 am morning after that speed slows to 20 -25 kpbs same on airtel usb modem also , so please don`t fool all the guys as i can challenge wireless network gsm gprs /edge can`t be faster than cdma or tdma networks

ya it's true if you want the internet on move go for reliance Airtel Data Card are worst they are highly unreliable. speed ****s if you have download a mail with more then a mb attachement then forget that you will ever get success.

in reliance situation is much better.

^^^

My dear friends, but I think that Vodafone's GPRS really better then Airtel or Reliance. As I personally used it for 4 months. Speed was really good and better then Reliance Net Connect.

Regards.

Dear Kamal,

Can u pls tell in which city u hv tried Vodafone GPRS and found better than Reliance ?

Regards

MG

^^^

@Mukesh

My dear friend, I had used Vodafone GPRS in Mumbai and definetely you won't belive its better then Reliance Net Connect. No disconnection, no dormancy mode at all.

And you will be surprised about that I had used it without Edge. That means through which handset I was using Vodafone GPRS, that does not have Edge. Now you can imagine what the speed of Vodafone GPRS could be if we use it with Edge enabled handsets. We can get just double the speed.

I had used Reliance Net connect for more than 4 years. Thats why it is really easy for me to differentiate between Vodafone and Reliance data services.

And as you are located at Rohini. If I'm not wrong, Rohini falls in Outer Delhi. I think their could be some technical problems with Vodafone in your area.

But, believe me my dear friends, Vodafone GPRS is really great. Although in Voice calls Vodafone is hell, but in Data transfer its superb. No doubt at all.

Regards.

Well one is concerned with surfing on the mobile itself - then its logical to go for Airtel coz:

1. You get unlimited access on handset only using Airtel WAP or NOP - for Rs.104 per month flat esy rechagre. No other charges.

2. You get better gsm handsets - u get complete browsing experience including vids and audio.

And if ur at home - then its logical u go for broadband - all other models loose out here.

And if ur traveling problem with Airtel is that they dont have edge at all places - so ur speed varies as u move in/out of edge enabled spots/areas.

And one advantage airtel has - all there plans are free from data usage charges (except Airtel Live). So if downloading is not ur concern - u can use it for normal surfing - whether it NOP(Rs104 per month - only access on mobile phone), Mobile Office (rs498 per month - pc access) or Daily Rental(rs25 per day - pc access).

I awished to knw whats the best gprs plan in delhi?

^^^

@Sachin

My dear friend, which operator's Gprs rates are you asking ?

You can check for Idea Gprs for the cheapest rates.

Regards.

Cdma Dataconnect Is Much Faster Than Gsm Gprs+edge, rconnect is twice faster than gprs +edge and it`s specification

Gsm gors+ edge is never better than cdma data connect this is truth try it but why wasting ur time and money buying airtel usb modem or other networks gprs connecting through I have used and tried all networks and result is that cdma reliance is two times faster than airtel gprs .airtel gives 15 rs rent per day but the speed is normal at late hours 2 am to 8 am ,in this time reliance gives 180 kpbs dataconnect through mobile and 230 kpbs via usb modem , and b normal speed is 144 kpbs daytime download speed 18 kpbs ,tata is just below reliance her are some specification

Reliance dataconnect - 2am to 9am browsing speed 180 kps on mobile and 230 kpbs on usb modem , download speed 20 kpbs on mobile and 22 to 25 kpbs on usb modem , normal day hours browsing speed 144 kpbs on mobile and 170 kpbs on usb modem ,mormal day hours download speed 18 kpbs on mobile and 20 to 22 kpbs on usb modem

All hutch ,idea Airtel gprs +edge - 2 am to 8am browsing speed 115 kpbs on mobile & usb modem both ,download speed 6 to 7 kpbs on mobile & usb modem , normal day hours is not perfect but 20 kpbs browsing speed on mobile and usb modem ,download speed 1 to 3 kpbs sometimes 230 to 670 bytes also

Tata indicom data connect is just behind reliance and flittle faster than gsm gprs+edge

^^^

@Sachin

Regards.

thanks dear for the suggestion. i think idea charges rs 20 per day in pre paid while it charges 500 per month in post paid. earlier idea used to charge only rs 5 for pre paid. they raised the rates in december last. right now i use dolphin post paid for unlimited which comes to about rs 349 a month.is anything cheaper than this with any operator. i am told corporate connections offer unlimited gprs only for 99 a month. anyone here can get me one such plan?

