Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Arun

New numbering scheme Expected in a Month

Guys, check Rworld -> New arrivals -> All about 93. It's sure now that the numbers r going to change. But when? They r saying it'll happen in batches. Has any1 received SMS for new number? U can chk ur new number too. But it says no change as for now for me. Tell me ur feedbacks

"All about 93" is gone!!!! :o

Y'day I was able to access the menu in R-world arround 11 o'clk @night. Today it's not there. There were some FAQs, address book conversion utility, new number chk utility. All is gone now.

I remember, on that page, the scrolling header was present. It was something written there that this app is devloped for testing purpose or something....

:clap::D;)

There were some FAQs, address book conversion utility, new number chk utility.

Sounds interesting! :clap:

So probably,

93 all over india

followed by three digit std code of your area

and last 5 digits

93XXXYYYYY

XXX-three digit std code without 0

YYYYY-your last 5 digit present reliance mobile no.

Check out....

R-World

NewArrivals

ALL ABOUT 93

1.Get93Number

1.My New NUMBER

2. By Number

3. By Phone book

2.93 Help

wish they had the details on their site ... i keep getting a message saying "incorrect server id! " ... :)

Reliance is beginning to migrate to 10 digit numbering scheme.

The new numbers would be of the format: 93xxx xxxxx

Last five digits of an exisiting number will be retained in the new number.

Users will be notified through SMS of the changed number.

For More Info:

RWorld -> New Arrivals -> All About 93

Tata has already started the migration by informing its subsrcibers.

Veer.

http://www.blogstreet.com/

Blog Profiles, RSS Ecosystem, Blog Tops, Search and Directory

It was there for me temporarily too.

I then called *333 and they told me this was one of RIL's future plans.

Does this mean they aint gonna implement it quick? -_-

It will be slow and steady, Reliance doesnt wants to take it's users for another rough ride.

This will happen in a phased manner, area wise so that the new numbers will be effective without much confusion.

Customer care numbers and other activation numbers won't change.

The old numbers will work for 15-30 days along with the new numbers.

Let's hope the transformation takes place in a smooth manner.

The 'All about 93' option was available only for a few hours (also many other new options like: 'Instant Chat', ''Video Messages', 'Auctions', 'RIM Employee DIR', were there for some time. But it was removed later. I went through all options in 'All about 93', and and as far as I remember, it had information about an application for automatically converting RIM numbers stored in your handset to the new numbering format. Then, you will be notified by SMS if you call the old format number. For a period of 3 weeks, the calls you make to the old numbering format will be diverted to the new number. After that period, you will get voice reply that the number has been changed. You can get premium numbers too. The last 5 digits will be retained but not in all cases. You will need STD facility to have roaming. You will be notified by SMS about your new number 1 week before it is going to change and the day on which the number changes, you will get another confirmation message. The changeover to the new number will be done in batches. Well thats all i can remember :P

ur rite arun ... the phone book updation facility seems to be a smart move ... it'll save us so much time ... but i have a feeling all this is going to happen after june 30th ... ppl will then be forced to use R world ! ;) dont know what 2230 owners will do ! and according to the info that was given, uploading takes an average of 3-5 mins and the same goes for downloading the updated phonebook ... but considering the rush at that time ... :P

well.. i ve asked the reliance customer care centre. and they are still saying that it might take something like a month for us to get no's starting with "93........" .They have been promising this thing the last i remember from Feb04,. then may be we can too connect yahoo messenger to our phones to be online with "i am on sms" thing.. coz now we get an error when we register our mobile to yahoo ..

then may be we can too connect yahoo messenger to our phones to be online with "i am on sms" thing.. coz now we get an error when we register our mobile to yahoo ..

Thts only because Reliance IndiaMobile hasn't parterned with Yahoo as yet, whereas Reliance Telecom (GSM) has! For more on this click here

Hi Friends!

last week i was surprised to see 10 digit number migration service at Rworld.

All the existing numbers will be migrated to 10 digit with 93 as prefix.

But again there may be duplicate numbers across india, since they are called with STD code at present. you have to check for the availability of your current number during migration. And aslo there was a facility to find the changed number by typing old number.

I tried to change my number, bud didn't work

I called the customer support and complained that i could not change my no.

he said " Sorry sir, it was under testing and accidentally got uploaded into R-world

so, Please ignore it"

So Guys Be prepared to get 93 as prefix but no guarantee that you will get ur current number.

Happy Worrying :P

If U have the app still in Ur mobile can U give the url/link to that so that we can add it to our favorites and check it out?

the link had popped in my phone in rworld, but i think almost 3 weeks back, i had notified the forum about it, but it was put in the night and was removed next day in the morning, and that time too it didnt work

so when can we expect this to happen?

When TRI will threat them to impose a penality they will make the new number within 24 hours applicatble till that we they will test it !!!!

When TRI  will threat them to impose a penality they will make the new number within 24 hours applicatble till that we they will test it !!!!

:)

I think reliance is putting some pressure on TRAI so its getting away scot free.Anyway when the other operators give them a wake up call they will put pressure on reliance then t will implement it

Nothing todo with TRAI at this stage...Reliance wants the migration to 10 digit happen smoothly without any glitch...so trials are going on...wait for some more time........

But can some 1 please throw light that right now if u want to call up rim, frm Virar or Kalyan u can directly dial eight digit no. after 95 series but after 10 digit no. of rim will it be possible to dial rim no frm that areas without STD facility???

Please help? :rolleyes:

hey guys, once there is number change of reliance thats when they start 93 series in wont be possible to call by 95series from a normal phone. then it would be like normal cell phone only. So from virar u have to dial 093..... then only it will be possible. but do find out from BSNL b`coz now a day u can call MTNL mobiles(DOLPHIN) directly from vasai-virar. sp find ouit from BSNL will it be possible,