Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
coolrajiv

Mobile Players Battle It Out Over Tariff Cut

Source - http://www.telegraphindia.com/1080103/jsp/...ory_8736730.jsp

Mobile players battle it out over tariff cut

Mumbai, Jan. 2: The mobile tariff war has erupted again.

Airtel today slashed its local outgoing call rates for its 40 million pre-paid customers to a flat Rs 1 per minute. Within minutes, Reliance Communications pared its outgoing call rate for for its pre-paid subscribers to 99 paise a minute in a battle of oneupmanship.

The Airtel rate cut comes into effect from tomorrow.

All outgoing calls made by Airtel prepaid mobile customers to any Airtel mobile, another mobile network in the same circle or a local landline will cost Re 1 a minute. Currently, Airtel prepaid subscribers are charged Rs 1.20 per minute for outgoing calls.

The benefit will be extended to post-paid customers by next week, said an Airtel spokesperson.

At present, Airtel post-paid customers under the Rs 99 and Rs 150 tariff plans are also billed at Rs 1.20 per minute for outgoing calls. Reliance slashed outgoing local call rates for pre-paid subscribers from Rs 1.99 and Rs 1.79 under two different plans to a uniform 99 paise per minute.

The company also announced the launch of special tariff vouchers of Rs 33 a month and Rs 49 a month, which would enable a subscriber to make local calls to Reliance numbers for 33 paise and other local calls for 49 paise per minute.

Pre-paid users form bulk of the Indian mobile market and account for over 80 per cent of the subscriber base of both the companies.

Bharti currently has a subscriber base of about 52 million, while Reliance has about 39 million subscribers.

Unveiling the new tariff, S.P. Shukla, president, personal business, Reliance Communications, said, “We have always led the market in offering the best calling rates to our subscribers. Our new tariff structure is unique in the way that it appeals to all users. We will charge 99 paise to any phone within the circle; heavy users will get to pay as low as 33 paise a minute.”

The Reliance call rates will come into effect in the next 48 hours. The Airtel tariff change, however, is not applicable to the Airtel 495 Lifetime pre-paid customers and other customers enjoying special benefits such as Happy Recharge.

“This initiative marks our strategic intent to simplify tariff and differentiate ourselves in a market already cluttered with multiple tariff plans. Going forward, we will continue to explore innovative and affordable tariff options that are aimed to speed up growth, enhance customer value and significantly contribute towards increasing market and revenue share in the future,” said Sanjay Kapoor, president — mobile services, Airtel.

^^^

My dear friends, in the end, only we, the customers will be benefitted.

Regards.

why prepaid customers are always benifitted . . . why does postpiad customers pay the fine!

why prepaid customers are always benifitted . . . why does postpiad customers pay the fine!

Any new postpaid plans in RIM (apart from My Plan)??? or a :Contento: ny reductions in tariff

@ Dear Akshat, Thn why dont You shift to 'Pre-Paid", we are always benefited Coz we are paying IN-ADVANCE.

@ Dear Akshat, Thn why dont You shift to 'Pre-Paid", we are always benefited Coz we are paying IN-ADVANCE.

Any how, after a long study, I shifted to prepaid

well there are several problems i nprepaid , as prepaid and postpaid both have pros and cons, the biggest loss in prepad is that u cant get the detail of called nos. nad usage is free upto credit limit

^^^

@akshat

Yes my dear friend, you are 100% right that prepaid and postpaid both have pros and cons. Only loss in postpaid is the monthly commitment. In postpaid we have to commit for certain amount payable every month regardless to our usage, may we use it or not.

And in prepaid we can topup according to our needs.

Regards.

Nothing special in these tariffs.

All are just mimic of TATA's tariff(including 49 paise and 33 paise goof-up) in some or other way.

These moves by incompetent operators vindicates that TATA stands tall when it comes to tariff and service.

Only special thing to note in these announcement is regarding slashing of local M-L tariff (1.99 to 0.99(Reliance) and 1.99 to 1(Airtel)).

This will help people to call landlines without worrying about tariff.

Reliance slashed outgoing local call rates for pre-paid subscribers from Rs 1.99 and Rs 1.79 under two different plans to a uniform 99 paise per minute.
All outgoing calls made by Airtel prepaid mobile customers to any Airtel mobile, another mobile network in the same circle or a local landline will cost Re 1 a minute

Currently TATA's M-L tariff stand at 1.50. I sincerely hope that TATA will regain its supremacy with better tariff.

