Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
basant_jp

Bsnl Launched Ev-do

BSNL has launched 3G data services on EV-DO in several parts of the country, and soon to launch the same nation wide. It has already started giving connections in many cities of Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka... It is providing 2 options - PCMCIA card (EV-DO+CDMA1x) for Rs 4500/- and USB modem for 6500/- on outright purchase. The monthly tariff is Rs. 550 (plus taxes) for unlimited access. The speed is reported to be really good (which is obvious due to the fact that very few people will be using it at present)....as high as 1.8 MBPS.

I enquired for the same in Ghaziabad, and to my surprise the same has been made available in Ghaziabad city and Govindpuram areas (as per the info given by BSNL DE). The work on BTS is going on in Indirapuram, Vaishali and Kaushambi areas, and the service is expected to be available in a month or so.

Currently, state wide data roaming is available at no extra cost, which will soon be nation wide (BSNL has already applied for roaming on CDMA services).

Cheers!

Basant

Edited by basant_jp

BSNL has launched 3G data services on EV-DO in several parts of the country, and soon to launch the same nation wide. It has already started giving connections in many cities of Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka... It is providing 2 options - PCMCIA card (EV-DO+CDMA1x) for Rs 4500/- and USB modem for 6500/- on outright purchase. The monthly tariff is Rs. 550 (plus taxes) for unlimited access. The speed is reported to be really good (which is obvious due to the fact that very few people will be using it at present)....as high as 1.8 MBPS.

I enquired for the same in Ghaziabad, and to my surprise the same has been made available in Ghaziabad city and Govindpuram areas (as per the info given by BSNL DE). The work on BTS is going on in Indirapuram, Vaishali and Kaushambi areas, and the service is expected to be available in a month or so.

Currently, state wide data roaming is available at no extra cost, which will soon be nation wide (BSNL has already applied for roaming on CDMA services).

Cheers!

Basant

that's great i heard that they wr testing in kolkata.i have some querries whether thr pcmcia card or modem are ruim enabled?

and is this service launched in lucknow?

thanx 4 info

regards

faiz akhtar

Great News!!

Hope they launch this in Calcutta also asap.

550 Rs/month for unlimited access & that too @ 1.8 mbps speed will be really amazing

Than i guess downloading 10-20 GB in a day will be really fast & affordable too

As per my information, the data card is Huawei EC-321 and is R-UIM enabled. However, it is de-activated by the BSNL and is vacant by default. I don't have any information about the availability of EV-DO in Calcutta, I would suggest you pay a visit to the nearest BSNL SDO, he/she sure will have information on the same...

Cheers!

B

now we talking... my hands warming up in excitement...

Hope the news is related to the topic.

Jaipur (PTI): Government-run BSNL on Monday launched a high speed (384 kbps) internet with WLL service by upgrading its CDMA (code division multiple access) for a monthly rate of Rs 550 for the customers of the city.

The facility, with an activation charge of Rs 500, EVDO (evolution data only) card for Rs 6,500 and monthly rent of Rs 550, would be available on first-come first-served basis, Mohanlal Gumbhar, General Manager, Rajasthan Circle, told a press conference after the launch.

For implementation of this service, BSNL used CDMA 2000 1x EVDO technology, which is the first stage of 3G technology evolution, he said.

The data service on this will provide internet surfing up to 144 kbps whereas on EVDO, one can have a speed from 400 to 700 kbps, he said.

The computer users could make use of these services on laptop and desktop within 2 km radius of the BTS (base transmitting stations), he said.

BSNL also planned to revive dead landline phone services on certain concession for customers who proved defaulters in payment of their bills, he said.

The year 2008 would be a customer year, and the company would try to solve customers' complaints at door step, where ever applicable, he said.

The company would also provide a life insurance plan free of cost to its permanent customers using landline, cellone, and WLL, he said.

About 22 lakh people in Rajasthan use mobile services, with landline users at just 1.5 lakh, he added.

source :: http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/008200802041631.htm

launched in jaipur too, 2-3 weeks ago. they have changed the software or firmware of all wll phones dunno kow why?

^^^

Wow my dear friends, its really a great news. Magnificent speed at really low costs.

I think MTNL will also follow the suite.

Waiting eagerly for MTNL to start this service.

Regards.

^^^

@Keanu

Yes my dear friend, your current handset 6275 can be used with it. But I'm not 100% confirm.

Do post here after you tried for the same.

Regards.

^^ Does 6275 work in EV-DO also? :o

What is the location of BSNL office for Indirapuram. Please help.

Cheers!

Basant

It is opposite Punjab National Bank on the road parallel to Ahinsa Kahnd-I. I don't know the name of the road, but there is only one Punjab National Bank in Indirapuram and you should not have any problem locating it.

This also mean that private CDMA operators are fooling all users in name of 3G and spectrum. Had they been serious competing GSM guys, they would have intoduced EVDO on 800 mHz spectrum. Now that GSM and CDMA guys will entagle issue so much that they will not launch services for another year or more.

For 3G CDMA is the best. But again handset is issue.

[that's great i heard that they wr testing in kolkata.i have some querries whether thr pcmcia card or modem are ruim enabled?

and is this service launched in lucknow?

thanx 4 info

regards

faiz akhtar

ANY NEWS ON KOLKATA.... Please let us know. I shall rush to nearest BSNL office for my EVDO card, the day it starts

Edited by aksha_sail

today i went to bsnl office where i sa w evdo card which they were selling at rs. 1650..but the speed was upto 144kbps as in lucknow evdo service is not launhed till date.hope they will not increase the price of the card after launching of the service..rental was rs.400 for unlimited use.

any one knows whether evdo is available in Pune?

My conclusion after reading through the posts is

EvDO is launched only in Kerala and nowhere else.......