Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rahujas

Samsung Max Available With Reliance

can we browse like nokia 6275..

opera can be installed?

hey, if anyone has bought & using it then plz share your experience & personal views about this phone.

very good handset...

Some Body Please post a Review on Samsung Max..Pls.

and when Exactly in December 2007 is this mob. going to launch in Hyderabad & other Metros. I am Waiting.

Can I Purchase it at any mobilestore in Hyderabad !! any Idea !!!

Any one pls inform whether you can access PDF , Excell , Word and such stuff on Samasung MAX,

I heard these utilities are possible on Samsung FLO ( available with Tataindicm ).. I want to know whether such applications accessible on this device.

this handset is for delhi and mumbai first..

in jan or feb it will launched for whole india...

and in delhi and mumbai...this handset is short..

actually importer TELEMART dun have in stock...

handset price will also be reduced when it will be launched for whole india..

i think price will be around 5.5 - 6k..

i talked to Samsung cc & they told me that i can not use MAX with tata indicom as it has been released by Reliance.

Did anyone tried it on TATA ?? is there any metnod to use it with TATA ?

&

Plz tell me the difference between Samsung MAX & Samsung FLO.

Definite answers to many queries i see here:

1. Samsung Max works fine on both Reliance and Tata. This was the first open market launch (phone not locked to operator or subsidised by operators as most are), so Samsung went with limited numbers. Telemart the distributors are also getting into the scene step by step. Hence Max is now available only in Delhi and Mumbai. But as we speak today the first shipment is sold out. Reliance has no stocks (some might be left at stores).

2. The current handset has full data capabilities ONLY with Reliance. Tata Zone and Tata data services DO NOT WORK. Check the Samsung Website for Samsung Max. The good news is the next set of Max handsets that are being imported will support data and VAS (R-World and Tata Zone) on both networks and will slowly reach out to all cities starting late December 2007. There is no expansion plan set out so people quoting dates for it to reach specific cities are misleading you.

3. The best news is Samsung is comitted to grow the CDMA open market with a wide range of handsets that will work across both Tata and Reliance and might even be sold online through the Samsung CDMA website.

Once I get hold of some more insider scoop will let you know

Edited by kimsolomon

If anyone has purchased or purchases this set kindly post a review and also tell what is its SMS inbox capacity.

Samsung Launches CDMA Phone MAX

Source - http://www.tech2.com/india/news/mobile-pho...one-max/22772/0

Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., has launched its first open market phone - Samsung MAX in the CDMA segment.

The slider is launched through the company's own distribution network and aiming at the growing CDMA market, will be available to both Tata Indicom and Reliance Mobile subscribers.

Hyundai Kim, Vice President and Head - CDMA Division, Samsung Telecommunications India Pvt. Ltd., said, "We expect to fuel the growth of the Indian CDMA industry through the launch Samsung Max in the open market. Fully feature loaded Samsung Max is launched to serve the Multimedia needs of the CDMA consumer. The availability of CDMA phones in the open market will provide Indian consumers freedom to choose network operator's of their choice".

Samsung maintains that the Samsung Max is a complete multimedia phone localized to suit Indian needs.

The phone sports a 1.9-inch 262k TFT screen and a 1.3 MP camera. It has Bluetooth, R-UIM card support, expandable memory, an integrated FM radio, voice recorder and an MP3 player. Other features include Indian Calendar, Panchang, Mobile Prayer, Cricket Scorer, Hinglish SMS, Mobile Tracker and SOS alert.

The phone also has some additional security features like call lock which restricts others from receiving or making calls from the handset.

Dinesh Sharma, Marketing Head - CDMA Division, Samsung Telecommunications India Pvt. Ltd., said "Samsung aims to roll out Max through open market distribution in a phase wise manner.

Currently, the MAX will be available only in Delhi and Mumbai for Rs. 7,500, but by December 2007 it will be available in several other large cities.

Samsung is yet to launch its open-market sale. Guys in this forum are telling that Samsung has started selling, but their website says differently. The exclusive CDMA handset site for India, http://www.samsungcdma.in clearly says that "Samsung CDMA handsets are currently available through Tata Indicom Outlets."

