Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
manishag

Airtel Broadband Speed

Dear Frens,

I am using the Airtel Broadband with 256kbps UNLIMITED Plan. in the month of July I faced some problem in speed. And I found that there IT persons put my connections with low capacity Card and I asked them to connect my line to High Speed Siemens Card. after that My speed was near about 256 kbps at day time and 500 kbps at night time. in the mid of october i was not getting the increment in the speed at the night time. but from last 10 days I have obesrved that my speed on Airtel is near about 2.11 mbps reported by there own website. here are my few observations:-

If my modem is on and I switch my PC or my Laptop i get the speed of 220 kbps.

If I i reboot my modem(hard reboot with delay of 2 secs) after turning on the PC i get the speed of 200 kbps

I i reboot the modem(hard reboot with delay of 1 min) after turning on the PC i get the speed of less then 120 kbps

And if i 1st reboot the modem with delay of 1 min and without running any p2p program i reboot the modem again after 10 mins with delay of 2 secs my speed crosses 2 mbps.

I did lots of trials with these observations and I got the almost the same results each and every time.

I feel that this is the bug in there connectivity that's why I am getting these results. could someone will also confirm if he/she is getting same sort of results with the Airtel BB. If it's there then this time we are going to exploit the Airtel. I am attaching the latest Screen Shot of my Torrent that I took in Day time

post-1338-1193806615_thumb.jpg

Good Observation.

Can anybody second the observations....

i have the same plan.. all i know is tht when i put my modem off for a few min n turn it on, the speed crosses 2mbps for a few sec to a max of a min or two and thn finally settles at around the 210kbps mark.. seems like they have some sort of a limiter which suddenly takes charge.. the speeds have stopped doubling after 11pm since a few weeks n my sppeds used to be closer to the 256kbps mark earlier.. as i sed, now theyr closer to the 210kbps mark.. the earlier reduction is speed was some months back due to the taiwan quake.. it effected the undersea cabling.. nbow it seems that they r reserving the bandwidth for the new 8mbps plans set to be announced..

have the same plan.. all i know is tht when i put my modem off for a few min n turn it on, the speed crosses 2mbps for a few sec to a max of a min or two and thn finally settles at around the 210kbps mark.. seems like they have some sort of a limiter which suddenly takes charge.. the speeds have stopped doubling after 11pm since a few weeks n my sppeds used to be closer to the 256kbps mark earlier.. as i sed, now theyr closer to the 210kbps mark..

my fren the speeds that I have observed are the stable ones. right now I am getting 2.18 mbps speed and it's going to last till i don't reboot the modem again.

Dear Frens,

I am using the Airtel Broadband with 256kbps UNLIMITED Plan. in the month of July I faced some problem in speed. And I found that there IT persons put my connections with low capacity Card and I asked them to connect my line to High Speed Siemens Card. after that My speed was near about 256 kbps at day time and 500 kbps at night time. in the mid of october i was not getting the increment in the speed at the night time. but from last 10 days I have obesrved that my speed on Airtel is near about 2.11 mbps reported by there own website. here are my few observations:-

Can you tell your broadband switch speed (available in modem page)

I am having a 512kbps connection and the airtel switch speed is at 576kbps, So there is no chance it can go above it :(

But when I tried some of your methods then the connection actually droped to 110kbps and later it went back to 512

Edited by ss_rakesh

Tried, but din work. Gud for ya , if it works for u. :thumb:

I have checked it from my friend's place as well, no luck :( Lucky for you indeed !

well I tried it with 4 more Airtel BB connections out of which this trick worked on 3 but not worked on 4th one. I dun know the reason. Also as per my observations out of 4 one connection crossed the speed of 2 mbps and 2 were close to 1 mbps. and on my connection this trick didn't worked for last two days but it started again today. speed is really rocking. on torrent I am getting speed 250 KB/s.

Can you tell your broadband switch speed (available in modem page)

I am having a 512kbps connection and the airtel switch speed is at 576kbps, So there is no chance it can go above it sad.gif

But when I tried some of your methods then the connection actually droped to 110kbps and later it went back to 512

Tommorow I'll give the details of the modem page. because today due to high speed data transfer and many connection threads I am not able to open that page

Dear Fren,

As you asked I am attaching the details of My Modem Page and the speed test page. I am getting the speed of 2.18 mbps

post-1338-1194786267_thumb.jpg

post-1338-1194786357_thumb.jpg

post-1338-1194786655_thumb.jpg

its amazing.. just amazing.

think i should get one airtel connection for myself... and borrow your modem! to get the fantastic data flow..

If my modem is on and I switch my PC or my Laptop i get the speed of 220 kbps.

If I i reboot my modem(hard reboot with delay of 2 secs) after turning on the PC i get the speed of 200 kbps

I i reboot the modem(hard reboot with delay of 1 min) after turning on the PC i get the speed of less then 120 kbps

And if i 1st reboot the modem with delay of 1 min and without running any p2p program i reboot the modem again after 10 mins with delay of 2 secs my speed crosses 2 mbps.

I did lots of trials with these observations and I got the almost the same results each and every time.

I feel that this is the bug in there connectivity that's why I am getting these results. could someone will also confirm if he/she is getting same sort of results with the Airtel BB. If it's there then this time we are going to exploit the Airtel. I am attaching the latest Screen Shot of my Torrent that I took in Day time

hi, i have couple of questions-so do i have to get my modem changed from beetel one to siemens one.

what do u mean when u say delay of 2 seconds? do we have to reboot as in turnoff and on the modem after 10 minutes, or do thru the computer? and what do u mean by delay of 2 seconds?

reply will be greatly aprreciated

Edited by AmanJ

modem that I am using is the betel 220bx and I asked the Airtel Tech Guy to connect my BB line to Siemens Card in there exchange.

Here switch on/off means through the power switch not through the PC.

Delay means that Switch off and then wait for that much time and then switch on.

Also one thing ensure that when you try all this please ensure that no Application running on the PC which is using active Internet like P@P(Torrents, Kazaa, Emule) or some downloading.

Try it if it works please share the experience here bcoz i have tried it it works on few connection but not on all.

Dear Fren,

As you asked I am attaching the details of My Modem Page and the speed test page. I am getting the speed of 2.18 mbps

So the line speed at your end is 2Mbps for upload and download 576kbps.

I hope that airtel will upgragde the connection speed in our area from 576kbs to 2Mbps also. :D

and hope that in the mean time they wount fix thier software. :rolleyes:

Edited by ss_rakesh

No Rakesh,

The speed I am getting is 2 mbps for the download and the 500 Kbps for the Upload

I will try this tonight. Lets see if this work.

All the best.

I am in q for airtel, if this thing works on for more members...