Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
mr.sanjeev

Iphone Re-unlock Issue

:help:

Hetal Boss here is problem.

I connected my iphone with itune 7.5 to upload songs in the iphone. But accidentally it gets updated with iphone new version firmware 1.1.2 when I connect it with itune software and it was previously having firmware version 1.1.1. I have managed to downgrade it to 1.1.1 again but now my iPhone is locked and not accepting my airtel card.

I followed few steps from the following link and get stuck on 8th step as there is no icon on my home screen

http://www.iphonesimfree.com/cgi-bin/iphon...ne.pl?page=home

1. On the Activation Screen, slide ro the Emergency Screen.

2. Type *#307# and hit Call, the phone will start ringing and diplay 1 Calling.

3. Delete all the numbers from the top right of the screen and Call the number 0.

4. Press Answer, Hold and then Decline.

5. Go to Contacts and create a contact. In the Url field type prefs://1f and save it. Then add another URL and type jailbreakme.com and save it.

6. Click on the prefs://1f and you can select your WiFi network. Exit by pressing home and then Dial and Call the number 0 from the emergency screen.

7. Select the second URL called jailbreakme.com of the contact you created and and follow the Install AppSnapp. Wait for it to finish and reboot the phone when its done.

8. Now AppTapp is on your Home Screen so you can install SimFree v1.7 directly on the phone.

9. In Sources press Edit, Add, and type in http://tinyurl.com/2qxpe6 . Accept the AppTapp installer message and it will show iPhoneSimFree on your Install list.

10. After that you must install from the System tab the BSD Subsystem and then SimFree v1.7 from the iPhoneSimFree tab.

11. You should now Go to the phone Settings application and in General - AutoLock, select Never you can now run SimFree v1.7. Its that easy!

No i have no idea how to go about it. If you need any further information on the same please let me know.

Please help.........

one more thing dear, i am able to use all the installed software on this phone and can surf internet with the help of my wifi on safari.

Your phone is bricked my dear friend !

Anyone out there can help me Please, as I have followed the instructions from following site several time to unlock the iPhone and I am able to unlock the phone but after unloak I am getting a message that :

"Incorrect SIM"

The iPhone must be used with an approved SIM.

http://www.hacktheiphone.com/111/iphone_step_1.html

http://www.hacktheiphone.com/111/iphone_step_1_1.html

:help:

Your phone is bricked my dear friend !

any solution for it? If you know please let me know.

If you have upgraded the phone to 1.1.2 from 1.1.1 then you should be able to downgrade without problems. I am not sure whether firmware update 1.1.2 does brick the iPhone. My understanding was firmware 1.1.1 only does brick the iPhone. I think you should be safe

If you had unlocked the phone and applied the firmware upgrade 1.1.1 then this happens.

There is no immediate solution available to overcome this issue. You may need to wait until Apple comes out of the contract with AT & T which may run for few years or iPhone hackers to find out a way to UNBrick all bricked iPhones.

There are quite a few people out there who have similar problems but without solutions.

The scary thing is I am getting an unlocked iPhone soon and I am not sure which firmware it has!

Edited by Ramchi

Frankly, though I phone is said to be iconic handset, after reliance experience (CDMA) I am fed up of any phones which are locked in any ways. They are just waste of money, time and resources. I will never buy such handsets. They are not giving free that they are locked. Nor they are offering at 1/4 the cost.

Guys Great New!!! I have managed to unlock my iPhone. I received great help from "Hetal & Sadik". They are really great guys.

I managed to unlock my bricked iphone again by the following steps:

1. To Downgrade iPhone Firmware 1.1.1 from Firmware 1.1.2 by download iBricker from following path: http://ibrickr.com/downloads/ibrickr_v0.91.zip
  2. Now reboot you phone with the help of iBricker.
  3. Reset your phone with Home + Power button to restore Firmware 1.1.1
  4. Now Bypass activation and prepare phone for software installation
  5. Now to "Virginize" an unlocked phone before update to 1.1.1
  6. Now install the BB downgrede 1.1.2 from "Unlocking Tool"
  7. Again restore the Firmware 1.1.1
  8. Now Bypass activation and prepare phone for software installation
  9. Install BSD Subsystem from System
  10. Install OpenSSH from System
  11. Now Unlock the SIM-lock
  12. Now install AnySim
  13. Run AnySim

Enjoy!!!

If anyone out there having same issue, follow these steps to unlock iPhone. Please contact me if u have any problem.

Edited by mr.sanjeev

Frankly, though I phone is said to be iconic handset, after reliance experience (CDMA) I am fed up of any phones which are locked in any ways. They are just waste of money, time and resources. I will never buy such handsets. They are not giving free that they are locked. Nor they are offering at 1/4 the cost.