Samsung Launches CDMA Phone MAX

Source - http://www.tech2.com/india/news/mobile-pho...one-max/22772/0

Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., has launched its first open market phone - Samsung MAX in the CDMA segment.

The slider is launched through the company's own distribution network and aiming at the growing CDMA market, will be available to both Tata Indicom and Reliance Mobile subscribers.

Hyundai Kim, Vice President and Head - CDMA Division, Samsung Telecommunications India Pvt. Ltd., said, "We expect to fuel the growth of the Indian CDMA industry through the launch Samsung Max in the open market. Fully feature loaded Samsung Max is launched to serve the Multimedia needs of the CDMA consumer. The availability of CDMA phones in the open market will provide Indian consumers freedom to choose network operator's of their choice".

Samsung maintains that the Samsung Max is a complete multimedia phone localized to suit Indian needs.

The phone sports a 1.9-inch 262k TFT screen and a 1.3 MP camera. It has Bluetooth, R-UIM card support, expandable memory, an integrated FM radio, voice recorder and an MP3 player. Other features include Indian Calendar, Panchang, Mobile Prayer, Cricket Scorer, Hinglish SMS, Mobile Tracker and SOS alert.

The phone also has some additional security features like call lock which restricts others from receiving or making calls from the handset.

Dinesh Sharma, Marketing Head - CDMA Division, Samsung Telecommunications India Pvt. Ltd., said "Samsung aims to roll out Max through open market distribution in a phase wise manner.

Currently, the MAX will be available only in Delhi and Mumbai for Rs. 7,500, but by December 2007 it will be available in several other large cities.

Samsung is yet to launch its open-market sale. Guys in this forum are telling that Samsung has started selling, but their website says differently. The exclusive CDMA handset site for India, http://www.samsungcdma.in clearly says that "Samsung CDMA handsets are currently available through Tata Indicom Outlets."

I just had a chat with a Samsung representative on http://www.samsungcdma.in/ & she told that this is a open market handset & it is avlb with Reliance now

Furthermore check this official link - http://www.rcom.co.in/webapp/Communication..._SamsungMax.jsp

Hi,

Till now samsung MAX mobiles are not available in Hyderabad. Is there any chance to buy the mobile on online?

any one purchased the mobile from Hyderabad? if yes pls help me becoz i need this mobile urgently.

Any one have the idea to purchase this mobile from Mumbai r Delhi ?

The inbox capacity is 200

thanks for the info... I just wished it had option to store messages on expandable memory.

Hi its available at Opera House - Mumbai Delaer for 7300. Checked at ww they r out of stock n price quoted was 7500.

Handset looks gud.

^^^

@vmsanghrajka

Yes my dear friend, this handset is RUIM enabled.

Regards.

[q]"""The slider is launched through the company's own distribution network and aiming at the growing CDMA market, will be available to both Tata Indicom and Reliance Mobile subscribers."""[/q]

Does this mean that this handset can be used either with reliance or tata indicom as most of the nokia sets. That is if i buy one from reliance webworld and insert a card of reliance it'll have access to Reliance mobile world and if i insert a tata indicom card then it gains access to Tata zone.???

If this is true then its a great news...

and one more question for the ppl using this one..

how is its signal handling capacity.. for ex: if u are inside a room in a building and the signal strength is just one bar, is it able to converse on a call clearly or is there any disturbance.. most of nokia (or atleast 3125) does not has any problem in this point(i.e. I can converse clearly at the above said condition)

What is its battery life?? charging time?? actual standby time with just one bar in signal strength (not that is given in manual)

and about Bluetooth is it locked as in LG phones or can it communicate with other devices without any hassles?

Edited by waves2d

ne news abt DUO

On Reliance website this phone is available, but in Surat it is not available at any shop. Any idea when it will be available in shops everywhere.

@JAtin

At present it has been launched in selected cities only.

Wait ................ for other cities.

Hi Kesav

How do u know that Samsung max is again out and where? On the samsung cdma site -> dealer Locator for Samsung max, it still lists only Delhi and Mumbai circle.I am in a fix whether to purchase Nokia 6275 from themobilestore and get an assured gift of Rs. 5000 or wait for Samsung Max. Any advice?????

Sameer

i today got hands on this . it is good in this price range .

though it gives plastic look sp. back body when you hold in hand