and R connect is also there.

Donot missguide.

on a whole the gud points of rd 6600 is

its fair price

gud sound

and its -ve pints r

poor battery backup

absence of r connect

so decide ueself wheher its a gud deal or not..vaise iam also in delimma iam planning to buy a reliance phone and the price of 6600 is within my manageble limits except some basic things phone seems to be gud..wht should i do??

Dear Friends,

Today I sent and email to RIM Customer care about why they can't provide Web Browsing Facility on LG RD 6600, Kindly find the stupid reply below:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Customer,

In response to your mail received at Customer Care, we would like to inform you that LG Rd 6600 supports Web browsing facility.

In R-World applications there is an application name as messaging in which webmail is an application through which you can check various mail accounts through mobile. through this application you can not only check the mails but also compose, draft, save and delete the mails as well.

You can also save the frequently used email ids. You can access various accounts like satyam, dishnet, mantranet through this application.

In continuation to your mail please note that this is an usage charge based application. The charge is Rs.3/- per login.

Yours sincerely,

xxxxxxx xxx

Customer Care

Reliance Communications

--------------------------------------------------------------

Any comments.

Regards

Nilesh

Data cable for LG RD 6600.

Serial Data Cable - Model: LG-DC300DJ-X

USB Cable - Model: LG-USB8100-X

Same of LG RD 6130,6230,6330. :lol:

can any lg6600 users comment on the battery life of lg6600

:confuse:

srikanth

it seems motorola L7 is better option than LG6600. both are almost same

Yes Lokoks of Screen of size is better of Moto L7C but it lacks :NOTriste: Ruim and

sound of Lg 6600 is better.

you are not a frequent user then you will get 2 days battery life

NB:dont use any type of media

i had been used for two weeks, then i sold because of its low network

its camera is very poor

only buy if you like its shell and radio, which are the only advantages

i had been used for two weeks, then i sold because of its low network

its camera is very poor

only buy if you like its shell and radio, which are the only advantages

I too strongly agree. The camera is very poor. Low clarity, and the white balance is horrible. The photos taken in the default setting is too dark. set the EV to atleast +1 or +1.5 to get decent bright pics.

Guys if this phone doesn't support R-Surf then its completely and purely waste.

Its better for you to go for Motorola's k1m or L7C (both are 3G phones).

My kind advice for the people who are in verge of investing more than Rs. 5000 in TATA/Reliance handsets.

Please ensure the following features are available in your handset.

1)EvDO

2)Mobile Internet

3G is just 3 months away.

If any of the above is not present I would rate your investment as really waste.

HI Seems you have a good knowledge of the handsets available in relaince . I am plainning to buy but not sure which one to get i like rd 6600 and the motorola on its for 8100 rupees not sure about the model number. The biggest prob buying from reliance is u cant know the quality as u cant use it till u dont buy it. I need a phone which has a good speaker phone ,mp3 the voice uality should be good . kindlt suggest me which one will be good and if possible difference between the 2 models i asked . thanks

Yesterday i bought the Lg6600. And this is the second time in my life that i have bought a LG phone. :NOTriste: And let me tell u guys this is the last time that i will be making a mistake by buying a LG phone. Now y that for. I have found a lot problems, or shortcomings in this phone. Just ping me and then we will discuss the same..

Hi,

The first drawback of this of the phone is its operating system. Those who r not used to use the operating other than Nokia will have a tough time with this phone. Well still checking the battery and the signal is not strong for this phone.

But the first thing I hated was that the phone cannot receive any unsupported file formats. :NOTriste: It will not receive any file that is not supported by LG. Like wise Nokia can accept any file even if it says file format unsupported. (U can later use the file right??) U will have to use the software only to transfer the pictures and the videos. Like if u have to transfer some jpegs it will receive and convert in its own file format and then save it. You cannot copy paste anything directly into the memory except for mp3. Everything has to be converted and then stored. It will not accept anything from the computer dongle from PC. As it has No FTP service from dongle. Only Dial up connection is supported. But what is the use of dialup connection when there is no RConnect in the handset.

*) The plus point of this phone is its Security. The phone in all has good security (comparatively to Nokia S40). To lock Ur contacts, messages and phone as well with a number password.

*) The sms memory is good. Enough no of sms can be stored.

*) A large number of contacts can br saved.

Let me know if anyone wants to know more. I will try to give maximum feedback. As I will not available next week due to my exams. :Equivocado::NOTriste:

Hi,

Well still checking the battery and the signal is not strong for this phone.

Signal strength is probably because to make cheap handsets, every one us giving very low capacity batteries from 650 mAH to Max 800 mAH, color screens, media support, memory card consomes far more power than B&W handsets which were too provided with 800-900 mAH. So to extend battery life, I think new handsets trasmits at lower wattages, hence lsesser signals. I have compared KRZR with SAM 191, Nokia 6155 and my treo 700P, I think KRZR has worst network performance amongst all and has lowest capacity battery too.

