Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
cmahendra

Mobile Internet, Edge+gprs Is Much More Faster Than Cdma

SOMETHING ABOUT MOBILE INTERNET I AM USING

I recently surveyed thru all the possible options available for Mobile Internet and I am here with following results.

1) I have been using CDMA mobile internet to surf on my LAPTOP and I was getting upto 144kbps (reliance says) internet connection till last month. I stopped using it as I never got 144kbps as they claimed but was paying heavy charges and kept changing around all the plans available on CDMA mobiles. I have not used TATA INDICOM CDMA connection but as the technology and most handsets are similar I am assuming that TATA's CDMA also will not go above 144kbps, as they also claim same on thier website.

2) Now I am on EDGE+GPRS Mobile Internet connection. Read more to know why. I found EDGE+GPRS much more faster than CDMA internet because, TRUST ME, I got pure 247kbps Mobile Internet speed which is much more faster and most important is STABLE than CDMA. It does not disconnects until you try to disconnect it on your own. For proof that EDGE GIVES 247 kbps visit this AIRTEL page on USB EDGE MODEM and look for a line "EDGE 247 kbps high-speed data performance" ON ..... http://www.airtelworld.com/level2_t3data.aspx?path=1/106/179

3) ISP: Now how did I get it. Go for any ISP who offer EDGE GPRS connection. I am now AIRTEL subscriber as they AIRTEL (Mumbai) gives ultimate EDGE GPRS whichi I think is best at the moment (Sep 2007).

4) Handset: You need EDGE-Enabled GPRS phone. I use MOTOROLA A1200 (MOTOMING) which did not had EDGE Enabled as per the MANUAL. But I myself enabled with some HARDWRE TRICK from my favourite forum (www....motorolafans......com) which is only best motorola forum. You can use any EDGE Enabled handset.

5) How I connect: I connect my MOTOMING to my laptop or sometimes PC with USB Cable, and enjoy very high-speed and Stable Internet with the help of MOTOROLA-PHONE-TOOLS software which comes in cd with all motorola phones in box. MotoMing works like modem for pc and laptop so we can surf on pc and laptop at stable 247kbps. With normal connection the large file can be downloaded at 21 to 25 kbyte, which is too good for Mobile Internet and nearly similar to 256kbps cablenet. Just imagine staying online in yahoo messenger or using SKYPE for international Voice chat with no disconnetion. The connection slows down when Incoming Voice Call comes but does not disconnects.

6) Conclusion1 : I THINK (stable 247kbps) is always better than (upto 144 kbps)

7) Conclusion2 : No need to carry separate bulky DATACARDS or USB-MODEMS for laptop and pc internet. Just plug in your EDGE Mobile and INTERNET SHURU............. :Contento:

I hope this article will help a lot to many as new information in Mobile Internet.

REMEMBER I DID NOT DISCUSS ANY COST FEATURE WHICH IS EVERYONES OWN CONCERN AND CAN VISIT AIRTEL OR OTHER WEBSITE FOR DETAILS. IN FACT SPEEDWISE IT IS CHEAPER THAN CDMA FROM RELIANCE.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

1st Edit: JUST NOW TRIED ON MUMBAI'S MTNL-GPRS ON LIFETIME PREPAID SIMCARD AND HAD SAME RESULT OF 247KBPS SPEED, DONT KNOW HOW BUT SOMEHOW GOVT COMPANY ALSO GIVING PURE EDGE CONNECTION ON EDGE+GPRS. COOL.

Someone try this on BSNL / VODAFONE (HUTCH) / BPL and post results here for Analysis.

Mahendra (aka indiacam)

Edited by cmahendra

I've been using the service for quite some time now ... Airtel on prepaid has something called as Mobile Office where u pay Rs. 15/- a day for unltd. browsing on comp / mobile ... I use that on my mobile .. and trust me ... the performance just rocks !!!!

