Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Arun

Tata Indicom Wimax Broadband Launched In Bangalore !

VSNL / TATA Communications has launched its WiMAX services for consumers in Bangalore this week. Even though the branding is yet to be done, it will be known as TATA Indicom WiMAX broadband service for now. Bookings have started this week and installations will start from Monday. Reliance WiMAX had lot of issues when they started, but VSNL claims that they have done extensive testing like about more than a year and they have been providing WiMAX services to their corporate customers till now. They claim to have more than double base stations installed in Bangalore than Reliance. With the help of more base stations, they will be able to handle more requests, so lesser DHCP issues probably. TATA Indicom broadband (wireline) had frequent disconnection problems because of last mile overhead connectivity in Bangalore and other big cities. WiMAX should resolve this problem. So some tough competition for Reliance WiMAX now !

The plans available are the same as TATA Indicom broadband plans, but plans with 256 kbps and above only. All prices are inclusive of taxes and all plans have unlimited data transfer.

-----

Pre Paid:

Power On & On 3-256 - 256 Kbps - Rs 3203 - 3 Months validity - Installation - Rs 562

Power On & On 6-256 - 256 Kbps - Rs 6068 - 6 Months validity - Installation free

Power On & On 3-512 - 512 Kbps - Rs 5933 - 3 Months validity - Installation free

Power On & On 6-512 - 512 Kbps - Rs 11,192 - 6 Months validity - Installation free

In the special launch offer, you get 3 months extra validity for any plan !

------

------

Post Paid:

256 Kbps - Rs 1124 per month

512 Kbps - Rs 2079 per month

1 Mbps - Rs 4045 per month

In the special launch offer, apply for 4 months in advance and get 2 months extra free and security deposit (Rs.1000) and installation charge (Rs.1000) waived off.

-----

I'm not sure if the launch offer is limited (I heard for the first 3000 connections). The launch offer does look good, which is like Rs.500 + tax for 256 kbps unlimited data transfer per month. It is risky to apply for 3/4 months in advance, but they did promise me that they would refund (pro-rated) if I can cancel in between. I have applied for the connection yesterday and hope to get it by next weekend. Will post an update once it is ready !

Hope VSNL will do a Good Show as Reliance already had proved that they are not good in wimax.

I had applied Reliance wimax connection 3 months back till now not yet got the connection

Just incase anyone from Bangalore is looking to apply, you can contact Mr.Narasimha on: 09243430014

^^^

One more digit is missing in the Indicom number posted.

Hope they launch the wimax broadband in calcutta also asap.. its high time now

^^^

One more digit is missing in the Indicom number posted.

Corrected now. Thanks for pointing it out.

Hey arun where are you from in blore?Is it available allover the city?

JP Nagar I Phase. I think it is all over Bangalore as they have installed around 125 base stations.

^^^

But the tariffs seems to be costly my dear friends.

Regards.

@Honest:

1000 bucks for a 256 kbps unlimited connection is normal these days. BSNL is only a little lower at Rs.900 for that plan. But I guess as per the special launch offfer plan, it comes at Rs.500 per month only as Arun mentioned.

^^^

@Nirvana

I 100% agreed to your point my dear friend. But still I think that the plans are costly. Now a days 256 kbps is nothing compared to the higher speeds availability.

But something is better then nothing. Obviously their will be many takers of these plans.

Lets hope for the tariffs to be reduce soon.

Regards.

Now a days 256 kbps is nothing compared to the higher speeds availability.

Having a "24x7 unlimited" connection is nothing compared to a connection with 2.5 GB data transfer limit per month too. Or do you know any 24x7 unlimited plan which costs lesser ?

But should have offered 256kbps untd at ~Rs.750(like new Airtel Offer).

Or 512kbps unltd @ ~Rs.1200

Today a wired 256 kbps connection costs around Rs 1000/month so this Tata wimax plans are not costly at all .. wireless connection of 256 kbps at Rs 1100/month is value for money IMHO

Just waiting for Tata's green signal for this service in Calcutta .. will grab it the day its avlb in calcutta

@shashank

Yes buddy you are right, it should be near about Rs.750/-.

I'm not saying that TATA is looting customers. What I said is that these plans must be available with lower rates.

By the way Reliance is providing the 300 kbps @ Rs.999/- for unlimited usage.

Regards.

Edited by Honest

Though reliance is offering 300kbps@999,many complaints that they only get ~200-250kbps with frequent downtimes.

300kbps is just a marketing gimmick!

^^^

@shashank

My dear friend, now a days the complaints against Reliance broadnet reduced a lot. No frequent downtimes at all.

And actually the 300 kbps is not a marketing gimmick. They are charging for 256 kbps and providing the extra 44 kbps as the bonus bandwidth to their customers.

Regards.

@Honest:

That is right. Reliance BroadNet (wireline) service has been quite good at my place in Trivandrum. Even though the extra 44 kbps does sound like a marketting ploy, those speeds are achievable and constant.

BTW, as per the Special Launch offer of VSNL WiMAX, it comes to Rs.500 + tax per month only for 256 kbps unlimited data transfer if you apply for 3 months, hope you had noticed that.

BTW, as per the Special Launch offer of VSNL WiMAX, it comes to Rs.500 + tax per month only for 256 kbps unlimited data transfer if you apply for 3 months, hope you had noticed that.

@Arun

Yes my dear friend, I too noticed the same. I'm not saying that TATA wimax is not good. TATA is really good. I'm not against TATA at all.

Obviously with applying for 3 months offer is sure to be the best.

But still I think that the tariffs should be around 750/- or 800/- for other providers.

Regards.

Hello shashank,

AFAIK Airtel 256kbps unlimited is Rs.999

Where did you get this surprising information?

:NOTriste::NOTriste::NOTriste:

Its unlimited 128 kbps which is at Rs. 750 in Airtel

Edited by kesav

^^Dude from which city are you from?Airtel had an offer till 21st Dec in bangalore and few other places.They were offering 384kbps @ Rs.999 and 256Kbps @ Rs.750. It was not automatic,we had to can CC to migrate to new tariff! Good that i have done it by 21st :clap:

BTW all are unlimited plans :clap1:

Edited by shashank

^^Dude from which city are you from?Airtel had an offer till 21st Dec in bangalore and few other places.They were offering 384kbps @ Rs.999 and 256Kbps @ Rs.750. It was not automatic,we had to can CC to migrate to new tariff! Good that i have done it by 21st :clap:

BTW all are unlimited plans :clap1:

If its so then you're really really lucky.

I too from Bangalore but never ever heard of this offer.

:confuse::confuse:

If anyone got the working connection(TATA Fixed Wimax) in Bangalore,

Kindly post the feedback.

Installations will start from today or Wednesday is what I heard, hope my connection will be done by this weekend or early next week. Within 10 - 12 days is what they said. BTW, the spaecial launch offer is open until December 31, 2007.

I just got the telephone verification call where they asked for some details for verification. They also said they might come tomorrow for installation but since I am not in Bangalore now, I asked them to come on Monday. They will confirm the installation date tomorrow.

Hi all

We are facilitating VSNL Wimax connection in Bangalore

Call us on 080 65992799 (Tata)

99405 46405 (Airtel)

98867 67690 (Hutch)

93433 78853 (Reliance)

or email us at vsnl.wimax@qservsolutions.com