Just check again.

R connect is there in this phone. I am useing it.

RD 6600 supports object push service to copy files over bluetooth from PC and to PC. Details I posted early in same thread only.

As 6275 by default operate in power save mode, but in RD6600 from settings you can activate power save mode and atleast get double standby time then Nokia6275. Even Without power save I am using for 2.5-3 hrs for call still in evening 1-2 bar in battery is left over, where as previously Nokia used to switch off with low battery warning. Lets use my friend for some time then post comment.

As even Nokia battery takes 6 full recharge and discharge cycle to come to full battery streangth.

As UI is consurned, Nokia :NOTriste: Same boring UI from old age with minor here and there change. Once opened menu, You will not fill exloring that boring menu. As its same in all phones.

Hi,

The first drawback of this of the phone is its operating system. Those who r not used to use the operating other than Nokia will have a tough time with this phone. Well still checking the battery and the signal is not strong for this phone.

But the first thing I hated was that the phone cannot receive any unsupported file formats. :NOTriste: It will not receive any file that is not supported by LG. Like wise Nokia can accept any file even if it says file format unsupported. (U can later use the file right??) U will have to use the software only to transfer the pictures and the videos. Like if u have to transfer some jpegs it will receive and convert in its own file format and then save it. You cannot copy paste anything directly into the memory except for mp3. Everything has to be converted and then stored. It will not accept anything from the computer dongle from PC. As it has No FTP service from dongle. Only Dial up connection is supported. But what is the use of dialup connection when there is no RConnect in the handset.

*) The plus point of this phone is its Security. The phone in all has good security (comparatively to Nokia S40). To lock Ur contacts, messages and phone as well with a number password.

Let me know if anyone wants to know more. I will try to give maximum feedback. As I will not available next week due to my exams. :Equivocado::NOTriste:

Edited by abc2005

Hi there,

Can u comment on the camera quality and if possible forward photos clicked from this phone.

Which one is better buy - LG RD 6600 or LG RD 6250

Hi,

Edited by prabhukhushbu

Hi there,

Can u comment on the camera quality and if possible forward photos clicked from this phone.

Hi,

Please give me all the Information you do have for LD RD 6600 since I am going to replace my Handset to this one. Also, compare Nokia 6375 CDMA with LG RD 6600, if you have any idea of Nokia 6375

Thanks

Shraman

Hi Friends

I finaly bought lg 6600. i was quiet connfused which handset to take so i shortlisted 2 one lg 6600 and L7c motorola .i can tell you one thing you will not get a better looking phone then this at this price .The voice clearity is just too good even the speaker phone very good i keep it on my dashboard and can talk while driving. the mp3 is great voice is very good . YOU cant run the ringtones from the external memmory so you have to transfer it on the inbuilt one.it has rsurf the camera is not so good but then i think its the best phone available in this price no better option in relaince . there is a shortage of this phone in delhi . I bought this phone for 7000 so when u like the phone 400 or 500 more does not matter . over all i will say excellent phone

Hi there,

Hi,

Please give me all the Information you do have for LD RD 6600 since I am going to replace my Handset to this one. Also, compare Nokia 6375 CDMA with LG RD 6600, if you have any idea of Nokia 6375

Thanks

Shraman

i have used all 3 handsets.

lg rd 6600

samsung max

and nokia 6275..

all of them have dere + and dere -

lets start with lg rd 6600

Plus points.

1. low price

2. good looking as mirror on top..fashionable handset

3. good operating system features.

4. very good security system to lock differetn things seperately as phonebook. call history, messages n all.

5. very good menu structure.

6. mobile tv directly available

7. free sd card with set

8. voice recorder unlimited...depends upon free memory

Minus Points.

1. very poor camera - cmos cam

2. not good sound in headphone - lacks bass.

3. memory card has to be formatted in order of handset

4. copying pasting in sd card dun work to some extent

5. low quality handset- lg lower down quality to ver bad extent

6. low quality charger

7. low quality display.

8. low quality handsfree

in short lg lower down the quality to reduce price....

Samsung Max

Plus Points.

1.big display

2.slider phone

3.sexy looking

4.best UI

5.good camera

6.very very good fm sound

7.loud sound of mp3 in handset and average sound quality in handsfree

8.bright display

9.video playback and mp3/aac playback direct by copying pasting.