I download songs, movies and torrents directly on my N95 ! but somehow I did not have the same experience with dolphin (on the 400 unltd usage a month plan)

cheers

karki

I jusrt wanna ask u guys what price are u paying for gprs service in mumbai & which isp is providing the best service & best plan for gprs ?

An year ago in Delhi i had this internet on pc through gprs on Idea network. But the speed ****ed so i got it deactivated. Even now when i surf on mobile through gprsthe speed is still as slow as earlier. I dont know about other service providers.

I jusrt wanna ask u guys what price are u paying for gprs service in mumbai & which isp is providing the best service & best plan for gprs ?

An year ago in Delhi i had this internet on pc through gprs on Idea network. But the speed ****ed so i got it deactivated. Even now when i surf on mobile through gprsthe speed is still as slow as earlier. I dont know about other service providers.

Hi Anurag

Now most leading Mobile Service Providers are offering Data-Services (also called gprs) with Edge, which is limited upto 247KBPS at the moment due to technical limitation. I am sure in near future there will be twice or thrice faster version of EDGE will be available.

In Mumbai here, there is no close competition to AIRTEL, they simply are the best. Its called MOBILE OFFICE and Rs.15/- per day for UNLIMITED Download, which is much much cheaper than Rs.1000 to Rs.1500 Blackberry services with limited functionality. Trust me its like NORMAL CableNet and there is no limitation in your work. SURF on your PDA (My MOTOMING or any EDGE Symbian Phones) or PC or LAPTOP with the help of USB Cable. Its pure 247kbps stable connection which never disconnects until you manually try to disconnect 2/3 times. Fevicol kaa Jod hai tutegaa nahin :D

Dear Anurag, dont know you will believe it or not the experence with EDGE GPRS is like you are connected to your normal PC internet connection. Browsing is superb. But the browser in MOTOMING s**ks, when I tried it on my O2 XDAII Mini, it was like a small windows pc with me with high speed MSIE Browsing.

Please note all the information is about Mumbai and Pune, I am not sure about AIRTEL in other cities at the moment.

Mahendra

well Mahendra if airtel is providing such good service at so cheap rates ( rs 15*30days =rs450 for a month )then i think soon cdma data cards will bercome things of the past. :confuse::)

Ideally GPRS supports only 100 kbps, device may be connected at 247 kbps.

I have tried airtels GSM data in Ahmedabad but speed was even poorer than CDMA. Ideally 1XRTT or EDGE can not give more speed than 60-80 kbps with latency of more than 600 ms. CDMA latency is about 100 ms lower than GSM thats why it appear faster. No GSM service provider allow more than 5 time slots, means 14.5X5 = 72.5 kbps (this is burst) so ideally it can not be more than 40-50 kbsp Where as CDMA it is usually 70-80 kbps

I have tried airtels GSM data in Ahmedabad but speed was even poorer than CDMA. Ideally 1XRTT or EDGE can not give more speed than 60-80 kbps with latency of more than 600 ms. CDMA latency is about 100 ms lower than GSM thats why it appear faster. No GSM service provider allow more than 5 time slots, means 14.5X5 = 72.5 kbps (this is burst) so ideally it can not be more than 40-50 kbsp Where as CDMA it is usually 70-80 kbps

I think you should try to find some information about EDGE on GPRS and not only old version of GPRS. I also had bad experience about old version GPRS few years before comparing to CDMA Internet, but we are not talking about it now.

I stay in India's one of the finest and advanced city called MUMBAI where ALL Mobile ISPs (including MTNL) are offering EDGE+GPRS and all are selling PCMCIA Cards and USB Units with high speed EDGE support on GSM SIM Cards. You can take out the GSM SIM CARDS and use it in normal GSM Phones for basic use, if needed. Or use SIM in PDAs. Checkout websites of AIRTEL / MTNL / BPL / VODAFONE (HUTCH) for more details on options and tariffs available.

I never been to Ahmedabad so cannot comment the poorer speed you get there. And yes, visit AIRTEL Website (link given in main post) to see if EDGE really supports 247kbps or not. Seems you did not read main post carefully. Whatever mentioned there is real-life experience and not exatrcted from any technical manual.

