Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Captain Minus

Motorola V9m - Reliance Logo On Outer Lcd When Flap Is Open

Dear Members,

This may be my first thread in rimweb.

I find this forum very usefull.

I want to share the above thing with you. Most of you may be aware of this but for me this was nothing less than a discovery.

I just bought this V9m for 19.8k from web world.

But however i didnt liked the company logo on the LCD when it is open.

plus the start and shutdown sequence was irritating me so i decided to do some changes internally.

so iam goining to share that with you.

You require

1. Phone V9m

2. Data Cable(shipped with it.)

3. BitPim installer http://bitpim.org/ use the latest version

you have to configure BitPim

before this you have to install phone driver(which you may have done when installing MPT)

for checking wheather drivers are correctly installed go to device manager and under Modems check if you can see " Motorola USB Modem"

and under USB Controllers "Motorola USB composite device"

Since the V9M is NOT natively supported in Bitpim, the Autodetect feature will fail to find the phone. So manually configure it...

Do this by clicking Settings from the Edit pull down menu.

Use the Phone Type Box to select "Other CDMA phone"

Even if you know the "com port" DO NOT manually set it. Instead, click the Browse button to the right of the Com Port box

A Choose Com Port window will pop-upscan ports. It will have 3 "sections" listing Available Ports, Ports Not Available, and Inoperable Ports

Select "Motorola USB Modem " from the listing of Available Ports and Click OK.

The BitPim settings window show now reflect your phone choice and com port...

Making use of the File System feature of BitPim...

For ALL PHONES... even those not NATIVELY Supported....

You can make use of the File System "tab" to copy files back to your PC, over write them, and in some cases, even ADD files or folders to the phone... Right Click and get a pop-up menu with actions...

Use the VIEW pull down menu and select File System

BitPim will now have a File System icon along the left. Click on it

In the center column, Click the + next to the folder to expand the listing.

Now time for action:-

V9M (Verizon firmware)

- External Graphic when Flip open -> /mobile/rim_cli.gif... 240x320x8bit (256 color) gif

- Startup Sound -> /motorola/system/ui_start_up_mono.mp_ is a 128kbit/44khz/Stereo mp3, renamed to .mp_ (u wont find this file, as the shutdown is used for startup also)

- Shutdown Sound -> /motorola/system/ui_start_dn_mono.mp_ is a 128kbit/44khz/Mono mp3, renamed to .mp_

- Startup Picture -> /motorola/system/customer_opening.gif is an Animated 240x320 32bit non-interlaced Gif89a, 17 Frames

- Shutdown picture -> /motorola/system/customer_closing.gif is an Animated 240x320 32bit non-interlaced Gif89a, 14 frames

you can delete the shutdown tone plus the customr openg and clsing file. This will make your phone start and shutdown fast.

put any pic of ur choice 240x320 in the place of rim_cli.gif you will get plenty on net or put of ur own(who cares)

regards

Capt. Minus

p.s. any queries can be sent to me on my email.

Source : WWW

Thanks for sharing your discovery !

Dear Members,

This may be my first thread in rimweb.

I find this forum very usefull.

I want to share the above thing with you. Most of you may be aware of this but for me this was nothing less than a discovery.

I just bought this V9m for 19.8k from web world.

But however i didnt liked the company logo on the LCD when it is open.

plus the start and shutdown sequence was irritating me so i decided to do some changes internally.

so iam goining to share that with you.

You require

1. Phone V9m

2. Data Cable(shipped with it.)

3. BitPim installer http://bitpim.org/ use the latest version

you have to configure BitPim

before this you have to install phone driver(which you may have done when installing MPT)

for checking wheather drivers are correctly installed go to device manager and under Modems check if you can see " Motorola USB Modem"

and under USB Controllers "Motorola USB composite device"

Since the V9M is NOT natively supported in Bitpim, the Autodetect feature will fail to find the phone. So manually configure it...

Do this by clicking Settings from the Edit pull down menu.

Use the Phone Type Box to select "Other CDMA phone"

Even if you know the "com port" DO NOT manually set it. Instead, click the Browse button to the right of the Com Port box

A Choose Com Port window will pop-upscan ports. It will have 3 "sections" listing Available Ports, Ports Not Available, and Inoperable Ports

Select "Motorola USB Modem " from the listing of Available Ports and Click OK.

The BitPim settings window show now reflect your phone choice and com port...

Making use of the File System feature of BitPim...

For ALL PHONES... even those not NATIVELY Supported....

You can make use of the File System "tab" to copy files back to your PC, over write them, and in some cases, even ADD files or folders to the phone... Right Click and get a pop-up menu with actions...

Use the VIEW pull down menu and select File System

BitPim will now have a File System icon along the left. Click on it

In the center column, Click the + next to the folder to expand the listing.

