Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
basant_jp

Bsnl Launched Ev-do

My conclusion after reading through the posts is

EvDO is launched only in Kerala and nowhere else.......

Yes u are right i checked with BSNL's office in Calcutta also .. Evdo is only avlb in Kerela right now

B4 3 days there was press release for Ahmedabad that they will be launching EVDO soon.

My conclusion after reading through the posts is

EvDO is launched only in Kerala and nowhere else.......

As of today, EV-DO is available in the following states/areas for sure -

Kerala - officially announced

Rajasthan (Jaipur) - officially announced

UP West (Ghaziabad - Raj nagar and Govindpuram areas)

Karnataka (some areas of Banglore, still in testing phase)

Andhra Pradesh (Ananthpur and some other cities, Hyderabad in a couple of weeks)

Launch expected in March in parts of Maharashtra, Haryana and Tamil Nadu. I can say for sure that BSNL wll exchanges in most big cities have received the EV-DO equipments and the same is being installed in phases. Service should be available in lot many cities within 2-3 months.

PS: I have either verified the above information myself, or the same has been provided by my friends after contacting BSNL directly.

Andhra Pradesh (Ananthpur and some other cities, Hyderabad in a couple of weeks)

Great to hear the news. Awaiting to use them.

^^^

That means EVDO will be available nationwide within 3-4 months. Thats great.

Waiting for the MTNL to follow the suite.

Regards.

But the truth is, BSNL remains to be highly confused organisation about maintaining CDMA as one of their success niche. They launched various services including WLL bFone as well as 'Tarang' mobile on CDMA platform at different places, but actually, one cannot subscribe to these services across the desk easily, even in cities like Kolkata and Siliguri. More importantly, BSNL's CDMA signal is weak and available in restricted pockets. So one cannot roam. MTNL is somewhat better, albeit it is restricted in Mumbai and Delhi.

Regards...

Confused or not confused cant say...but BSNL has recently got license for launching All India CDMA services.

Confused or not confused cant say...but BSNL has recently got license for launching All India CDMA services

^^^

Except Delhi & Mumbai my dear friend.

Regards.

Confused or not confused cant say...but BSNL has recently got license for launching All India CDMA services

^^^

Except Delhi & Mumbai my dear friend.

Regards.

Then, the problem remains live. Similar in GSM, subscribers might find problem in seamless roaming in data services into Delhi or Mumbai from other places of India.

^^^

@sougata

My dear friend, till date roaming facility is not available with these data cards from BSNL. I think, as soon as MTNL start this kind of service, then only roaming facility would be provided on these data cards from BSNL and MTNL.

Regards.

^^^

@sougata

My dear friend, till date roaming facility is not available with these data cards from BSNL. I think, as soon as MTNL start this kind of service, then only roaming facility would be provided on these data cards from BSNL and MTNL.

Regards.

I don't think so, my dear Kamal. I have had bitter experience with BSNL GPRS in roaming (I had unlimited Rs199 plan). It stopped working whenever I was in Delhi or Mumbai and even in South India the configuration did not match. When I was in Hyderabad, I changed the access point configurations as per southern circle requirements, but it refused to work. I went to BSNL head office there but no one was there to help. Then I contacted a leading BSNL franchisee, but he also could not do much.

So, let us don't hope much about seamless roaming in data card also.

Regards...

^^^

But my dear friends, as Reliance provides magnificent roaming support through its data cards, we can still expect the good from BSNL too.

Lets not loose hope my dear friends.

Regards.

Guys...as far as roaming is concerned on BSNL CDMA....lemme tell you that BSNL has started the process of obtaining regulatory approval for launching it's CDMA service as full mobility service, just like Reliance and Tata. They don't want to remain WLL anymore. Once it is done, we will also have data roaming. Since BSNL GSM has roaming agrement with MTNL for Delhi and Mumbai, my guess is, the same shall be true for CDMA as well.

As for the data cards, state wide roaming is already available with BSNL EV-DO. The BSNL officers themselves will tell you that it will soon be nation wide. Atleast, there is some operator which is going forward with the new technologiy...so what if it's a public sector company. Let's not be so pessimist with BSNL...they revolutionize the whole broadband scenario in India afterall.

Cheers

But will BSNL offer EVDO every where? If they can I am sure they will revolutionize mobile data. The way they made cable broadband affordable.

Edited by kshah

Is this Available In PUNJAB in Amritsar And Ludhiana...

Also Let Me know if EVDO is available in Jabalpur(M.P).

but when will Reliance or tata follow the same and launch EVDO data card for wireless broadband internet?

Guys...as far as roaming is concerned on BSNL CDMA....lemme tell you that BSNL has started the process of obtaining regulatory approval for launching it's CDMA service as full mobility service, just like Reliance and Tata. They don't want to remain WLL anymore. Once it is done, we will also have data roaming. Since BSNL GSM has roaming agrement with MTNL for Delhi and Mumbai, my guess is, the same shall be true for CDMA as well.

As for the data cards, state wide roaming is already available with BSNL EV-DO. The BSNL officers themselves will tell you that it will soon be nation wide. Atleast, there is some operator which is going forward with the new technologiy...so what if it's a public sector company. Let's not be so pessimist with BSNL...they revolutionize the whole broadband scenario in India afterall.

Cheers

My Dear Basant,

Please take the pain to check it once before you comment. I am not at all against BSNL or MTNL, but it is a matter or fact that although there is roaming agreement between them for Delhi & Mumbai, they fail to provide seamless roaming. People enjoy voice roaming and never complain, but when data roaming fails, there is none to help you. This also happens in different GSM zones. With proper zonal configuration for GPRS/EDGE also it fails when you roam into different zone.

Regards..

Dear Sougata,

Don't take my comments personally...I never meant it for you, or in reply to your post...I only wanted to share my view about possible roaming on EV-DO data cards. All I meant was that lets keep our hopes high. Anyway...please excuse me if you felt hurt with anything I said...I take my words back with apology.

Anyway...please excuse me if you felt hurt with anything I said...I take my words back with apology

^^^

@basant

Great my dear friend. Members like you are the proud for rimweb. You respect the feelings of others a lot.

Keep it up.

Regards.

I have compiled some informations into a site at http://www.bsnlevdo.com/

anybody who wish to programme his evdo device can use the zte pst and manual posted here

http://www.bsnlevdo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4

Also a sample application form showing the detail tariff is given

http://www.bsnlevdo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6

hope this helps.

^^^

Thanks a lot my dear Ashok for the useful information. It will be beneficial to many.

Regards.

Yeah, the early bird folks who bought it for 6500 looks like cheated now :-/

has somebody tested these for the speed...