Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ashoksoft

Korean Handsets - Dual Sim

True ... kshah ... I got a Yulong and an anycool handset to test as well ... nice handsets ... but well would love a little bit more support .. have clicked the pix ... will upload them at night ! :)

and yes saurav :

you can place a call on hold and handle another call from say GSM or CDMA .. :)

The best feature I found in the phone is the ablity to super conference :D ... I call a friend on Reliance ... he calls up another person, and puts me on conference... at this time If i get a call on my GSM number and choose to conference the call ... I have four people on conference - and if the caller who called me on my GSM number conferences the call with someone else ... I have a five member conference call !!!!

:D not quite useful for most ... but i had to arrange a meeting for a proposed Rapid Action Emergency Force a few of my friends are planning to set up ... and we were going nuts conferencing the calls ... and well things sounded darn good..

Let me add - the loud speaker also rocks :D

Daxian is taiwan based as far as i know.

X768 is the handset model which i imported some months back.

Hope these are better than mine and spice.

HI AshokBhai,

Seems that the phone is goooooood.

Where I can get that? Do you have any pieces lying with you?

What is the proposed price ?

Please get back to me as I am very much interested to buy GMS+CDMA phone. I didin't like the SPICE model, as there is no Bluetooth. So this (your) model ends my search.

Please get back to me ASAP.

-Piyush

Ashok bhai! What about the onboard memory of the phone and also the ms?is it a smart phone?please post in detail.thanks

@Sadik

nopes ... Daxian is Chineese .. Kinpo and all are taiwaneese .

@Piyush

naa mate .. I got it from the Reliance Web World near Toyota Showroom in Malad - Mumbai. Priced at 14 k there. The owner is a friend of mine hence got the sample he got.

@situ

The onboard memory is just 1 MB but for the phone application it is more than enuf. it is a PDA but not MS based :clap:

Ashok u were abt upload some of its pics...

eagerly waiting...

Good morning Ashok bhai.May be the 1mb memory will suffice the phone function.but what about the pda functions?isn't the on board memory ridiculously low for a pda?also you have mentioned that although it theoritically supports 3rd party software loading, (which is minimum requirement of all pda)you have mentioned that you have not been able so far to load any software to the phone.also you have said that the os isn't wm based.so can you through some light on the os please?if it is a china developed os then nobody can vouch for it.

i have seen this model somewhere o the net.. it was on sale..

Any update??

Any PIC??

Any prediction of launch date?

oh ashok bau kitthe so gaye! . .tusi pics nahin post kitti! ;-)

Hi pals,

Had visited a friend of mine today ... and tested a few handsets that reliance is rebranding and planning to launch in the coming weeks...

The handsets are dual SIM supporting GSM and CDMA simultaneously ... and priced from 8500 / - to 14000/-

Tested all the handsets in offer ... and found them real cool - considering you are getting the one year warranty too ...

the handsets that have reached the distributors today are not exactly the ones that is launched - these handsets are still unbranded - but happened to see the address from where the handsets are shipped and that sure is reliance address :P

The one for 8500 has a 2 MP cam - but the battery life s**ks ... but it seems the same handset can be got from china for about 4k :D

on the other hand the 14k one has a 3" screen, 1800 mah battery, supports group messaging (and u can choose GSM or CDMA for messaging as defualt - extremely useful for DAPO customer :) ...Calls can be interswitched between GSM or CDMA - as both are connected simultaneously.. GPRS using Airtel Mobile Office worked perfect .. and the wap browsing experience is real nice (read big screen) - the handset supports the Ez input mode - akin to T9 but more common in SE Asian countries.

The cam is a 3.2Mp and the loudspeaker is LOUD !!! could hear the music in the traffic on the loudspeaker..

Bluetooth 2.0 supporting A2DP profiling as well as Vcard / Message forwarding ... but found that transferring files more than 8 MB quite a task ... was too slow at handling larger files.

Supports Java, PC Sync and comes with a USB charger as well ... :) a first for a start...

you also get a car kit for 150/- more - which sure is cheaper than most of the car kits available... batteries extra are for 200 /- and the normal charger has a slot in which u can charge the spare battery.

The handset I tested still had some menu's in Korean / Chineese ... but the handsets reaching tommorrow will not have them ... guess I'll be getting one of them for testing again - as I'll be sending the feedback to the company :) and well to the extent I see it ...

good start

btw ... let me see when I can post a few pix online :D might need to take permission before doing it ... hehe

cheers

karki

its great to know all those things from you. Its very finely drafted Report.

I would like to know your opinion about the Spice d88 available in the market ( not through reliance).

have u tested it?

I am considering to buy it.\

Should i wait for the ones u are talking abt above to be launched by reliance?

The features being offered by d88 are upto my expectations but no info abt its performance available.

Please guide me.

Thank u in anticipation.

The phone I'm using is exactly the same - the pic of which was posted by another member a few days back. The phone has been really stable - but lacks quite a few power packs ...

You cannot sync via bluetooth or any of the chineese softwares I could find.

Does not have a mark all and send option so if I plan to send 25 files to a friend .. I do that manually.

Cannot Accept Vcards via bluetooth from a Pocket PC (works fine from a Nokia)

But one thing that stuns me is the battery life - it just rocks !!!

cheers

karki

Does it support third party software insulation?

Could not install anything till date :(

its great to know all those things from you. Its very finely drafted Report.

I would like to know your opinion about the Spice d88 available in the market ( not through reliance).

have u tested it?

I am considering to buy it.\

Should i wait for the ones u are talking abt above to be launched by reliance?

The features being offered by d88 are upto my expectations but no info abt its performance available.

Please guide me.

Thank u in anticipation.

is this phone coming ibn near future??

Where are these handsets?

I never saw this handset neither for demo nor for sale.