Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
anuragz

Trouble With Memory Card.....

I have a nokia 3110c & i am using a Kingston 1GB micro sd card with it.

it was working fine for the past 2 months, but recently i changed the sim & when i started the phone it started malfunctioning. It was turning on & off but not completely turning on or switching off.

When i removed the mem card , the phone switched on properly & worked fine.

But with mem card it starts to malfunction.

when connected to pc (through card reader) The mem card shows & accesses all data properly.

but i am not able to format it on the pc.

Still when i delete all stuff from mem card & insert blank mem card in the phone then it works fine.

I am even able to save clicked pics on mem card.

but when i put some stuff like mp3 & pics on the card, phone starts to malfunction again.

I dont know whats the trouble ???

Is there a trouble with the phone or mem card is corrupt ?

Plz suggest a solution.

Did you put the same files, as befoe on. If so then there may be a bug or something in one of the files.

To find the bad file proceed as follows. If the number of files is small put them in one at a time and check. If the number is large then you can save time and effort by using a 'binary search'. Here you put in half the files. If the unit behaves than this half is Ok. Put in a half of the remainder, and so on until you find the culprit. If it does not behave with the first half then you clear the card and load 1/4 (half of half). This way you will find the bad file very fast. For 1000 files you will need only 10 trials!

i even inserted someone else's 256 mb mem card & it was still malfinctioning. When i inserted my mem card again it repeated the same process. But as soon as it started i quickely pressed the Menu button & then Selected mem card from the gallary & once it opened the mem card it stopped malfunctioning.

Now when i switch off / on the phone it works fine. But when i replace the battery again it starts to malfunction. I dont understand where the bug is ?

Are there any temp files created in the phone which helps the phone interact with mem card ?

^^^

My dear friend in some phone models temporary files only been created if you plug-out the phone without using the "Safely remove hardware" option from the taskbar of your computer screen. But it will happen only when you connect it with computer to download files on it.

I don't think that any temporary file is creating any problems to you.

Why don't you go to the service centre to know the exact problem my dear friend.

Regards.

^^^

My dear friend in some phone models temporary files only been created if you plug-out the phone without using the "Safely remove hardware" option from the taskbar of your computer screen. But it will happen only when you connect it with computer to download files on it.

I don't think that any temporary file is creating any problems to you.

Why don't you go to the service centre to know the exact problem my dear friend.

Regards.

i too faced the same problem.then i changed a component called slipper.costs around 350,an now everything's all right

an empty mem card works fine. it also works fine when data is inserted through data cable. But it starts to malfunction when battery is removed.