C Mahendra

well Mahendra if airtel is providing such good service at so cheap rates ( rs 15*30days =rs450 for a month )then i think soon cdma data cards will bercome things of the past. :rofl_200::Riendo:

Not really. because if you see some new mobile handsets are coming with new modified version of WCDMA and even some GSM ISPs are planning to use WCDMA signals for faster wireless internet services in very very near future and the R&D is going on as per few recent press releases elsewhere. So the competition will stay forever and we cant say that CDMA will be past. But at present EDGE is leading. I AM DREAMING OF 2MBPS CONNECTION IN MY MOBILE AND LAPTOP. :Contento:

C Mahendra

I think you should try to find some information about EDGE on GPRS and not only old version of GPRS. I also had bad experience about old version GPRS few years before comparing to CDMA Internet, but we are not talking about it now.

I stay in India's one of the finest and advanced city called MUMBAI where ALL Mobile ISPs (including MTNL) are offering EDGE+GPRS and all are selling PCMCIA Cards and USB Units with high speed EDGE support on GSM SIM Cards. You can take out the GSM SIM CARDS and use it in normal GSM Phones for basic use, if needed. Or use SIM in PDAs. Checkout websites of AIRTEL / MTNL / BPL / VODAFONE (HUTCH) for more details on options and tariffs available.

I never been to Ahmedabad so cannot comment the poorer speed you get there. And yes, visit AIRTEL Website (link given in main post) to see if EDGE really supports 247kbps or not. Seems you did not read main post carefully. Whatever mentioned there is real-life experience and not exatrcted from any technical manual.

C Mahendra

Not possible GSM 247kbps, i can bet anything you say.

And we @ rimweb including KSHAH ji been exploring these options every possible way. ( technically and practically )

U talking about ahmedabadand Mumbai ? we discuss about whole world.

Its our notion that ahmedabad is less in anything comparing to mumbai.

i am using EGPRS with airtel, never ever got speed upto 100 kbps. ( used with E90, Iphone, E62, N91 and W810i )

Strange in your case, U R lucky :D

Edited by Shaikhsadik

C Mahendra

And we @ rimweb including KSHAH ji been exploring these options every possible way. ( technically and practically )

i am using EGPRS with airtel, never ever got speed upto 100 kbps. ( used with E90, Iphone, E62, N91 and W810i )

Dear Shaikhsadik

I think you are right. Either I am lieing or I am lucky :D . So I dont think we need to bet on anything here. This is forum and I shared my experiences. You can assume I am lieing. Thanks for your practical and technical opinion.

By the way, lemme add something here, before posting here, I tested the connection on my LAPTOP with NETMETER(DUMETER clone) the optimum speed of download with FDM (Free Download Manager) and I got 22 kbyte smooth download which is pretty fast. If you dont want to believe it, I have no issues with that. The handset I am using is Motorola A1200 (Ming) with Firmware .08P. Now dont tell MING DOES NOT have EGPRS. I have MODDED it (yes MODDED) and enabled EGPRS with software as it already is manufactured with EGPRS but not enabled for Indian Territory. For more details on MING MODDING visit www dot motorolafans dot com.

Why not try this on linux phone first and then give your opinion based on practical grounds and not only on technical knowledge? It happens sometimes technology improves meanwhile and goes a bit ahead of our knowledge. Dude I did not say anything bad about Ahmedabad ISPs. My point is that in Mumbai, all ISPs are already giving faster EGPRS services and in other cities same ISP's are not offering, because thier infrastucture might be still in developement stage in other areas. So if he is getting too poor speed there, then I assume that EGPRS is not yet started by his ISP. Thanks for reading whole post carefully.