^^^

My dear Himanshu, you won't get a corporate connection easily unless you are working with some Multinational and which has a tie-up with the service provider.

Regards.

^^^

My dear Himanshu, you won't get a corporate connection easily unless you are working with some Multinational and which has a tie-up with the service provider.

Regards.

Dude its nt so difficult to get it.you just need to knw whom to approach.

gsm was never know for data speeds that the reason they are using WCDMA as their 3g future...and all those pro gsm guys rant about good data speed on gsm....even in united states, the cdma 1x beats EDGE handsdown..in US all the networks perform at their best...still the edge cant beat cdma 1x..this is the only reason why apple was in hurry to launch the new 3g iphone..coz of bad browsing experience by end users..and people other than iphone fans were enjoying EVDO

Edited by suvirajshetty

^^^

@Himanshu

And what about the proper documentation my dear friend ?

You won't get it until you have the genuine documents with you.

Only one possible way is. Try to find out a friend who works for a Multinational. Employees of Multinationals are allowed to take two connections under their name. One for self and another for family or friends.

But in maximum cases, most of the employees take the advantage of this corporate connection and use both of the connections within their family.

Regards.

^^^

@Himanshu

And what about the proper documentation my dear friend ?

You won't get it until you have the genuine documents with you.

Only one possible way is. Try to find out a friend who works for a Multinational. Employees of Multinationals are allowed to take two connections under their name. One for self and another for family or friends.

But in maximum cases, most of the employees take the advantage of this corporate connec

you are right but what if you know someone who works with a telco and looks after the corporate connection issues.

^^^

My dear friend, still he has to submit your proper documents to get the corporate connection in your name. I'm using two Corporate Connections for my Voice calls one from Vodafone & one from Reliance. But both the connections are activated only after I submited proper documents and full verification has been done.

Regards.

^^^

My dear friend, still he has to submit your proper documents to get the corporate connection in your name. I'm using two Corporate Connections for my Voice calls one from Vodafone & one from Reliance. But both the connections are activated only after I submited proper documents and full verification has been done.

Regards.

Thats good. but is it delhi you are talking of? and confirm to me about gprs plan available with vodafone corporate conn.also tell me the details of your tariff plan.

^^^

@Sachin

Regards.

thanks dear for the suggestion. i think idea charges rs 20 per day in pre paid while it charges 500 per month in post paid. earlier idea used to charge only rs 5 for pre paid. they raised the rates in december last. right now i use dolphin post paid for unlimited which comes to about rs 349 a month.is anything cheaper than this with any operator. i am told corporate connections offer unlimited gprs only for 99 a month. anyone here can get me one such plan?

Airtel provides the unlimited GPRS on Postpaid for the corporates for few corporates it's Rs 99 per month and for few its 199 per month. idea provides unlimited GRPRS @ 99 for the corporates. you can check in your company if they have corporate connection or else take the connection with the help of some of your fren who si working in company where Airtel/Idea provides Corporate plan

^^^

@Sachin

Regards.

Airtel provides the unlimited GPRS on Postpaid for the corporates for few corporates it's Rs 99 per month and for few its 199 per month. idea provides unlimited GRPRS @ 99 for the corporates. you can check in your company if they have corporate connection or else take the connection with the help of some of your fren who si working in company where Airtel/Idea provides Corporate plan

Thanks. do u kmw someone who can get me one in delhi.i have been trying to get one for me.

also tell me the details of your tariff plan

^^^

@Himanshu

My dear friend, as I told above also that I'm using these plans only for Voice Calls, so I didn't asked them for any GPRS corporate Plan. Anyways, I will ask them and confirm you about the same.

