Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Himanshubhai

Operating System In Nokia 6275 Cdma

Hi Friends,

I have determined to buy Nokia 6275 CDMA.

I want to know following things:

[1] What is the operating system in this phone? Is it Symbian ?

[2] Will I be able to install 3rd party programs/applications on this phone?

[3] In the description about the phone given at Nokia website (http://www.nokia.co.in/A4534131):

They say: it has "Java™ MIDP 2.0 ". Does it mean I can download standalone JAR programs and run on this phone?

many Thanks in advance.

Himanshu Mistry

1] What is the operating system in this phone? Is it Symbian ?

JAVA

Only JAVA application made for series 40 phones.

[3] In the description about the phone given at Nokia website (http://www.nokia.co.in/A4534131):

They say: it has "Java™ MIDP 2.0 ". Does it mean I can download standalone JAR programs and run on this phone?

Only JAR application made for series 40 phones. No sis application.

Hi Friends,

I have determined to buy Nokia 6275 CDMA.

I want to know following things:

[1] What is the operating system in this phone? Is it Symbian ?

many Thanks in advance.

Himanshu Mistry

6275/6265 have Nokia Series 40 platform it does not have a symbian platform so u can not run .sis files on it although .jar files runs smoothely on it.

1) how can i download Symbian software on the 6275 cdma nokia phone, as i wanted to try t9nav latest software software

2) also is there any way to install gps software

1) how can i download Symbian software on the 6275 cdma nokia phone, as i wanted to try t9nav latest software software

No Way.

Symbian cannot be downloaded on 6275.

u cannot download symbian software in 6275.

Also very important point is you cannot do MULTI-TASK in 6275, only one application runs at a time..

Hi Sanjay,

> 1) how can i download Symbian software on the 6275 cdma nokia phone, as i wanted to try t9nav latest software software

The software you are referring to has been clearly marked as for S60 phones and so won't work with your phone.

There are Java GPS software available. I have installed Navigami, GPSed, Google Maps and Mobile Gmaps in my Nokia 6275.

Hi Sanjay,

> 1) how can i download Symbian software on the 6275 cdma nokia phone, as i wanted to try t9nav latest software software

The software you are referring to has been clearly marked as for S60 phones and so won't work with your phone.

There are Java GPS software available. I have installed Navigami, GPSed, Google Maps and Mobile Gmaps in my Nokia 6275.

Dear Rajesh Kumar

GPS is a satellite-based positioning technology that allows a GPS receiver(your mobile phone) to identify its location anywhere on Earth. ...

Will applications like Navigami, GPSed etc will tell u where ur handset is located on earth ??

Regards,

Ramesh

@savramesh,

Surely it is not possible. Because NK6275's GPS is tower based not by satellite. Reliance is not providing us GPS service. That is why I had told you that its impossible. Am I right?