Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
shivkantdalmia

Phone Book Transfer

i up loaded my phone book th r.world- moreservices- phone book transfer when i was having nokia 6255.due to disply problem i purchased LG6600 from web world. next day i tried to download the phone book but in new mobile i m not finding ph book transfer in more services in r world. now any body can help me how to download my phone book from reliance server to my new mobile LG 6600

God save you and us from RCOM. Even if they want to or are able to, they will not help you out.

Try your luck by sending an email to corporate center.

@shivkant

Yes my dear friend, as told by KumaarShah above, only higher authorities at Reliance could help you if they want to. Shoot the mails immediately.

Regards.

Same problem for me too. I have taken LG 6600 replacing LG 2030. Phone book transfer menu is not coming in 6600. I have tried with web world and they have taken my complaints but no action.

Any other option to transfer phone book? Any body can help me. I have data cable with 2030 handset.

Hi,

Same problem here also with LG 3100. I had to enter everything manually.

Vijay

Its high time RCOM came out with some specific solution to this problem, now. All other operators have backup facilities on their websites/servers for contacts and SMSs for some nominal fees. Hope RCOM replicates this facility.

is anyone else having this upload issue in r-world?

i could do the phonebook backups until mid jan and then it stopped working.

customer care of course blames the handset (lg rd 6000) since its 'too old'

it aborts with an error about 3/4th through the upload (around 75% of entries)

I had faced the similar problem when I had LG RD 6130 model. Wondering if this problem is there with LG handsets only??????

finally got it sorted out with intervention from DAKC:

you can't have special characters like '&' in your phone book!

talk about cryptic error msgs!!

it works perfectly now that i renamed an entry

customer care was insisting its a handset problem of course...

^^^

In my case, I cannot upload the entries on my phone to their servers. Always the upload completes successfully and then when you try to download, it gives the old figures only (pre-upload) implying that uploads are not taking place at all. The pre-upload date is Jan '06 and now we are in Jan '08.

And yes I do not have any special characters in my phonebook. LG ASC people told me that spaces should not be there in the entries of names and moreover all zeroes preceding either a mobile or a landline number that has been saved would be removed, so you have to manually enter each and every zero. I have almost 490 contacts on my phone with most of them having atleast 4 to 5 numbers for off, home, fax etc apart from email ids and notes/memos. This apart I have about 150 entries on my RUIM also. Here there is only one number per entry.

Any solutions to my problems?

Not all RWorld enabled phones will have a phonebook transfer facility.

To know exactly *333 has started keeping info as to which Rworld phone also supports phonebook transfer..

Its very surprising that very few do.

Lg 3000 and 3100 do not support it.. And many others....

Surprised to know that many of our veterans didn't know this!!

FRNDS

please download 'OTAM' software in mobile which is faster and we can work with any GSM or CDMA. It is not depends of mobile sim/ operaters.

OTAM is symbian based software..

And Reliance do not have any Symbian phone