Meanwhile my Voice Plan details for both Vodafone & Reliance Plan is as under :

Monthly Rental for Reliance & Vodafone = Rs.50/- per month.

CLIP = Free (For Both Reliance & Vodafone)

R2R or V2V CUG = 0.15 paise per minute.

Reliance to Other Mobiles or Vodafone to Other Mobiles = 0.30 paise per minute.

Reliance to Other LL or Vodafone to Other LL = 0.60 paise per minute.

R2R or V2V STD = 1.00 per minute.

Reliance to Other STD = Rs.1.50

Vodafone to Other STD = Rs.1.30

(SMS) Reliance to Any or Vodafone to Any = 200 National SMS Free every month and additional SMS charged at 0.50 per SMS Local as well as National.

So, these are the details of my cool plans from Reliance as well as Vodafone, my dear friends.

Regards.

Cdma Dataconnect Is Much Faster Than Gsm Gprs+edge, rconnect is twice faster than gprs +edge and it`s specification

Gsm gors+ edge is never better than cdma data connect this is truth try it but why wasting ur time and money buying airtel usb modem or other networks gprs connecting through I have used and tried all networks and result is that cdma reliance is two times faster than airtel gprs .airtel gives 15 rs rent per day but the speed is normal at late hours 2 am to 8 am ,in this time reliance gives 180 kpbs dataconnect through mobile and 230 kpbs via usb modem , and b normal speed is 144 kpbs daytime download speed 18 kpbs ,tata is just below reliance her are some specification

Reliance dataconnect - 2am to 9am browsing speed 180 kps on mobile and 230 kpbs on usb modem , download speed 20 kpbs on mobile and 22 to 25 kpbs on usb modem , normal day hours browsing speed 144 kpbs on mobile and 170 kpbs on usb modem ,mormal day hours download speed 18 kpbs on mobile and 20 to 22 kpbs on usb modem

All hutch ,idea Airtel gprs +edge - 2 am to 8am browsing speed 115 kpbs on mobile & usb modem both ,download speed 6 to 7 kpbs on mobile & usb modem , normal day hours is not perfect but 20 kpbs browsing speed on mobile and usb modem ,download speed 1 to 3 kpbs sometimes 230 to 670 bytes also

Tata indicom data connect is just behind reliance and flittle faster than gsm gprs+edge

@Hi Honest,

Its been long time I was missing from this thread and forum.

@Dear Ashish

You may be right with your own experience and we respect that. But remember here we are discussing the speed of Net which is purely based on equipments and thier specs we use, strength of network signal we are having and city where you are opting the subscription plans. You may be having bad experience with EGPRS in your city, but wait... dont assume everyone might be getting same problem.

What I mentioned in my most of the posts here, the technical differences in CDMA (max 144kbps) and EGPRS (max 384kbps). If EGPRS can give 384 kbps then it can give 384 kbps and if CDMA is limited (at present) to 144 kbps then it is limited to 144 kbps. I/WE DO NOT BELIEVE WHEN YOU SAY 240 KBPS ON RELIANCE NETCONNECT. AS PER TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS OF ANY CDMA HANDSETS IN RELIANCE 144KBPS IS MAX. HOPE YOU WILL CHECK ALL THE CDMA SPECS FIRST, BEFORE POSTING.

And yes we are getting far better service and speed with AIRTEL in Mumbai and other cities I tried. Many a times I am online on laptop for 8 to 10 hours on EDGE and never realized that my Laptop is Connected thru my Windows Mobile (O2 Atom Life). My plan is Unlimited Flat Fee (Rs.450/month) in AIRTEL PREPAID. O2 does not need any settings too. It takes basic setting from device and voila.... you are connected... whole day. Built in PushMail keeps it connected whole 24 hours on device with no disturbance to voice.

