Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rbdhoot

Guide For Using Lcd Monitor As Tv

Any one using LCD Monitor with TV-TUNER as regular TV ? Hows the experience ? Which will be the best monitor ? Should I go for WIDE LCD Monitor ?

Thanks in advance.

@rbdhoot

My dear friend you can go for Viewsonic 22" LCD monitor avaialble approximately at Rs.18,000/- with Ipod Dock, 4 USB Ports, Card Readers, Inbuilt Speakers with Woofer. Its performance is wonderful. I'm using the same. I had purchased it when it was launched for Rs.28,000/-. Its like a one time investment.

Regards.

Can u tell us the Viewsonic 22" model pls? or may be a link to their website.

Can u tell us the Viewsonic 22" model pls? or may be a link to their website.

@mukesh goel

My dear friend its 22" Viewsonic VX2245WM. Its performance is rocking. It was the first monitor with Ipod dock when launched in India. Moreover it is DVI compatible and comes with a DVI cable. Its true resolution is 1680 x 1050.

Features of ViewDock :

The VX ViewDock comes with the following advanced features:

• 4-port USB 2.0 hub (USB 1.1 compatible)

• 8-in-1 card reader (SD, MMC, MS, MS Pro, CF I & II, MD, SMC)

• 3-watt subwoofer support

• iPod docking & charging

• Headphone jack and built-in microphone

And the link is :

Viewsonic VX2245WM 22" LCD Monitor

Regards.

post-8210-1197144576_thumb.jpg

post-8210-1197144874_thumb.jpg

post-8210-1197145138_thumb.jpg

Thanks. That looks a great lcd monitor.

Even I am tempted to change my Sony 17" LCD which itself is actually great and I have logitech 2.1. :winko:

I read an article about Viewsonic quality issues and warranty problem and something wrong about dead pixels policy. People who bought Viewsonic suggested that one should not buy Viewsonic as they were kept waiting for 2 months for the repair/replacement. So, just scared of the brand.

I understand that if you don't need their service, they have the best product line.

I think, to use LCD as TV better to go for a product which does not have anything extra, (which costs less)

But in the meantime since these monitors has high resolution and our broadcast image resolution is not so good. Anyone had a chance to compare the picture quality by comparing sideby side with an LCD TV?

For TV you have to buy a minitor which has a good contrast ratio.

If you able to Get this from US it will be very cheap.(But I donot know about customs related to issue)

Is TATA Sky reciever has an option to connect to the monitor directly?

Edited by ss_rakesh

In bangalore 22" monitors starts from 15k (viewsonic and acer)

there is a difference in aspect ratio of the broadcast image and monitor aspect ratio,

So when you stretch image it will look very bad in LCD,

Wide screen LCD is very good to watch DVD movies, not sure about TV :(

Edited by ss_rakesh

In bangalore 22" monitors starts from 15k (viewsonic and acer)

@ss rakesh

MY dear friend, these 22" monitors must be without Ipod dock which includes 4 usb ports, 8in1 card reader and woofers.

@mukeshgoel

My dear friend, this viewsonic model is also available without Ipod dock, which will cost nearly 1500/- less. And the after sales service is not an issue with Viewsonic.

Regards.

Thanks for all the wonderful replies.

I think, to use LCD as TV better to go for a product which does not have anything extra, (which costs less)

But in the meantime since these monitors has high resolution and our broadcast image resolution is not so good. Anyone had a chance to compare the picture quality by comparing sideby side with an LCD TV?

For TV you have to buy a minitor which has a good contrast ratio.

If you able to Get this from US it will be very cheap.(But I donot know about customs related to issue)

Is TATA Sky reciever has an option to connect to the monitor directly?

Please let me know wheter the picture quality be good as compared to a regular tv ?? Any one using lcd monitor with TV TUNER ?

Please let me know wheter the picture quality be good as compared to a regular tv ?? Any one using lcd monitor with TV TUNER ?

@rbdhoot

My dear friend, I myself is using my lcd monitor with TV Tuner. The performance is very good without any aspect ratio problem.

Regards.

i think we sud discuss the price with respect to

1. size of monitor

2. contrast ratio

3. response time

4.Maximum Display Resolution (dpi)

if u go for a very low contrast tratio u get monitors for a throw away prices and will be disappointed with display

i think comparision of brands must be made keeping these aspects in mind rather than a brand as a whole

srikanth

Thanks 4 the replies

@rbdhoot

My dear friend, I myself is using my lcd monitor with TV Tuner. The performance is very good without any aspect ratio problem.

Regards.

Which TV Tuner are you using ???

Which TV Tuner are you using ???

Its PINNACLE my dear friend.

Regards.

rbdhoot- are you looking for computer less solution?

hetaldp- I was not able to find specification for the DishTV with PC Interface .

I think the connection to monitor is still as like a standard PC (from integrated or a seperate graphics card), is that correct?

How is their service now? as bad as earlier?

^^^

Set top Box having two port VGA in(used to connect with CPU VGA Out) and VGA Out (Used to connect with Monitor). Rest switching between PC and monitor controlled by Set top Box.

Service is good except customer support. customer support has also improved but still needs more improvement.

Yes I am not willing to install a pc right now. May be later.

Then go for Dish TV VGA Set top Box having connectivity with computer but you are not forced to connect computer. Its your choice.

Yes I am not willing to install a pc right now. May be later.