Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
basant_jp

Bsnl Launched Ev-do

Yeah, the early bird folks who bought it for 6500 looks like cheated now :-/

Arun,

Buddy, You're not one among them....... :Contento::Contento:

Yeah, the early bird folks who bought it for 6500 looks like cheated now :-/

Never buy an instrument from bsnl, be it broadband or evdo. They dont offer service, only replacement. When warranty period is over you are stuck for a repair.

Never buy an instrument from bsnl, be it broadband or evdo. They dont offer service, only replacement. When warranty period is over you are stuck for a repair.

Try getting an instrument replaced from reliance even during warranty..........

Any one who sells device do not assume any responsibility for device they sold. GTRAN in reliance is brilliant example. One of my frnd had bad experience for wifi modem from airtel too. GSM PCO owners also has faced similar problems at times.

Ofcourse faulty devices are very few these days.

Try getting an instrument replaced from reliance even during warranty..........

I returned my LG RD 6230 which I used for more than 6 months to RCOM/LG and I got my full money back plus Rs.500/- also. I had paid Rs 7499 but the refund I got was Rs 7999/-. I did not ask them the reasons for the excess.

If you present your case properly and forcefully to RCOM / handset mfr., you will get replacement / money back. This is my experience. I do not know about others.

In Rajasthan's News paper there is a Ad of BSNL EVDO It says

"High speed Internet"

speed upto 512 KBPS

Monthaly Rental 200 or One time charge 3500

and unlimited usage 550 /month.

for more details

Edited by mostwanted.1681

still not lauched in Ahmedabad

I dont know what happened to BSNL, anyway thankyou!!

I had been subscribed for 1X service for 250 PM - unlimited

just look at the screen shots, in which speed I am surfing!!!!!!!!!!

post-18301-1207725043_thumb.jpg

post-18301-1207725071_thumb.jpg

I dont know what happened to BSNL, anyway thankyou!!

I had been subscribed for 1X service for 250 PM - unlimited

just look at the screen shots, in which speed I am surfing!!!!!!!!!!

these are pretty impressive speeds for 1X service .. @ 250/pm this is more than value for money :Sorprendido:

^^^ spknair

they are testing EVDO broadband on the same 1X network... the speeds you are getting give you an insight into what future holds for you... enjoy !!!

^^^ spknair

Modem which you've might be EvDO. Just check....

Accidentally you're charged 250/month instead of 550/month

I had purchased EVDO modem due to NIC un availability.

but BSNL had said that they convertrd it to 1X service

I read about EVDO settings on some forum, check and try tweaking your modem, u may get EVDO speed.

I read about EVDO settings on some forum, check and try tweaking your modem, u may get EVDO speed.

tweaking the modem can u explain how??

Cant explain all here , do research and I will not be of any help as I dont have BSNL EVDO card. Waiting to be launched in AHmedbad

For tweaking the usb modem, you can change TCP Receive Window size to 65536

i have explained a bit here.

http://www.bsnlevdo.com/forums/Tweak-your-EVDO-SPEED-t9.html

Cant explain all here , do research and I will not be of any help as I dont have BSNL EVDO card. Waiting to be launched in AHmedbad

EVDO service start in ahmedabad?

for the evdo connection is there any customer account number after getting that . can we make online payment for this in chennai?

Regarding the customer account number or consumer people from keral can help me€€

Is this EVDO available in Kolkata .... around EM Bypass, near the Pranab Nagar Metro Station which is being built?

for the evdo connection is there any customer account number after getting that . can we make online payment for this in chennai?

Regarding the customer account number or consumer people from keral can help me€€

EVDO payment also is done with your existing telephone bill.

Is this EVDO available in Kolkata .... around EM Bypass, near the Pranab Nagar Metro Station which is being built?

You will have to inquire the same with the DGM in your area

@kragu

BSNL giving us a normal MDN number (like 022 30333333)with EV-DO connection, same as WiLL Phone. and you will get the connection after proper proof verification. In Kerala they are demanding Photo Identiy Proof for connection

@kragu

BSNL giving us a normal MDN number (like 022 30333333)with EV-DO connection, same as WiLL Phone. and you will get the connection after proper proof verification. In Kerala they are demanding Photo Identiy Proof for connection

If you are having a bsnl landline you dont need any thing, just one copy of your last bill. go with that, pay the initial charges, get connection within 10-20 minutes

Hi guys...

Am new here. I wanted to ask what kind of speeds one can expect from this EVDO connection. I read this whole thread but it was kinda confusing. As most of you guys know, when an ISP provides a package of 256 kbps, its kilobits and not kilobytes and the MAX DOWNLOAD SPEED you can get from it is only 32 kbps, same goes for 512 kbps package where you can only get 64 kbps max download speed.

So what kind of speed can I expect from this EVDO connection. I know that you have to be within city limits to get actual EVDO speeds, otherwise, it'll just give you regular WLL speeds, which are 114 kbps or something like that, aka you wont' get more than 8 to 10 kbps of ACTUAL TRANSFER SPEED. I live in Ulhasnagar City (Thane District, Maharashtra State), and I also checked out the BSNL office over here and they said that I'll get good speeds but were unable to answer my questions fully. :)

Any help in this regards will be greatly appreciated.

Thanx a lot in advance. Desperately waiting for a reply :)

Edited by ravihpa

Well its not true that with a 512 kbps connection you get 64 kbps speeds, if that was right one could have dragged all the ISPs to court and get good compensation. With a 512 kbps connection you do get 512 kbps but only 64 KB/s (you have done your conversions right numerically but the units also change with conversion). Same goes for all the conversions mentioned in your post.

As for your qury regarding EVDo, they will advertise the speeds in kbps and mbps, and you will get those speeds but if you look at your download speeds they will be divided by 8 in KB/s. I know that doesn't answers your query a lot but I hope it still helps a little :) .

EVDO can give 2mbps burst speed and 700-900 kbps / 85-100 KBPS constant download speed. Again it depends on network congestion and N numbers of asterix and fine prints.