Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gtran_rocks

Charging Spare Battery On Desktop Charger

BORED : I want to know this

Can the Gtran battery be charged without the phone???

In case LG Rd 2030 this is possible.. just remove the battery and put it in the desktop charger

What is it in Gtran??

What is the use of having two batteries if the phone has to be kept with the battery during charging??

I have two batteries for RD 2030.. that way.. i can manage without placing the phone for charging..

Mitesh (Myself): Hey BORED thats a good idea.

After reading your post i tried charging my spare battery on desktop charger. And the light on the charger turned red and the battery is getting charged i believe !

Now that will add on a lot of battery time to my usage. Good for meĀ  :clap:

Guys it seemed as a good idea initially.... And infact it is one.

But I think those of you who have used desktop charger with LG 2030, please try to remember the fate of the battery when a desktop charger is used. The battery gets completely scratched and the battery coat gets removed making it look old and ugly.

Guys I tried this with my new GTRAN silver coated battery and in two days of use I can see light scratches in the area of the battery which slides in the desktop charger. If i continue for long it will completely get scratched and the silver coat will peel off. The only option then would be to replace it with a new battery if you are looks concious about your fone.

So I think its better to use the travel charger for now. Its better to do than to have a scratched , old looking battery on your new slim, sexy GTRAN , aint it ? :)

Dont slide the battery, just try to put the battery in place by pushing it gently, from above. This way it does not get any scratches and it gets into its position as well.

Tanveer: Dont slide the battery, just try to put the battery in place by pushing it gently, from above. This way it does not get any scratches and it gets into its position as well.

Tanveer this is what i exactly discovered few hrs ago and my spare battery is being charged in this manner only :clap:

That would be nice :)

Don't know if any such device exists or has to be built from the sratch. If latter then may be an electronic expert can do.

If some one does succeed please post the circuit diagram if U don't mind sharing it :(

i think it could be risky to push and pull the battery rather than slide it too. and btw, has anyone thought of any side effects to this process? i mean, is it really ok to charge it w/o the phone? or am i just being dumb and the phone really has nothing to do with the charging part???

Karpar I think phone doesnt have anything to do with charging. Yes, when you use the travel charger, the phone helps making the process smarter by showing a Progress Indicator and Battery charged info.

I have been charging my battery without the fone on a desktop charger and it charges properly and in a riskfree manner

ok mitesh, glad to know you dont have any trouble with the charging...

i suppose bored is right, this way, the battery is not used up, but then, considerable battery life is saved if you turn off the backlight when you use the phone and when charging, you neither use the phone to talk nor use the backlight, so the saving should be really low...

in effect, the difference shouldnt be much.

I don't think that it should really matter. When the charger is ON the potential difference at the battery terminals is slightly(very slightly) higher than the battery(this gradient chrages the battery) - so most of the power supplied to the mobile is in effect direct fron the charger. Also these memory stuff is for Ni-Mh batteries rather than Lithium ion which RIMs are shpped with.

Karpar, Flip phones are completely different from normal phones.

See there is no need to switch off the backlight while charging. I'll tell you why ... Coz the display of a flip phone (atleast this GTRAN model) is switched on only when you open the phone. The moment you close the flip, not only the backlight but also the display gets completely switched off (Only the Sub LCD on the flap functions). And while charging or when not using the phone, the flip is closed.

Yes switching off the backlight is a good idea to save battery when you are using the phone - like making a call, recieving a call or using R WORLD etc. I do that as well. And the best part is that the display of GTRAN is so rich that its completely viewable without backlight as well.

Karpar I think phone doesnt have anything to do with charging. Yes, when you use the travel charger, the phone helps making the process smarter by showing a Progress Indicator and Battery charged info.

I have been charging my battery without the fone on a desktop charger and it charges properly and in a riskfree manner

does the GTRAN come with desktop and travel charger?

yes it does and a spare battery as well

All people using G-TRAN worried about getting scratches on ur battery heres what u can do...

stick a big size transparent cellophane tape on ur battery. this way u wont scratch it while charging and people wont notice the tape as it being transparent :)

Yess! Guyz u ppl really saved my GTRAN Battery from getting scratched!!!

This is infact a gud idea to have it charged from the top over a Desktop Charger. Full Points!