Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
@ksh@T

Color Classic @ 999

guys RCOM today launched classic color handset for just rs 999/-

it is classic 732, awaiting abt more details!

Reliance Communications launches Colour Handset for Rs 999

Hindu Business Line

October 03, 2007

"Reliance Mobile's Classic range of handsets bears testimony to our commitment to offer the best deals to the Indian mobile user. A feature rich Classic 732 colour handset at Rs 999 will become the entry level handset for every new mobile user in the country", said Mr. S P Shukla - President, Personal Business- of the Company. "This special price of Rs 999 also comes at a time as we celebrate the joy of reaching 10M Classic handsets sales - a first for any Indian operator". Mr. Shukla added.

The redefining price point from Reliance Mobile is a "No Conditions" attached transparent total handset price, available across all pre & post-paid plans. Reliance customers are free to choose from a range of attractive tariff & validity propositions best suited to their needs. The attractively priced Classic 732 scores highly on Look, feel and form factor. The Classic 732 has a Large phonebook (500 x 3), SMS on call reject, speakerphone and a host of other features that are rarely found in most entry level colour phones.

lets pray they wont be having emergency lock problem

@ Above - I suppose this handset will not be an exception like all the previous from the co and will continue with its legacy of slowest mobile from the Reliance stable.

This model has very special feature which is very needed & demanded feature by common mobile user, As said in release party, haha very funny. Ye india hai jaha miss cal expertise hai logo ke pas, how those rs 999 range buyer(no offense please) ready to pay upto rs 2 sms charge for this not very used feature.

^^^

Wait for some more time, my dear friends and you will see that these CLASSIC colour handsets will be available even below this range also.

Regards.

No other operator has the leverage or the competitive edge to do what Reliance and Tata have done with the handset market.

Kudos to these companies who have turned a liability into an opportunity by focussing on handset driven expansion plan which no other Indian operator has done as successfully as them.

To say that Rs.999 handsets are for the low economic strata is no offence for some friends out here, but I must remind our friends not only in rimweb but also elsewhere that the telecom revolution has as much to do with people at the upper economic strata of the society as with the people at the lower end.

I find it quite amusing that even when some frnds here joke offensively about the low price of such handsets although they have all the knowledge and first hand experience of the shortcomings of such phones which only goes on to prove that there are lot many frnds from rimweb who might actually be using such phones.

No other operator has the leverage or the competitive edge to do what Reliance and Tata have done with the handset market.

Kudos to these companies who have turned a liability into an opportunity by focussing on handset driven expansion plan which no other Indian operator has done as successfully as them.

To say that Rs.999 handsets are for the low economic strata is no offence for some friends out here, but I must remind our friends not only in rimweb but also elsewhere that the telecom revolution has as much to do with people at the upper economic strata of the society as with the people at the lower end.

I find it quite amusing that even when some frnds here joke offensively about the low price of such handsets although they have all the knowledge and first hand experience of the shortcomings of such phones which only goes on to prove that there are lot many frnds from rimweb who might actually be using such phones.

CDMA stategy has to be handset driven as they are locked. Ofcourse reliance has been torch bearer for telecom revolution in India and what they offered is best for given situation.

Joking about price is personal preference but quality is definately a matter. There is no point selling product which do not function as it should because person could not afford expensive handsets. Even Nokia is selling substandard handsets in India. Handset prices are cheapest in India, even cheaper than China at the same time quality too is cheapest, even cheper than cheapest.

If you read SAR data then you will realize that SAR for Indian phone is atleast twwice higher than phone sold in US, reason chaper handsmeans they can not afford to use expensive shielding metals. Also since there are no regulation, they just dont bother to provide good product.

Else how nokia can ask to give handset for atleaset 2-3 weeks for minor repairs? why reliance and tata are selling handset of manufacturers who provide such poor services? Because every one is interested in selling cheap product then let consumer suffer. Indian consumer too is such a stupid consumer, who goes for just price nothing else.

Becasue of this I have stopped buying Indian handsets in CDMA, I import from US or buy handsets made for US and make it to run on reliance.

^^^

I agree with you totally. We Indians are being taken for a jolly good ride. How come double SAR is allowed in India? Is there no one to protest? Or has ADA greased the babus even for this? hehe

I forgot to mention read this and see difference, search for phone for US and for India. In India they have avoided mentioning about actual SAR values because that is not the regulation. I have compared about one nokia model in past but forgot exact details.

http://sar.nokia.com/sar/index.jsp

I advise all of you import hansets from abroad and stop cribbing for heaven's sake!!!

I advise all of you import hansets from abroad and stop cribbing for heaven's sake!!!

Right, we should just stop cribbing and die silenty with brain tumours, and all... :death: besides it will be a good method to control our burgeoning population too... :confuse:

^^^

:confuse:

die silenty with brain tumours, and all... besides it will be a good method to control our burgeoning population too...

lets begin with you.

check post 13 . already attached

OK

I buy this one for my home.

By billing is :

Handset : 999.00

Reliance Activation Charges : 220.00

------------

Total > 1219.00

Very good for this amount.

And one thing.. The charger is something like a USB HDD connection. So, I think is it possible to use USB HDD connector with my this new CLASSIC 732 Mobile ?

What I got :

Rs. 700.00 balance to call Reliance to Reliance

Rs.50.00 to call others (for one week)

10 Month Incomming

Prons :

1) All features as described here is works perfectly

2) ...

3) ... (As above.. So many features...)

Cons :

1) ringtone sound is too slow

That's all...

Edited by bimaljr

1) ringtone sound is too slow

@Bimal

My dear friend ringtone is the main problem in nearabout all the phones from Classic. Near all Classic models have low Ringtones.

It is near to impossible to hear the ring if you are in a crowded area.

One question. Does this phone has Vibration mode ?

Regards.

I wanted to buy a prepaid RUIM but buying Classic 732 seems to be a better idea. A RUIM will cost me 250 rupees or so and this mobile including RUIM costs just 999 so cost of this mobile comes to 750 rupees for me. And someone can use it once in a while. :)

I went to buy this today with someone who is using a mono classic he tested it and found that it is faster than his mono classic. But it was available only in white and was looking cheap.

Is it available in balck also?

The cost of a new number is Rs.99/- with 0 balance and 7 days vaility and cost of lifetime validity recharge, I have been told is, Rs.650/-. Is it correct for Delhi circle?

Thx

^^^

My dear friend I think lifetime validity must be available nearly at Rs.495/-. But still better you confirm this.

Regards.

^^^

My dear friends if Vibration mode is available in this handset than its quite good. Because you can't hear the ringer of this phone in the crowded area. And vibration mode can be helpful at the same time to alert the user.

Regards.

Hey, I found a new feature called Airplane mode

from User Guide book :

Airplane mode :
When your phone is in Airplane mode, it cannot send or receive any calls or access online information.