C Mahendra

PS: All other readers, you may agree to Shaikhsadik, and I have no problem with that. You know why? I never under-estimate the knwoledge of other people, therefore I have no doubt about Shaikhsadik's technical knowledge, he is really super than me. :D

Edited by cmahendra

C Mahendra

Dear Shaikhsadik

I think you are right. Either I am lieing or I am lucky :D . So dont this we need to bet on anything here. This is forum and I shared my experiences. You can assume I am lieing. Thanks for your opinion.

By the way, lemme add something here, before posting here, I tested the connection on my LAPTOP with NETMETER(DUMETER clone) the optimum speed of download with FDM (Free Download Manager) and I got 22 kbyte smooth download which is pretty fast. If you dont want to believe it, I have no issues with that. The handset I am using is Motorola A1200 (Ming) with Firmware .08P. Now dont tell MING DOES NOT have EGPRS. I have MODDED it (yes MODDED) and enabled EGPRS with software as it already is manufactured with EGPRS but not enabled for Indian Territory. For more details on MING MODDING visit www dot motorolafans dot com.

C Mahendra

PS: All other readers, you may agree to Shaikhsadik, and I have no problem. Thanks :D

I really dont wanted to hint that u r lieing, but trust me i have been using lot of handset with E-GPRS now a days.

If you want i can upload a video of iphone, in which using YouTube is nightmare, it takes ages to load 30 second video.

Possible that E-Gprs is not supported in base stations where i tried.

And now i also doubt that high-speed through Moto Ming due to modding, i know it doesn't make sense, but kuch bhi ho sakta hai.

or can u please cross check speed with some other handsets and let us know. as i am stuck with reliance for its data connectivity.

If ill get same speed as you, ill exit CDMA completely. Trust me! :mellow::Neutral:

Yes Mahendea as Sadiq said why dont u plz try ur airtel gprs on some other edge enabled handset & share the experience with us. It is going to be very beneficial for us. :D

Believe me I have been trying to switch to GSM since last year and a half and every 3-4 months I do try GPRS of Hutch and Airtel on different handsets and has never been satisfied with speed.

If I talk about money I waste due to CDMA you will be surprised.

I started CDMA before about 3.5 years with SCH191, paid 3350 upfront and 200 bucks every n\month, then GTRAN 10.5K, then 7230, 10K, then Nok6225 9.5K, then Nok 3125, 5K, Nok5155 10K, PPC 6600 22K, PPC 6700, 18K, Treo 700P 10K. Had it been GSM I may have spent about 25% of what I spent.

You can imagine, how keen I must be to switch over to GSM. But data speed really s**ks and I am not talking about only ahmedabad / mumbai or metros, when I am in roaming, any town of india on CDMA gives me data access where as in GSM it is always questionable.

Yes Mahendea as Sadiq said why dont u plz try ur airtel gprs on some other edge enabled handset & share the experience with us. It is going to be very beneficial for us. :GirandoOjos:

hi Anuragz

I am DUMB-A-S=S. :Riendo: I am not EXPERIENCED MEMBER or RIM GURU of this forum. And trust me my knowledge also is very limited than you people in this forum. I am just an OLD MEMBER here. But I hope you and others will read following paras carefully. Please know little about me. I am IT-Consultant and Linux administrator for several companies and some have EXPERIENCE (15+ years ) in networking. Then I started my own Web-hosting and Developing company in 1999. Believe me I am still learning. Sorry but it was necessary to tell people a bit about myself and my profession, otherwise people will assume me as 17 years old kid who might be experimenting on a mobile gifted by his dad.

Now something about testing Internet speed on any Internet connection. We do test network with proper methods and different utility softwares for dead-spots and other networking issues and try to optimize the speed of networking in various implementations we do, regardless of LAN/WAN/WLAN, etc.

I was really wondoring that someone tests one or two particular sites (youtube) on mobile and makes all the conclusion. IMHO, it may not be the correct way. One cannot judge net-speed by visiting one, two or three websites. Even http://m.YOUTUBE.com sometimes sux on all mobile but its not that bad on my MING. When you visit some website on PC or Mobile, the communication is Two Way. Browser keeps sending and recieving packets from server while in transaction with single HTTP connection to server, therefore it may seem slow browsing due to single channel and other server related issues. Youtube videos are played in Realplayer on mobile and hence many a times BUFFER does not fill due to packet loss and hence 30 sec video can stick in middle.

