Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
milind2517

Serial Port Connection For Bluetooth Dongle..

Hey friends is anybody able to make serial port connection with Nokia 2865 And any bluetooth dongle.

I have Blue soleil as well i just tried with widcomm. not able to make connection port connection with any of them. it goes to connecting mode and then results in connection failed. Has anybody worked on the same issue?

1) Have you switched on bluetooth on your phone?

2) Have you "Searched" from your PC for "Avaialble bluetooth devices" after installing the dongle?

:Riendo::Riendo::Riendo:

^^^

Its only the Serial connection that i am not able to make. Rest i am able to connect. Like File transfer, Dial up networking etc. On both the dongles. When i attempt serial port connection it goes on connecting mode wihich later fails.

^^^

My dear friend, it might be possible that your phone does not support serial port connection.

You can check for the SPP Profile in the Bluetooth's settings menu of your phone.

Regards.

^^^

Thanks for the update, but i dont think so that would be the problem, Bcoz if the handset does not supports Serail port connection it clearly gives an error saying this phone does not support serial port connection. I have just checked with N70m.

any way can u tell me how to check SPP profile in 2865. I have checked all the settings in phone.

^^^

@milind gujar

Well, my dear friend, I'm not sure about 2865 but in many phones the profile settings are available in the "About" column of blutooth menu. In "About" column you can see all the services which your phone support. For example : Handsfree Profile, Headset Profile, SPP Profile, DUN Profile, OPP Profile, FTP Profile, etc.

Regards.