Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Vishal Gupta

Backing Up Phone Book

Guys!

I'll tell u how to backup ur phone book using bitpim?

Open file structure of the phone using Bitpim.

Backup "index.dat" file along with "phonebook.dat" (Remember both files).

Because I made an experiment.

I backed up both files and deleted index.dat file.

When I restarted my phone and opened phone book, there was nothing, it was empty.

When I restored index.dat file, the entries came back in phone book.

So backup both files.

Hi Vishal,

I have successfully downloaded the index.dat and the phonebook.dat files. Now how do I read those files in some spreadsheet format? ;)

Regards,

chaitanya.

Hi

If u wish to get ur phonebook in a excel spreadsheet, then download LG PC-Sync, and after connecting the phone, select export as ... if it is the older version then export as .csv, (Comma Seperated Values)

Then in EXCEL , import the CSV, thatz simple.

Cheers

Ashok

Pls read this topic:

Pc Sync For Lg Phones

Vishal, Can you tell me after backup of phonebook, how can I upload in 7135 PDA? (Which is coming soon in my hand)

Even i found on Rworld that "Phonebook Transfer" I can Upload from my current 2030, But can I able to download it from 7135 PDA? (I don't think so) If there is a way then let me know.

Pls read this topic:

Pc Sync For Lg Phones

Vishal, Can you tell me after backup of phonebook, how can I upload in 7135 PDA? (Which is coming soon in my hand)

Even i found on Rworld that "Phonebook Transfer" I can Upload from my current 2030, But can I able to download it from 7135 PDA? (I don't think so) If there is a way then let me know.

The simplest way to restore phone book in 2 non comapatible phones is that get the phone book in your computer through the software provided for that phone and then import that phone book in the software provided for the newer phone. What I mean to say is you can take backup of your LG RD 2030 using LG-Sync software and then get it imported in the software for your PDA and then upload it to your PDA

Regards

Vishal

Edited by vishal

where i will get that LG-Sync software?

Edited by deadman