Now time for action:-

V9M (Verizon firmware)

- External Graphic when Flip open -> /mobile/rim_cli.gif... 240x320x8bit (256 color) gif

- Startup Sound -> /motorola/system/ui_start_up_mono.mp_ is a 128kbit/44khz/Stereo mp3, renamed to .mp_ (u wont find this file, as the shutdown is used for startup also)

- Shutdown Sound -> /motorola/system/ui_start_dn_mono.mp_ is a 128kbit/44khz/Mono mp3, renamed to .mp_

- Startup Picture -> /motorola/system/customer_opening.gif is an Animated 240x320 32bit non-interlaced Gif89a, 17 Frames

- Shutdown picture -> /motorola/system/customer_closing.gif is an Animated 240x320 32bit non-interlaced Gif89a, 14 frames

you can delete the shutdown tone plus the customr openg and clsing file. This will make your phone start and shutdown fast.

put any pic of ur choice 240x320 in the place of rim_cli.gif you will get plenty on net or put of ur own(who cares)

regards

Capt. Minus

p.s. any queries can be sent to me on my email.

Source : WWW

According to some WWW sources the outer LCD image of KRZR K1m can also be changed but i cant find the file rim_cli.gif

I found the other files using BitPim and P2k commander. Please guide if you have any information. All suggestions are highly welcome and appreciated.

sir according to the source..

the file shld be at the same place.

may its has some other file name...

Krzr K1M (Verizon firmware)

- External Graphic when Flip open -> /mobile/verizon.gif... 96x80 8Bit (256 color) gif

- Startup Sound -> /motorola/system/ui_start_up_mono.mp_ is a 4 second 128kbit/44khz/Stereo mp3, renamed to .mp_

- Shutdown Sound -> /motorola/system/ui_start_dn_mono.mp_ is a 2 second 128kbit/44khz/Mono mp3, renamed to .mp_

- Startup Picture -> /motorola/shared/picture/customer_opening.gif is an Animated 176x220 32bit non-interlaced Gif89a, 23 Frames

- Shutdown picture -> /motorola/shared/picture/customer_closing.gif is an Animated 176x220 32bit non-interlaced Gif89a, 14 Frames

regards

sir according to the source..

the file shld be at the same place.

may its has some other file name...

Krzr K1M (Verizon firmware)

- External Graphic when Flip open -> /mobile/verizon.gif... 96x80 8Bit (256 color) gif

- Startup Sound -> /motorola/system/ui_start_up_mono.mp_ is a 4 second 128kbit/44khz/Stereo mp3, renamed to .mp_

- Shutdown Sound -> /motorola/system/ui_start_dn_mono.mp_ is a 2 second 128kbit/44khz/Mono mp3, renamed to .mp_

- Startup Picture -> /motorola/shared/picture/customer_opening.gif is an Animated 176x220 32bit non-interlaced Gif89a, 23 Frames

- Shutdown picture -> /motorola/shared/picture/customer_closing.gif is an Animated 176x220 32bit non-interlaced Gif89a, 14 Frames

regards

Thank you Sir for your suggestion. I will be trying this in two days or so and will let the other users know.

i have tried to change the file i have deleted the the rim_cli.gif and placed the other 'untiltled.gif' one do i need to do something else as it is not showing anyhting and had become blank.

I tried this trick in my K1m but i am unable to find the outside LCD image file. I found the startup sounds and animations file. Please help.

i have tried to change the file i have deleted the the rim_cli.gif and placed the other 'untiltled.gif' one do i need to do something else as it is not showing anyhting and had become blank.

hi,

try by OVERWRITING it rather than deleting and changing the file name.

use the default file name i.e., rim_cli.gif

Can i get the original sizes images so that i can get back to what it was.Do i need to do any impoert or export from the mobile.

I have even tried that also but it is not happening.

dear captain thanks for sharing info . and one thing you had bought handset very costly . its official price is 18500 . go and talk to them and if they dont listen , give a complaint at *333 . may be they do something .

Can i get the original sizes images so that i can get back to what it was.Do i need to do any impoert or export from the mobile.

I have even tried that also but it is not happening.

dear sir,

load this default thing back everything will be fine..

post-8781-1201233618_thumb.jpg

dear captain thanks for sharing info . and one thing you had bought handset very costly . its official price is 18500 . go and talk to them and if they dont listen , give a complaint at *333 . may be they do something .

Dear sir,

You are wellcome.

sorry that was a typing mistake. i bought this phone 18.7 as nobody had this phone except the web word. so had no choice .

regards

hey wats d updated price!!! heard prices have fallen!!!

Help here buddy log.. i used both Bitpim and P2k tools but neither is able to detect my phone... help plz. i have kept the phone mode to Modem/Com. hylp

Help here buddy log.. i used both Bitpim and P2k tools but neither is able to detect my phone... help plz. i have kept the phone mode to Modem/Com. hylp

hope u have selected "Other CDMA phone " in phone list....

and a correct COM port

hope u have selected "Other CDMA phone " in phone list....

and a correct COM port

dear bro did your problem got solved?

sorry for late reply.. u have to click on file system to veiw content.

regards

hi captain

can u upload the v3m firmware

as i think i had done something wrong with my v3m?

as the layout of menu has changed permanently to list, no mp3 player, no browser shortcut in main menu and others.

good info... thanx 4 sharing..

good info... thanx 4 sharing..

hi i just purchased K1M,can i change this in K1M as well...please clarify....also let me if there is somethin else is reqd.thanks in advance..rgds Prashant

i think i know how to change the outer screen graphics on motorola flap phones

u have to put in the new graphics file and overwrite the old one.the new file must have the name as the old one.

one more important thing is that the size of the new image file must be 240X320 as that of original file otherwise the outer lcd will show a blank instead of image.

regards

mayank