Now how I tested (See my previous post I mentioned FDM - Free Download Manager, I used to test download. One must always test net-speed for optimum results with the help of utilities like Download Managers in which single file is downloaded in 4 or 5 channels in split method and also with many files at the same time. In that case several concurrent channels are connected to download servers and all dead-spots are filled and you find actual optimum net-speed of the ISP. And trust me Download Testing or Nework File Transfer Testing should be done this way for ACTUAL Results.

Please note my test results are not YOU-TUBE results. :NOTriste: Even I had bad experienced with CDMA and GPRS Internet few years back. They were worse results than you people mentioned.

Do you ever realised sometimes yahoo and hotmail are slower and rediff is fast. Coz rediff server is local in india (mumbai) and 99% times its faster, but sites like yahoo.uk and hotmail are too slow due to International routing issues. This is nothing to do with your ISP Speed. Some sites are slower sometimes and some are fast.

If you say "Ideally GPRS supports 100kb" you must be correct but when ISPs say that EDGE they are supporting is 247kbps we have to agree that they can give speed UPTO 247 kbps and they dont declare it FALSE. I suggest all of you to ask AIRTEL how they can say that they offer EDGE with 247 kbps on thier official website?

I also request everyone to take this subject to AIRTEL and prove AIRTEL wrong. Its no use arguing with me. I am not from AIRTEL. I tested it ok thats it. Before asking AIRTEL visit and print this airtel webpage >> http://www.airtelworld.com/level2_t3data.aspx?path=1/106/179

Its clearly mentioned in Features of Data Cards about the speed of EDGE. If its wrong anyone can suite a case on Airtel.

FIRST, WHY NOT YOU PEOPLE TEST IT ON YOUR MOBILES WITH AIRTEL MOBILE-OFFICE SERVICE OR USE USB DATA-CABLE OR GO FOR AIRTEL BLACKBERRY AND SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES? It is always better first to try EDGE and then differ here. I do not have any other EDGE handset with me at the moment. If I get my hands on any other Edge phone borrowed or stolen :winko: I will definitely test it on that and will post. Thanks for reading.

C Mahendra

PS: This means more disagreements on speed of 3G and WCDMA in near future in this forum :D

Edited by cmahendra

OK ... NO fights please .......... :winko:

I'm using the same service and I find the speed Classic ... now N95 with just a normal firmware upgrade lets me download and play Youtube videos pretty quickly... I download songs on my mobile itself .. a 8 mB song takes about 3-4 mins to download ....

but I've experienced this surge of speed especially in the western suburbs ... malad getting the fastest speeds..

while at home in Navi Mumbai .. I really do not get the kind of browsing Experience I enjoy near office ..

and .. well I guess the speed is comparable - 2 steps above the speed I used to get on RIM :D

cheers

karki

Theoretical max speed in EDGE is 384bps if all the 8 timeslots are used each at 48kbps (48*8 = 384).

This is what theory says...I've never used EDGE myself.

But while using cdma, when I get best speeds, I am able to download 40-45 MB per hour (bittorrent files)

look i need to buy a mobile device to surf net in mumbai. Thats why i m reading this thread with immence intrest. Till now i m quite convinced with Mahendra's conclusion. So surely i would like to try airtel mobile office. Cheers Mahendra :winko::Riendo: .look i need to buy a mobile device to surf net in mumbai. Thats why i m reading this thread with immence intrest. Till now i m quite convinced with Mahendra's conclusion. So surely i would like to try airtel mobile office. Cheers Mahendra :D:NOTriste: .

Airtel Mobile Office gives 20kbps speeds only in general in mumbai with max speed of 40kbps. For downloading somtimes its more better but surfing is not so good. Which internet r u talking whihc gives 247kbps speeds. have u checked ur speed with some good site?

