Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Arun

Men Beware! Laptops May Affect Fertility

Rediff.com

November 27, 2007 16:33 IST

Just give a second thought before you perch the laptop on your lap -- it can affect your fertility.

Researchers in the United States have carried out a study and found that the heat generated by the laptops raises the risk of infertility in men who balance the machines on their lap, the WebMD reported.

"Working on laptop computers in a laptop position causes significant scrotal temperature elevation as a result of heat exposure and posture-related effects," says lead researcher Prof Yefim Sheynkin.

Prof Sheynkin and his fellow researchers at the State University of New York came to the conclusion after studying 29 healthy young men, aged between 21 and 35, for two one-hour sessions in a climate-controlled room.

Participants were all similarly dressed in casual wears. After having their body temperature taken and standing in the room for 15 minutes to adjust to the room's internal temperature, they sat down and were given working and non-working laptop computers.

The men balanced the computers on their laps. The researchers then removed the nonworking computers, instructing the participants to hold the position for the rest of the session. Participants with working laptop computers kept the computers in place throughout the session.

The men's scrotal temperature was recorded every three minutes. The temperature on the bottom of the working laptops was also monitored.

According to their findings, scrotal temperature rose with the working and non-working computers. The working ones prompted a greater increase in scrotal temperature -- around 2.7 degrees Celsius -- enough to cause infertility.

Arun u posted this a bit late.... I just bought a laptop 2 months back & that too after discussing with fellow members. :grin:

Anyways, i dont know how the US people researched about it as i 'v not seen many people using a laptop keeping it on their lap.. Reason it actually emits a lot of heat from sides & below & it becomes impossible to keep on your lap for a long period, moreover the typing position is not comfortable in this position.

Arun u posted this a bit late.... I just bought a laptop 2 months back & that too after discussing with fellow members. :grin:

Anyways, i dont know how the US people researched about it as i 'v not seen many people using a laptop keeping it on their lap.. Reason it actually emits a lot of heat from sides & below & it becomes impossible to keep on your lap for a long period, moreover the typing position is not comfortable in this position.

2 months did you say..

i am having my laptop on my lap for the last 13 months... for more than 6 hrs per day..

he bhagwan..( :Ohhhh: ) what will hapen to my ghar ka chirag yet to come... :wacko:

Edited by copperco2

Dont Worry everybody

Indian People are not Bothered for 3 or 4 degree Temprature