Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
amitstg

Chinese Handset

Hi All

Yesterday i was planning to buy a old handset with some good features at a cheap price, the vendor asked my to buy chinese new handset at very cheap price. I was not aware that chinese cheap models are available in the market. Well after going through 6-7 handset in the price range of 3000-6500 (6500 model was with TV reception) i ultimately bought a handset for Rs 4500/- its manual is in total chinese language not even a single english sentence. Some folders inside are in chinese only. It has following features

1. Touch Screen with stencil

2. Dual SIM (but one at a time is on)

3. Video recorder

4. Memory card (128 mb is free)

5. GPRS (but browser is hell)

6. No bluetooth (though i was told it is there)

I wanted to install some softwares in it like Browser it, but couldnt find anything compatible with it. After going through many net search i found a web site with just little discription of the handset ( http://bxmobile.en.alibaba.com/product/504...k258_p168.html

Plz help me to install additional software in this handset.

It is not supporting my 3gp files, its recording in .vid extension. plz help

Edited by amitstg

ur link is not working

we wud like to hear how u feel abt it after using it for sometime

i wud also buy similar one if u r satisfied

hwre did u buy them

srikanth

Edited by srikanth_kv

well it maybe of COsun company or pagaria... its flooding markets thhese days please upload pics . .

^^^

@amitstg

My dear friend you can try some converter for converting these recorded files with extension *.vid to *.3gp

You can google for available converters.

Also please tell us about the performance of this handset including Network & Battery Backup.

Regards.

Best convertor fro video that too free

http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

If you want to know which encoder is used (This helps you to use even which player to use) use GSPOT

http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

Hope this helps.

You can read this too for .vid extension

http://www.fileinfo.net/extension/vid

Hi All

Yesterday i was planning to buy a old handset with some good features at a cheap price, the vendor asked my to buy chinese new handset at very cheap price. I was not aware that chinese cheap models are available in the market. Well after going through 6-7 handset in the price range of 3000-6500 (6500 model was with TV reception) i ultimately bought a handset for Rs 4500/- its manual is in total chinese language not even a single english sentence. Some folders inside are in chinese only. It has following features

1. Touch Screen with stencil

2. Dual SIM (but one at a time is on)

3. Video recorder

4. Memory card (128 mb is free)

5. GPRS (but browser is hell)

6. No bluetooth (though i was told it is there)

I wanted to install some softwares in it like Browser it, but couldnt find anything compatible with it. After going through many net search i found a web site with just little discription of the handset ( http://bxmobile.en.alibaba.com/product/504...k258_p168.html

Plz help me to install additional software in this handset.

your handset looks cool.. can you tell where did you purchase it from... is it available in Mumbai ?..

Anything chinese is a product avoidable. Follow this thumrule, and save money in the long run. We have no alternative in case of accessories offered by Multi National Companies that are Made In China. This is happening because they have opened their assembly line in China only to reduce production cost. Like any HP Laser Jet Printer now sold in India is brought assembled / manufactured in China or any sort of charger / battery eliminator of any gadget is now from China only e.g. Nokia or Nikon charger. You don't have any option.

But when the question comes about choosing any pure Chinese brand, it should be big NO. For example, these big-screened, touch-screened handsets are highly unreliable, batteries are of dismal quality; spares/ accessories will be unavailable.

Anything chinese is a product avoidable. Follow this thumrule, and save money in the long run. We have no alternative in case of accessories offered by Multi National Companies that are Made In China. This is happening because they have opened their assembly line in China only to reduce production cost. Like any HP Laser Jet Printer now sold in India is brought assembled / manufactured in China or any sort of charger / battery eliminator of any gadget is now from China only e.g. Nokia or Nikon charger. You don't have any option.

But when the question comes about choosing any pure Chinese brand, it should be big NO. For example, these big-screened, touch-screened handsets are highly unreliable, batteries are of dismal quality; spares/ accessories will be unavailable.

True. Good chinese brands with real good quality (COmparable with any leading global brands) like yuolong, CECT, ZTE are not as cheap as we expect. Max 15-20%.

Battery is better in good brands because they are designed and made by companies like panasonic, samsung, sony, LG etc. Also software and calibration data has great impact on battery life.

I have one chinese Dual SIM Phone for sale. you can see the pics and other details here.