I think it all depends on your usage what mode of of a mobile connection should you have. But i believe that pre-paid proves to be a bit more costlier than post paid for havy users. (but if the post paid plan is not chosen wisely then it can prove to be more costlier than a satellite phone :Riendo: ).

I m never comfortable with pre paids as i always have this fear that its calling value may finish at the time when i'll need it the most. Specially while roaming.

But, My dear friend, Post-paid subscribers enjoy some goodies which the prepaid customers don't get. Like call conferencing and international roaming. Prepaid customers can do wap only while the postpaid customers can use their phone for full internet access on mobile and /or PC.

Postpaid customers can have every details of the calls they make and also send SMS through web.

When you are abroad, send SMS through web and receive reply on phone for free. By this way one can save much.

Reliance slashed outgoing local call rates for pre-paid subscribers from Rs 1.99 and Rs 1.79 under two different plans to a uniform 99 paise per minute.
All outgoing calls made by Airtel prepaid mobile customers to any Airtel mobile, another mobile network in the same circle or a local landline will cost Re 1 a minute

Currently TATA's M-L tariff stand at 1.50. I sincerely hope that TATA will regain its supremacy with better tariff.

The plan I use on TATA is Business Silver, which has 50p/min for any local mobile,Re1/min for any Landline. It has rent of Rs.224 in which it offers free talk value of Rs150.

So, if I make mobile calls only, I can call upto 300mins or 5hrs in a month to local mobile subscribers. I use Rs.75 addon, which makes my local TATA calls (both mobile and Walky) totally free. This makes my Rs 150 balance usable to make calls to subscribers of other operators (we have 6 others here- RIM,Reliance Smart,BSNL,Vodafone,AirTel & Aircel) without any worry for the bill.

Dear Friends

This is in response to TATA new scheme that all new connection will enjoy

local offnet calls at 50 paisa and TATA call 20 paisa for one year

Older TATA phone have this facility at 60 Rs STV

Source - http://www.techtree.com/India/News/Airtel_...-86130-613.html

Airtel Re 1 Offer for All Prepaid

Airtel has extended its offer of Re 1 per minute for local calls to all prepaid lifetime customers.

With this, all Airtel prepaid lifetime customers -- both new as well as existing ones -- will be charged Re 1 for every local call. Existing customers on other plans, whose tariff is more than Re 1 per minute will be automatically migrated to the revised tariff of Re 1 per minute.

Earlier this month, Airtel had announced its Re 1 per minute offer only for its Rs 495 lifetime prepaid customers. But now, all prepaid lifetime customers can enjoy the Re 1 call rate.

In addition, Airtel has introduced full talk time (less service tax) on all subsequent recharges for its lifetime customers.

Recently, the company had launched super lifetime validity recharge at Rs 999, which had the USP of Re 1 for all local calls. Now, the same proposition will be made available for recharge at Rs 495, resulting in savings of Rs 504.

Airtel believes that reducing entry-level costs and ongoing spends in the telecom sector will break all barriers, and further expand the market.

Features of Airtel's revised lifetime offering are: Lifetime prepaid card for MRP of Rs 495; full talk time (less service tax) on all subsequent recharges; lifetime validity; local SMS and calls for Re 1; and STD SMS and calls for Rs 2 and Rs 2.65 respectively.

Meanwhile, Airtel is making available to its customers two special discount packs. Whereby customers can get local call rates of 50p to any mobile for a monthly rental of Rs 48, else they can get call rates of 50p to any local number and STD calls at Re 1 for a monthly rental of Rs 90.

^^^

The last STV voucher of Rs 90 should ring alarm bells for RCOM. They do not have any offering in this segment. Their STV 49 offers all local calls at re0.49 pm and onnet calls at Re 0.33 pm but STD calls remain still prohibitively priced at Rs 2.99 for LT and Rs 2.65 for other customers.

I think nowadays it is making more sense to be in prepaid than postpaid, no headache from billing problems

^^^

My dear friends, as of now when Airtel has reduced its call rates for 495/- lifetime subscribers also. Hopes that the biggest looter Vodafone must also follow the suite.

Regards.