I too agree with C Mahendra & Ashoksoft my dear friends. The speed in Airtel GPRS is not bad at all. Its quiet good. Some of my friends also using the same with good speeds.

Regards.

Purpose of this forum do not seems to be fight and I dont think any one is fighting. Read on airtel site max 5 active slots. And believe me you get max 3 uplink and 1 downlink. 5 slots only when network is really free.

Max speed can be achieved only if all 10 slots are alloted and also if MCS-9 (59.2 kbps / time slot) coding and Modulation scheme is deployed. Most commonly used Modulation scheme is MCS-2 (11.2 kbps) or MCS-3 (14.8 kbps)

Edited by kshah

OK ... NO fights please .......... :winko:

I'm using the same service and I find the speed Classic ... now N95 with just a normal firmware upgrade lets me download and play Youtube videos pretty quickly... I download songs on my mobile itself .. a 8 mB song takes about 3-4 mins to download ....

but I've experienced this surge of speed especially in the western suburbs ... malad getting the fastest speeds..

while at home in Navi Mumbai .. I really do not get the kind of browsing Experience I enjoy near office ..

and .. well I guess the speed is comparable - 2 steps above the speed I used to get on RIM :GirandoOjos:

cheers

karki

WOW thats cool dear Ashok . 8mb in 3-4 minutes is pretty fast on MOBILE. Even if we assume the 8mb is downloaded in 5 minutes it is approx 26Kbytes per sec. Its even more faster than I mentioned in my post.

In Mumbai, I stay in the neiborhood of Dadar area and I use GPRS in Churchgate. Colaba, Cuff Parade, Irla (Santacruz) where most of my clients are. I get really good speed in all these areas. Similar speed I get on laptop too when connected with USB Cable. A little slowdown was experienced with Bleutooth connection with laptop, but I use unbranded Bluetooth adaptor and very old version of BLUESOLEIL software, so I think its obvous slower.the

I am planning to post the results on YT and post links here, when i get some spare time. I still think its not necessary as I made my point and in any case Airtel is the best in my opinion at least in Mumbai, Maharahstra, Goa and (Belgaum) in the borders of Karnataka State where I used GPRS without any trouble.

Thanks for your post, ashoksoft

Theoretical max speed in EDGE is 384bps if all the 8 timeslots are used each at 48kbps (48*8 = 384).

This is what theory says...I've never used EDGE myself.

But while using cdma, when I get best speeds, I am able to download 40-45 MB per hour (bittorrent files)

Dear Amtrag

Thanks for this valuable information. This means if Mobile ISP offers EDGE in all 8 timeslots it can give 384 kbps. but I am sure they will not give it all at once :winko: . That is why the speed is different in difference cities/states. Thanks for confirmation. Approxinately saying AIRTEL in Mumbai using 5 to 6 timeslots as they say they are offering 247 kbps speed.

Now its time to teach people about EDGE.

WHAT IS EDGE

Definition - EDGE (Enhanced Data GSM Environment) is a faster version the Global System for Mobile (GSM) wireless service designed to deliver data at rates up to 384 Kbps and enable the delivery of multimedia and other broadband applications to mobile phone and computer users. The EDGE standard is built on the existing GSM standard, using the same time-division multiple access (TDMA) frame structure and existing cell arrangements. (http://searchmobilecomputing.techtarget.com/sDefinition/0,,sid40_gci213691,00.html)

Today EDGE is leading, we dont know tomorrow (3-4years) it will be the time of WIFI 8MBPS or more and we will be using WIFI handsets in every part of country. Skype Phone are already here. Later we can do VIDEOCALL anywhere in the world FREE of cost with advanced version of VoIP and much much more. Just wait...its very near.

PALS Dont worry, we are not in fight! Its just some technical information sharing. I am extremely happy to see that this argument about EDGE is giving so much of information to all the FORUM pals. I ask everyone to do some basic homework of any subject before writing anything in the forum.

