Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
glovalize

Please Recommend A Good Handset - High Budget

Hello

I am akshay from mumbai and plan to buy a reliance handset, high budget phone. ready to spend upto 35000 or a little more. I wil be using any of the reliance post-paid plan with this handset.

I am looking for following features

Email Acess from across 15 email accounts (including hotmail, gmail and few more pop3/imap accounts and exchange server)

Browsing from Mobile Phone

good Camera

Bluetooth.

I should be able to connect to my laptop easily using mobile (internet access)

Yahoo/MSN/Gmail Messenger support.

Mobile Games

GPRS Features if available.

Thanks

Edited by glovalize

PPC6700.

But it's better to drop reliance if you are ready to spend a lot. Keep a cheap reliance set just for answering the calls, or still better, go for lifetime incoming and call forward to ur new gsm number.

i prefer a reliance connection coz many business contacts and almost all relatives in maharashtra including family members have reliance conneciton. calling them inside maharashtra is 100% free

is blackberry with reliance a good solution to my needs ?

I will suggest PPC 6700 over BB. Because of loads of softwares available. BB may have better battery life.

I would still go with anirudh's idea. Reliance - buy a cheap handset just for Voice calls / SMS. For GRPS usage I would recommend you to spend about 21k and pick up a HTC 3300 and an airtel prepaid plan (preferably lifetime incoming + 555 top up) activate Mobile office for unlimited internet browsing at 14.99 / day..

You can run a lot of messengers like agile messenger where you can be logged in to Y!, MSN, Gtalk, and other jabber / ICQ networks. You can use pocket IRC for IRC chatting . Outlook can be configured to fetch all emails every 5 mins or so - and new mails are shown as popups on the screen.

I use google maps + GPS whenever I'm travelling throughout Mah ... and I do that quite a lot .. was in Pune just yesterday for a bikers meet.

cheers

karki

Worst problem using reliance compared to other networks.

When I am sitting inside my cabin in office I have tried numerous networks like bpl, airtel, vodafone (previously hutch), idea and many others but whenever i receive a call i have to get outside my cabin to attend it but with reliance this is not the case.

My office is baed in Andheri - East - Mumbai. Just near Highway near andheri railway station. I prefer keeping 1 and only mobile phone for my needs, it looks very awkard when you carry 2 mobile phones in a business metting with corporates.

Is reliance only made for good network @ cost of cheap and non-usable mobile phones ?

or

Other networks provide cheap network @ cost of high configuration mobile phones ?

Seems even today India lacks for techno mobile facilities. :(

I sure do understand where you're coming from - but I do prefer carrying 2 or more handsets - as they offer me more options / features compared to just relying on one. For Eg. I was down in Pune on Sat night - and was mugged and one of my mobile was stolen ... help at hand - my second handset :D .

Reliance does offer you good speeds / data capablities - but if you believe in using the phone in a penny wise pound foolish manner then ... well even reliance will suffice - coz if you plan to use any kind of SIP / VoIP over the phone which you would gradually - I would recommend you to use a unlimited data plan ... and that aint reasonably priced.

But if you insist might I recommend you to kick in a little moolah and go for the PPC 6700 and an unlimited browsing plan :D

cheers

karki

so finally you guys suggest me to go for ppc 6700 instead of any reliance blackberry handsets ?

only reason being availability of more software tools for ppc compared to blackberry

any idea about the average price of ppc 6700 in mumbai

bumping the topic again i am still unable to decide on the handset.

I have recently bought a LG 6600 for primary purpose, I still need to buy a high-end handset.

please help

bumping the topic again i am still unable to decide on the handset.

I have recently bought a LG 6600 for primary purpose, I still need to buy a high-end handset.

please help

Go for any PPC, Man! You will simply love it, will find difficult to live without.

I would advice you to go for PPC as well.

However, if possible, do see and try both and buy the one that feels good in your hand.

Edited by tanveer

PPC 6700 seems like the answer for all your needs... i have been using one for the same reasons... be prepared for a low battery with it cause keeping mails syncd and browsing OTA, battery goes bust even before u realise... but then this is perhaps the most powerful user-based handset available currently for reliance here in India. Reliance has reduced the prices so you should get it sub 20g and u can maybe invest in a spare or extended battery to keep you going... another option could be to import one from the US and make it compatible here (workaround requires effort) like some of us here have and your good to go...

and to add more ... the blackberry from reliance seriously suc*s big time ... used it for a day ... Yuck ! will not touch it again ... the interface is sad ... navigation is based 99% on the scrollwhell at the side ... and for the pricing ... it sure ain't worth it..

On the other hand a PPC has expandablity par exception ... and the ease of use, and ablity to sync with anything you can dream of is something that keeps me grounded to it !.

cheers

karki

I have used PPC right from WM2003 (XV6600) and PPC 6700. Also in Palm OS Kyo 7135 and Treo 700p.

WM has its own advantages, when it comes to add on softwares and compatibilities with other systems. Palm too is very powerful OS with limitations like no real multitasking. No real file system as we have seen in windows etc. But Treo 700p has superb battery life, quite stable than WM5.

If we talk about Sycronization with PC than I must say that Palm is far far ahead of WM5. It practically syncs every thing except your software registration info. That too can be saved with resco backup. E mail client I use on 700p (Snapper) is better than "POCKET OUTLOOK". Browser on 700P S**KS. Its primitive sort of browser you can compare with IE4 not IE6. Opera Mini does not work properly on Palm OS 5. It crashes very often. To me it seems to be Opera proxy server problem than PALM OS problem but hte fact is it does not work.

Its 1800 mAH Battery life is really amazing. It last more than Nokia 6155 in same given conditions. Screen is way better than 6700.

So choose as per your need. Treo need some tweaking knowledge.

There are other members too who has used WM and PALM as well as MAC OS PDA better ask them too.

PPC 6700 seems like the answer for all your needs... i have been using one for the same reasons... be prepared for a low battery with it cause keeping mails syncd and browsing OTA, battery goes bust even before u realise... but then this is perhaps the most powerful user-based handset available currently for reliance here in India. Reliance has reduced the prices so you should get it sub 20g and u can maybe invest in a spare or extended battery to keep you going... another option could be to import one from the US and make it compatible here (workaround requires effort) like some of us here have and your good to go...

Hi Dj, Can you said that Reliance has reduced the prices of PPC 6700. can you tell me whether it is available in regular webworld or do i have to contact the company itself. i had done some checking a couple of months ago and I was told that I either have to buy through a corporate plan (whatever that meant) or i have to go through persons who import this product and "tweak" the instrument to make reliance compatible. The former was not possible for me and for the latter, i was a little uncomfortable with the method involved as well as the fact that mostly, only second hand pieces were available.

Please do let me know if you know where I can buy it directly. Thanks!!!

thank you I will buy PPC 6700 it should be from sprint or utstarcom ?

I am from mumbai suburbs please recommend me a good shop possibly from borivali to andheri only.

what should be the best approximate price for this handset ?

thank you

In India ud get a ppc6700 from utstarcom (read reliance) and if ur importing one from US then get verizon...