10. good operating system features

11. data cable free with pc suite cd

minus points

1.sd card not free with set

2.difficuly in bluetooth operations though good system

3.slider may create problem after sometime..like that in nokia 6265

samsung price rs 7130

and lg rd 6600 price rs 6255

hi guys

i also bought LG 6600 finally...and first look,i liked the cell a lot.... its battery backup is just ok,not too great....... but i hope it'll improve after a few charging..... snaps are just average quality,will show u all some of them...music is good, but bluetooth is really painful...it just plain s**ks!!! the again,i have been facing sum peculiar problem in copying images on to the cell frm my pc..... its just not happening,in spite of reducing the size... still hope to find a solution for that soon

also bought a 2 GB card along, that really helps.... my last cell was 5130, so i just downloaded LG desktop and using that same old data cable,i have been able to connect the cell to my pc..... it works fine, but the software is a little non-user friendly.....

bottomline,which i told myself also............ this is the best u can find in reliance rt now.... so enjoy.... dont expect functions and facilities like GSM and u'll be satisfied wid the set!!!! lol !!!!

the snaps taken with LG 6600

http://www2.snapfish.com/slideshow/AlbumID...37/t_=114947737

http://www2.snapfish.com/slideshow/AlbumID...t_=114947737the

Guys dont expect the quality with 6275

that was a 10k handset where lg is 6.5k to 7.5k

range is not enuf to compare

how can they too offer you the 6275 cam or sounds for such cheap rate

so

proceed with applications that this lg supports

any kind of themes ringtones come fwd and start posting here

rgds

prav

First download same song in Nokia 6275 and LG RD6600 then play @ headset and then post comparison about sound quality.

LG RD6600 Rocks in MP3 and FM, Can not even expect Nokia 6275 to reach near about LG RD6600.

No idea how people is comparing.

Sound is really excellent in LG RD6600.

hi guys

i also bought LG 6600 finally..........................

also bought a 2 GB card along, that really helps.... my last cell was 5130, so i just downloaded LG desktop and using that same old data cable,i have been able to connect the cell to my pc..... it works fine, but the software is a little non-user friendly.....

Does the 6600 supports 2GB? the manual and the site says that it will support only upto 1 GB.

yes buddy,believe me wen i say it does support a 2 GB card... have already put it and am using it.even in memory usage,its reading my memory correctly at something like 1998 Mb.......

Does anyone know the latest price of this handset?

lg 6600 seems v.good.at this price.

But can any one tell how many sms groups it supports and the no.of contacts in each sms group? Is there any sms counter?

i have used all 3 handsets.

lg rd 6600

samsung max

and nokia 6275..

all of them have dere + and dere -

lets start with lg rd 6600

Plus points.

1. low price

2. good looking as mirror on top..fashionable handset

3. good operating system features.

4. very good security system to lock differetn things seperately as phonebook. call history, messages n all.

5. very good menu structure.

6. mobile tv directly available

7. free sd card with set

8. voice recorder unlimited...depends upon free memory

Minus Points.

1. very poor camera - cmos cam

2. not good sound in headphone - lacks bass.

3. memory card has to be formatted in order of handset

4. copying pasting in sd card dun work to some extent

5. low quality handset- lg lower down quality to ver bad extent

6. low quality charger

7. low quality display.

8. low quality handsfree

in short lg lower down the quality to reduce price....

Samsung Max

Plus Points.

1.big display

2.slider phone

3.sexy looking

4.best UI

5.good camera

6.very very good fm sound

7.loud sound of mp3 in handset and average sound quality in handsfree

8.bright display

9.video playback and mp3/aac playback direct by copying pasting.

10. good operating system features

11. data cable free with pc suite cd

minus points

1.sd card not free with set

2.difficuly in bluetooth operations though good system

3.slider may create problem after sometime..like that in nokia 6265

samsung price rs 7130

and lg rd 6600 price rs 6255

how is the battry life of both handsets?????????? :confuse::previous:

on a whole the gud points of rd 6600 is

its fair price

gud sound

and its -ve pints r

poor battery backup

absence of r connect

so decide ueself wheher its a gud deal or not..vaise iam also in delimma iam planning to buy a reliance phone and the price of 6600 is within my manageble limits except some basic things phone seems to be gud..wht should i do??

boss evry1 is contradictory....i just read on nokia 6275 thread that lg6600 is better coz it has better battery. so whats the truth ?

regarding lg6600 vs motorolla l7 - L7 doesnt have FM.....so no point comparing. FM is a must have , these days, specially in Mumbai local trains !

Hello everybody,

Is there any way to copy the SMS inbox to computer? My inbox is full and i dont want to delete any messages. plz help........

Thanks in advance.

Santhosh

RD6600 battery seems to be problematic, i have bought this phone not even a year has completed and its battery is draining out while talking,

Nothing is happening and phone gets shut down, I have invoice also but seems service centre guy says as per serial its out of warranty and have to shell out money for my 8 month old handset. Seems reliance is on a roll of selling this kind of handsets which makes customers to compulsorily go for a new one every 6 months, something should be done, my adivse dont buy this handsets. will repent in 6 months...

Edited by Honest
<< Topic Merged >>