I am member in this forum since December 2005 and its lots long time. Dont know how people get tags here called "RIM GURU" or "EXPERIENCED MEMBER". I beg someone please tell me the TRICK to play to become one as quick as possible. Looks like my 45 valuable (again in my opinion) posts are going in trash. :Confuso: Or do I need reference letter from Shri Laluprasad Yadav? :GirandoOjos:

Now Everyone. CHEERS EDGE

c Mahendra

Edited by cmahendra

I am member in this forum since December 2005 and its lots long time. Dont know how people get tags here called "RIM GURU" or "EXPERIENCED MEMBER". I beg someone please tell me the TRICK to play to become one as quick as possible. Looks like my 45 valuable (again in my opinion) posts are going in trash. :Confuso: Or do I need reference letter from Shri Laluprasad Yadav? :GirandoOjos:

Tags changes on your post count. for RIM GURU you shoot 1000 post on rimweb :winko:

Edited by Shaikhsadik

I am member in this forum since December 2005 and its lots long time. Dont know how people get tags here called "RIM GURU" or "EXPERIENCED MEMBER". I beg someone please tell me the TRICK to play to become one as quick as possible. Looks like my 45 valuable (again in my opinion) posts are going in trash. :NOTriste: Or do I need reference letter from Shri Laluprasad Yadav? :quest:

Tags changes on your post count. for RIM GURU you shoot 1000 post on rimweb :Riendo:

Anyways....Dear Sadik thanks for revealing that GREAT SECRET to me. Still I wont try to go for those 1000 posts and I will concentrate only on best quality informative topics.

I still wondor how you and others have not said anything on my detailed information on EDGE which was developed since 2001. You only responded on TAG thing from the same post. anyways.....

SAD TO SEE QUANTITY OF POSTS MATTER HERE AND NOT THE QUALITY. I can easily make 2000 posts here by making mindless arguments people generally do here, instead of starting some important informative topics. If someone checks my posts carefully, most of my topics are lengthy but informative. I hate this quantity business, which is similar to those SMS votings on TV Shows. As an amatuer singer and music lover I watch those singing competition but same time I hate SMS thing, where votes are BEGGED on the grounds of Religion or Region or Country. If you really want serious capable singer the elimination should be done by reknowned pandits like Pt. Jasraj, Pt. Shivkumar Sharma, etc. Now they helplessly sit in chair, give correct comments and good singer gets out by sms business based on region or religion. I HATE ALL THIS. Even Zee Saregama was best until 2 years back they started SMS Calls. TOO BAD for quality players. Emon was trained classical singer but he got out in INDIAN IDOL. Amanat from pakistan is best on ZEESAREGAMA but I am sure India will not vote for him for no.1. He is so best that the remaining people like RAJA and ANEEK are not even 30% of him if you see his classical base. Amanat have strong impact of Ustaad Ghulam Ali Khan Saab. Damn this quantity business. Just money making fooling people.

I request FORUM owners to stop this non-sense and give ratings based on Quality of posts done by forum members, when someone sends nomination based on good posts and good topics. Also the RATINGS/TAGS should be based on Area of Expertise and Experience and not just FALTU posts like few posts I myself saw in topics I started on some recent events. I have visited many forums where Ratings are given on the basis of direct interaction with SYSOP of forum, who actually assignes jobs to members, checks their work and then gives positions.

C Mahendra

Edited by cmahendra

[Off-topic]

@cmahendra:No hard feelings mate, your contribution to the forum is well recognized and it might be rewarded in some other capacity sometime. I was made a moderator when I was less than a hundred post old. Also, we try to keep the forums clean of the faltu discussions apart from the General Chat and the posts in General Chat do not contribute towards your post count. However, some of the off-topic posts do creep in, in response to other posts - like this one :-)

So carry on with RIMweb.in and let me assure, its not the tag that counts but what you say and we do look forward to your informed posts on the forum.