Dear, I am agree with you but this phone is really a cool plastic piece which i want to keep in my hand. Try it, i am sure you would love it.

If you have upgraded the phone to 1.1.2 from 1.1.1 then you should be able to downgrade without problems. I am not sure whether firmware update 1.1.2 does brick the iPhone. My understanding was firmware 1.1.1 only does brick the iPhone. I think you should be safe

If you had unlocked the phone and applied the firmware upgrade 1.1.1 then this happens.

There is no immediate solution available to overcome this issue. You may need to wait until Apple comes out of the contract with AT & T which may run for few years or iPhone hackers to find out a way to UNBrick all bricked iPhones.

There are quite a few people out there who have similar problems but without solutions.

The scary thing is I am getting an unlocked iPhone soon and I am not sure which firmware it has!

Now my phone is unlock. If any one in your circule having same issue, please tell him these steps. If my help is required i m there to help.

Thanks Dear!

Mr Sanjeev,

As I suspected your phone is not Bricked instead you have not properly unlocked your iPhone.

No one has ever made a Bricked iPhone to work so far my knowledge goes.

Anyways, good luck!

Majority People Upgrade to 1.1.2 then again Downgrade it to 1.1.1 but If the Modem is Upgraded it does not get downgrade

so we have to Install the Sec Pack and Erase the Baseband (Modem Firmware) and then again reflash if with out own Version.

So Verginiser can do that, it can Erase the Baseband with Relevant SecPack (Certificate Key to Enter into Erasing Mode) and Again Patch the Baseband with 3.02 Version.

1.1.1 is Best Firmware to Unlock and use and its more stable also.

1.1.2 is Best but Upgrading and Unlocking is Headache.

I Request evry body to go for 1.1.1 with Baseband Version 4.01

BaseBand is Very Important to Notice some to Running AnySIM for 2 Consecutive Time ERASES Baseband so no Phone and WiFi Access after that. (Of couse we can again Reflash whole 1.1.1 to get RID of that)

Edited by hetaldp

HEY,

i want to buy an IPHONE here in india.

Please tell me the best price i can get it and from where?

Please sms ,pm or email me at rahujas@yahoo.com

Thanks

^^^

Better buy a N95 and be free from any of the future bricking worries.

Better wait for the official launch of Iphone in India its not too far now i think would be officially avlb within 7 months

this is to acknowledge help from Hetal... always to the rescue...

also mr sanjeev... thx to your post and a point in the right direction...

however i feel there is one thing u forgot to mention... the need to download the firmware 1.1.1 before anything else...

this is to acknowledge help from Hetal... always to the rescue...

also mr sanjeev... thx to your post and a point in the right direction...

however i feel there is one thing u forgot to mention... the need to download the firmware 1.1.1 before anything else...

good comment Dj. Thanks

anyway, if any one having same issue, i m ready to guide them.

Edited by mr.sanjeev

Whether anyone has Turbo SIM in India?

Looks like iPhone OTB(Out Of the Box) 1.1.2 Firmware is uncrackable (I mean the Bootloader 4.6) !!!! So far no one has succeeded in doing so meanwhile I have this expensive monster sitting in my hands without any use!!!! I would not mind spending another INR 1K or 2K on Turbi SIM which is the ONLY proven solution available so far.

Edited by Ramchi

has anyone cracked version 1.1.2 as yet ?

Not yet and it doesnt seem to be any soon.

So, any potential iPhone buyers STAY AWAY from iPhone for another 5 years!!!!!

It will be a sheer waste of money to buy an equipment where you wont have warranty, potentially gets bricked, non immediate unlock solution, frequent Firware updates and VERY EXPENSIVE ----MHO - NOT WORTH IT!!!

Steps for SSH Login on iPhone

Step 1.

Using Installer.app install the following Applications to your iPhone:

Launcher

OpenSSH

BSD Subsystem

Mobile Finder

Step 2.

Download WinSCP File Downloads for free at the following link:

http://winscp.net/download/winscp406.exe

Step 3.

Connect wifi on iPhone.

Step 4.

Get your iPhone's IP address, go to:

Settings > Wi-Fi

Click the little Blue Arrow next to your wireless access point (default, linksys, etc.)

Step 5.

Connect your iPhone to your computer with the USB Cable.

Open up WinSCP

Host Name : <your iPhone IP>

Port : 22

For your username / pass use the following:

username: root

password: dottie

or

password: alpine

Now press connect, and let it connect to your iPhone.

Peace!

Hello Hetal,

Can you assist me in unlocking an iphone purchased in USA?

Let me know the charges as well.

Rgds,

Rex