Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
faizca

Dual Cdma Sim Handsets

this topic has been started to gather information about such handsets on which two cdma ruims can be used at same time.

As there are some benefits in using reliance networks while other benefits can be get by having tata connection.The coverage of reliance network is very good while tatas offer best tarrifs in telecom industry.NOWADAYS IN INDIA ,few handset(2 cdma ruim slots) are available or may be 1 or none BUT with the growth of CDMA the need of such handsets wiil be observed.So if any1 has any information regarding such handsets then he/she may post in this thread or any1 want to participate or to comment on this issue then pen it down here.

take care,

FAIZ AKHTAR

Edited by Arun

SAMSUNG 2ON is coming.

its cdma+gsm phone

SAMSUNG 2ON is coming.

its cdma+gsm phone

‘2 ON’ is a universal handset which is compatible with almost all GSM and CDMA service providers in India. Samsung ‘2 ON’ is also the first CDMA phone which supports both Tata Indicom and Reliance Communications (VAS) Value Added services. Housed in a stylish metallic design, the Samsung ‘2 ON’ packs in a slew of cutting edge features such as a 2.3” TFT Touch Screen, 2 Mega Pixel camera, Micro SD Card Slot upto 1GB, MP3/ AAC+ Player.

:GirandoOjos::previous:

Price Rs 16,500

Dear deepakpawar and abhishekrel,

You've misunderstood faizca's question. He was asking for a phone which supports 2 CDMA n/w simultaneously.

Samsung 2ON can work simulataneosuly with 1 CDMA and 1 GSM.

Right now officially there's no phone available in India which meets faizca's requirement.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

you are correct, kesav. You got what excatly fazica said

My apologies.

Currently there are no dual sim cdma sets, but there sets that can be used with both network.

Somewhere perhaps i have read that there are some chimhse phones available which support two cdma networks simultaneously.but i am not fully sure.google it and i am sure you will definitely get it.

Somewhere perhaps i have read that there are some chimhse phones available which support two cdma networks simultaneously.but i am not fully sure.google it and i am sure you will definitely get it.

Dear Friends.

Samsung 2on mobile me call recorder hai ki nahi..baat karte samay recording ho sakti hai ki nahi..."Active call recorder"

Santosh

Pl. anybody know about phone which supports both Reliance & Tata Indicom SIM simultaneously. Both the lines should work together. (eg: Spice D-80, D-88 work with both lines, but they are GSM-GSM & GSM-CDMA) I want CDMA-CDMA..... Pravin Gupte

Edited by Honest
<< Topic Merged >>

Perhaps there is one such phone which supports two cdma networks simultaneously.it's yulong coolpad 728.it can support 2 cdma or 2 gsm or one each networks at the same time.it's a windows mobile ce based phone.i may be incorrect.if so please correct.

I thought this thread was discussion about dual RUIM handsets rather than dual GSM-CDMA handsets

yep, I have a comment for you:

We see very few good quality CDMA handsets as compared to the number of cheap and quality GSM handsets. CDMA is never ever going to get further in quality as compared to GSM as CDMA is a patented technology where companies who use CDMA like Relaince ,TATA, SAMSUNG, LG etc. have to pay royalties to Qualcomm without getting any permission to do R&D. No R&D, no growth

Only one phone that works with 2 CDMA CONNECTIONS is Samsung Duo( as per their website) but in practice I tried the same with one Tata and one Reliance it is not working. It appears that the phone is locked to Tata indicom only. Now tata website is offering for Rs.5999. only.If any members knows how to modify the phone for the two CDMA LIVE connection Please guide us.

^^^

Then does it work with 2 Tata connections and is it always on? or we have to re-cycle the power to get the 2nd connection and similarly for the 1st connection?

samsung duo is not a dual standby handsets and i also doubt that it supports two cdma sims

i have written an enquiry in www.samsungcdma.in for dual cdma handsets if any further communication is made to me then i will post it here

and please do write suggestions in the websites of all cdma companies regarding our need of dual cdma handsets as we want to use two cdma ruims standby...one for better coverage and other for quality of service.....

and also two more cdma operators will enter market this year(shyam and bsnl) so demand of such sets will increase...

Edited by faizca

Perhaps there is one such phone which supports two cdma networks simultaneously.it's yulong coolpad 728.it can support 2 cdma or 2 gsm or one each networks at the same time.it's a windows mobile ce based phone.i may be incorrect.if so please correct.

1) Hey Situ.. i checked out on Google.

coolpad 728 is a dual CDMA/GSM phone buddy..

2) This topic is in the wrong category.. There's no mention of Samsung anywhere.. Mods plz take action.

Edited by ACS

<< Topic moved to Other Handsets >>

has anyone contacted lg, samsung,motorolaor nokia for our need of dual cdma hansets

no dual cdma handsets

Hey nowadays am seein that chinese dual sim cell phones are comin with 8 gb internal memory. Do they really offer 8 gb. ?

Hey nowadays am seein that chinese dual sim cell phones are comin with 8 gb internal memory. Do they really offer 8 gb. ?

dont know .....but they might be offering ....the only way is to play with the phone for a while before buying and check it ....though it might b showing 8gb on screen but in reality might offer less

check this phone:

http://www.solomobi.com/viewproduct.asp?pro_id=3118

claims to be used as GSM+GSM or CDMA+GSM or CDMA+CDMA... m not sure if it is available in India or not... but looks cool yaar.. Iphone clone and can be used in any mode.. 2gsm or 2 cdma or cdma+gsm... aur kya chahiye ... :)

if anybody have any more info.. please post...