I have one chinese Dual SIM Phone for sale. you can see the pics and other details here.

whats the price

I think somewhere between 8-9k should be the fair price. Others can correct me if I am asking too less or too much which is possible coz I am not a pro for this kind of deal. :)

I think somewhere between 8-9k should be the fair price. Others can correct me if I am asking too less or too much which is possible coz I am not a pro for this kind of deal. :)

one of my fried bought the same chinese dual sim/ touchscreen/ pda handset for 7k in Delhi.

But i dont think that it is wise to spend even a penny on these unbranded , unreliable chinese handset.

Moreover, few days back there was a news that intelligence agencies are very much troubled becouse of these chinese handsets as they dont have any imei no., no bill , no identity.

It may be possible that in days to come these chainese handsets may be banned or some regulations may be imposed.

So thinkg twice before buying an unbranded/unbilled chinese handset. :confuse:

one of my fried bought the same chinese dual sim/ touchscreen/ pda handset for 7k in Delhi.

But i dont think that it is wise to spend even a penny on these unbranded , unreliable chinese handset.

Moreover, few days back there was a news that intelligence agencies are very much troubled becouse of these chinese handsets as they dont have any imei no., no bill , no identity.

It may be possible that in days to come these chainese handsets may be banned or some regulations may be imposed.

So thinkg twice before buying an unbranded/unbilled chinese handset. :confuse:

nowadays no handset lasts for more than 18-24 months( average)

either handsets are changed bcos of the changing trends or they start giving problems

within 6-8 months the branded handsets' value is down by 30-40 %, and models are discontinued within 12-18 months

the so called industry leader - nokia does not give u service/ give u service at snails pace

in such scenario if a cheap and feature loaded chinese handset last for 12 months, it is worth

this is my opinion

others may differ

srikanth

For those who are interested in chinese handset imports. I got this mail from hongkong. I contacted this seller when I visited China last year.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Currently, we are offering our new touch screen mobile phone watch and Dual Sim Card Touch Screen mobile phone models. Prices , Pictures and full spec are attached for your reference.

1)BHNM800 Touch screen Mobile phone watch with MP4/MP3 function (Tri-band 900MHZ/1800MHZ/1900MHZ)

Price :

MOQ:500pcs US$115/unit

MOQ:100pcs US$118/unit

MOQ:50pcs US$119/unit

MOQ:30pcs US$120unit

MOQ:10pcs US$122/unit

Sample: US$128/ unit

2)ZT8886 Dual sim Cards Touch screen Mobile phone MP4/MP3 function (Dual band 900MHZ/1800MHZ)

Specification:

* 3.0 inch touch screen+handwriting

* GSM:900/1800MHZ

* Support :mp3¡¢mp4¡¢midi¡¢wav

* Camera:2.0 mega pixel

* Language: English, Chinese, French, Thailand,Russian,Vietnam languages

* Color:, black,

* Accessories:2 chargers,2 batteries, data cable,earphones,256 card

* Dual sim card single waitting

Price: :

MOQ:500pcs US$88/unit

MOQ:100pcs US$90/unit

MOQ:50pcs US$91/unit

MOQ:30pcs US$93/unit

MOQ:10pcs US$97/unit

Sample: US$105/ unit

3)S500 Dual sim Cards Touch screen Mobile phone MP4/MP3 function (Dual band 900MHZ/1800MHZ)

Specification:

* Camera:1.3 mega pixel

* Language: English, Chinese, languages(can make other languages if for larget order)

* Color:, black, white,coffee,

* Accessories:2 chargers,2 batteries, data cable,earphones,128 card

Price:

MOQ:500pcs US$79/unit

MOQ:100pcs US$81/unit

MOQ:50pcs US$82/unit

MOQ:30pcs US$84/unit

MOQ:10pcs US$90/unit

Sample: US$95/ unit

Please note: All prices are FOB China in US Dollar. Picture is attached for your reference or you may visit our website www.exports.com.hk. Samples are available for evaluation. We will refund the extra samples charges when you place an order. We hope that you will find these terms satisfactory and shall you have any further enquries , feel free to contact us!