Your profile says you are from Mumbai but you have not mentioned your city where you are testing EGPRS (EDGE). I dont want to assume that you are testing from Mumbai without you clearly mention it. Here in Mumbai we immediately see EDGE indicator on our Symbian and Windows Mobiles and we can download at pretty high speed than I posted this thread first time, which is twice to thrice faster than Reliance Netconnect.

DONT ASSUME THAT I HATE RELIANCE, I STILL HAVE TWO RELIANCE CONNECTIONS AND USING THEM HAPPILY. ITS JUST A TECHNICAL DIFFERENCES AND ACTUAL EXPERIENCED WE ARE DISCUSSING. BUT IT SEEMS YOU HATE AIRTEL OR EDGE WITHOUT ANY REASON. ANY J' ?

Hope you will reply after doing some genuine tests.

Mahendra

Mumbai, India

Edited by cmahendra

^^^

@Sachin

Regards.

Thanks. do u kmw someone who can get me one in delhi.i have been trying to get one for me.

Err.... sorry to interrupt....... I think all you ppl are going off-topic. We are discussing speed of net here, not corporate net packages which is not available to every common person directly from Reliance. I hope even moderators remember that. LOLZ :D Too much offtopic things will hijack the thread subject at end.

@Dear Ashish

You may be right with your own experience and we respect that. But remember here we are discussing the speed of Net which is purely based on equipments and thier specs we use, strength of network signal we are having and city where you are opting the subscription plans. You may be having bad experience with EGPRS in your city, but wait... dont assume everyone might be getting same problem.

What I mentioned in my most of the posts here, the technical differences in CDMA (max 144kbps) and EGPRS (max 384kbps). If EGPRS can give 384 kbps then it can give 384 kbps and if CDMA is limited (at present) to 144 kbps then it is limited to 144 kbps. I/WE DO NOT BELIEVE WHEN YOU SAY 240 KBPS ON RELIANCE NETCONNECT. AS PER TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS OF ANY CDMA HANDSETS IN RELIANCE 144KBPS IS MAX. HOPE YOU WILL CHECK ALL THE CDMA SPECS FIRST, BEFORE POSTING.

And yes we are getting far better service and speed with AIRTEL in Mumbai and other cities I tried. Many a times I am online on laptop for 8 to 10 hours on EDGE and never realized that my Laptop is Connected thru my Windows Mobile (O2 Atom Life). My plan is Unlimited Flat Fee (Rs.450/month) in AIRTEL PREPAID. O2 does not need any settings too. It takes basic setting from device and voila.... you are connected... whole day. Built in PushMail keeps it connected whole 24 hours on device with no disturbance to voice.

Your profile says you are from Mumbai but you have not mentioned your city where you are testing EGPRS (EDGE). I dont want to assume that you are testing from Mumbai without you clearly mention it. Here in Mumbai we immediately see EDGE indicator on our Symbian and Windows Mobiles and we can download at pretty high speed than I posted this thread first time, which is twice to thrice faster than Reliance Netconnect.

DONT ASSUME THAT I HATE RELIANCE, I STILL HAVE TWO RELIANCE CONNECTIONS AND USING THEM HAPPILY. ITS JUST A TECHNICAL DIFFERENCES AND ACTUAL EXPERIENCED WE ARE DISCUSSING. BUT IT SEEMS YOU HATE AIRTEL OR EDGE WITHOUT ANY REASON. ANY J' ?

Hope you will reply after doing some genuine tests.

Mahendra

Mumbai, India

ur claiming false ur saying edge gprs airtel max speed 384 kpbs , no way this is totally wrong . edge gprs max speed is 234 kpbs , umts network 3g max speed s 384 kpbs and give the same speed but these all speed are claimed by handset manufactuerer not by network provider and here in indian cities edge gprs are the only name we are listening but not getting the same , my dear airtel is a gsm network not supports umts network first check ur details then reply me i have checked it in all major cities in maharashtra

Edited by Honest