Best Regards,

S.Khan

Bhntcp Impex(Hong Kong.China)

Email: sales@exports.com.hk

Hong Kong Tel:+(852)97174026 China Tel: +(86)13422691424 Fax:+(852) 36239320

MSN ID:akhber@hotmail.com, Yahoo ID:Bhntcp@yahoo.com

post-842-1197279096_thumb.jpg

post-842-1197279135_thumb.jpg

post-842-1197279191_thumb.jpg

Edited by kshah

For those who are interested in chinese handset imports. I got this mail from hongkong. I contacted this seller when I visited China last year.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Currently, we are offering our new touch screen mobile phone watch and Dual Sim Card Touch Screen mobile phone models. Prices , Pictures and full spec are attached for your reference.

1)BHNM800 Touch screen Mobile phone watch with MP4/MP3 function (Tri-band 900MHZ/1800MHZ/1900MHZ)

Price :

MOQ:500pcs US$115/unit

MOQ:100pcs US$118/unit

MOQ:50pcs US$119/unit

MOQ:30pcs US$120unit

MOQ:10pcs US$122/unit

Sample: US$128/ unit

2)ZT8886 Dual sim Cards Touch screen Mobile phone MP4/MP3 function (Dual band 900MHZ/1800MHZ)

Specification:

* Camera:2.0 mega pixel

* Language: English, Chinese, French, Thailand,Russian,Vietnam languages

* Color:, black,

* Accessories:2 chargers,2 batteries, data cable,earphones,256 card

Price: :

MOQ:500pcs US$88/unit

MOQ:100pcs US$90/unit

MOQ:50pcs US$91/unit

MOQ:30pcs US$93/unit

MOQ:10pcs US$97/unit

Sample: US$105/ unit

3)S500 Dual sim Cards Touch screen Mobile phone MP4/MP3 function (Dual band 900MHZ/1800MHZ)

Specification:

* Camera:1.3 mega pixel

* Language: English, Chinese, languages(can make other languages if for larget order)

* Color:, black, white,coffee,

* Accessories:2 chargers,2 batteries, data cable,earphones,128 card

Price:

MOQ:500pcs US$79/unit

MOQ:100pcs US$81/unit

MOQ:50pcs US$82/unit

MOQ:30pcs US$84/unit

MOQ:10pcs US$90/unit

Sample: US$95/ unit

Please note: All prices are FOB China in US Dollar. Picture is attached for your reference or you may visit our website www.exports.com.hk. Samples are available for evaluation. We will refund the extra samples charges when you place an order. We hope that you will find these terms satisfactory and shall you have any further enquries , feel free to contact us!

Best Regards,

S.Khan

Bhntcp Impex(Hong Kong.China)

Email: sales@exports.com.hk

Hong Kong Tel:+(852)97174026 China Tel: +(86)13422691424 Fax:+(852) 36239320

MSN ID:akhber@hotmail.com, Yahoo ID:Bhntcp@yahoo.com

hi,

are these handsets ..the CDMA + GSM dual ?plz mention abt the warranty issues if there are any

@parth

chineese and warranty :lol: no way! kyon!

^^^

No warranty on Chinese handsets my dear friend. Although the dealer from where you purchase the chinese handset can offer you the warranty. But if any problem occurs with the mobile phone they simply hand the mobile phone to their local mobile repair shop for repairs, where their are hardly any qualified technicians available.

So don't expect any warranty on Chinese handsets. No doubt some Chinese handsets are great in performance but warranty problem is the biggest issue with them.

Regards.

Edited by Honest

You cant get every thing. Warranty cost company, so prices are so high. These phones (Chinese) cost almost 1/2 or 1/3 the branded one. You pay 3-4 time in branded yet you do not get 2 batteris, 2 chargers etc. So its better to throw away phone than having warranty.

Where can I buy the "Chinese" phones (CDMA) in Mumbai? I am interested in buying one.

Edited by Harshal

^^^

@Harshal

My dear friend, Manish Market is the hot spot for all these chinese stuffs. You will get the phone of your choice their.

Regards.

Is chinese phones also available in bangalore? If yes where?

kshah: To buy from this chinese mobile , I just have to place an order online correct?

Is chinese phones also available in bangalore? If yes where?

kshah: To buy from this chinese mobile , I just have to place an order online correct?

In ahmedabd it is available in mobile market. Must be available in bangalore. Its better to pay little more to local guy than inporting.