Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
savramesh

Software/firmware Upgrade For Nokia 6265/6275 Cdma

Hi Guys,

Its a long time since nokia launched 6265/6275 CDMA handsets. But till date there is no software or firmware upgrade for these highend handsets. Latest models coming now for 6k/7k/8k INR is having much more features than these handsets. Its time for an upgrade. Nokia has to consider its valuable CDMA handsets customer and provide an upgrade for software.

As my part i have requested nokia through Email for a software upgrade. Kindly each and every 6265/6275 owners send mail an email to support.services@nokia.com requesting for a software upgrade for our CDMA handsets.

I am hereby pasting my mail to nokia yesterday. I am sure they will respond us if we all mail them. Lets hope for the best.

-----------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Requesting Nokia a firmware upgrade for Nokia 6265.

Current version - V HL190V0600.nep - RM66

Features required in upgrade

1. Much faster software

2. Advanced graphic look for Menus and Options

3. Option during a Voice call - RECORD

4. Navigate the menus - main menu view - TAB view

5. Bluetooth File transfer - SHOW PROGRESS (% transferred)

6. Bluetooth - My phone's visibility - TEMPORARY and PERMANENT show to all

7. MP3/Music player - SHOW PROGRESS BAR while playing

8. Equiliser, Tracklist options on main page of music player

9. Media player - Play videos with BLACK background

10. Camera settings - Image - white balance, red eye etc..

11. Camera settings - Video - size 320 x 240

12. Voice recorder - Maximum time depending on free space

13. Full Screen Caller image

14. Receive bluetooth files directly to memory card

15. More options and features

please consider nokia 6265 customers request and provide a firmware upgrade.

regards,

ramesh

-----------------------------------------

Kindly add other features in our mail to Nokia (support.services@nokia.com), if i have missed in mine.

Kindly add FLASH support in the features list.

Regards,

Ramesh

Edited by savramesh

^^^

17. SMS support for PC Suite.

18. Ability to move SMS from phone to memory card.

19. Call Duration for each and every call - like your Call Log in S60 phones.

20. Speed Dials to be increased to atleast 100 from the 8 presently.

But I doubt if NOKIA will ever read the list and do anything about it. They have exited CDMA and hence their priorities lie elsewhere. Anyway no harm in sending out an email. Hope for the best as always.

Edited by KumaarShah

21. No. of SMS storage to be increased from around 100 to Maximum depending on free space

@Ramesh, I have sent an email to them. Awaiting their response. Will post once I hear from them. Did you get any response from them so far?

22. Ability to play video in full screen

23. Fast Forward for video player

"BUT WHO WILL HEAR?"

:help:

:frown:

@ vishal kumar

No Scope, you will not get even replay for your quiry!!!!!

as in my experiance :angry::angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

too many expectations for nokia in CDMA handset. :D:P:)

I don't think Nokia to provide same for 6275/ 6265 in near future

The following is the reply from Nokia Care that I have received today: -

Dear Mr. Shah,

Thank you for emailing Nokia Care.

This e-mail is in reference to the features and firmware for your Nokia 6265. We appreciate your continued interest towards Nokia products. Please be assured that your feedback is valued and we endeavour to address any suggestion that may be raised by our customers. We have forwarded your suggestion to our Customer Feedback Division for their due consideration. Any update in this regard will be posted on our web site.

Further, you may kindly note that the firmware upgrade of the handset will enhance the existing feature in the phone. Any software related concerns will be rectified after a software upgrade. Upgrading the software also makes the mobile phone more user friendly.

We would like to inform you that the operating system of the phone cannot be upgraded. However, the firmware of the handset can be upgraded to the latest available version. You may kindly note the latest firmware version for Nokia 6265 is - for Reliance users REL_N150V0402REL_N150V0402_6255_02.NFP.exe and for Tata users TAT_N190V0900TAT_N190V0900_6255_02.NFP.exe. We request you to kindly take your phone to the nearest Nokia Care Centre. Our technicians will upgrade the firmware version of your mobile phone to the latest version free of cost, provided it meets the Nokia warranty guidelines.

We would like to inform you that when the firmware of the phone is flashed, all data in the phone would be lost.

We recommend you take along the proof of purchase/receipt while visiting the Nokia Care Centre. Your phone would be covered under warranty if it meets all the warranty guidelines.

For location of the Nokia Care Centres nearest to you, kindly access the following web link:

http://www.nokia.co.in/A4536241

Before submitting your phone at the Service Centre, you may kindly take a backup of the phone contacts data to the SIM card. If the phone supports memory card, take a back up of contacts, messages, images, clips etc. on to the memory card or on to the PC. Back up can be taken, provided the phone is in “Power ON†condition. The technicians at the Nokia Care Centre and Nokia India would not be responsible for the loss of data during the repair process.

For further enquiries, please feel free to contact our Technical Support Executives at 30303838 between the hours of 9:00am and 9:00pm, seven days a week. For online support, visit "Have a question? Ask Nokia" at www.nokia.co.in. You may also find answers to your queries at www.nokia.co.in/support. We reassure you of our continuous support.

Please help us improve our services by clicking on the following link:

www.nokia.co.in/caresurveys

Kind regards,

Nokia Care

See the real stupid reply that they have given. They know that 6265 does not support transfer of contacts/sms to memory card and yet they tell you to do exactly that. Further the firmware upgrade that has been referred to by them is for 6255 and not 6265/6275. A third defect in their reply is that I have clearly mentioned in my email that I am using the handset from Aug.'06 which is more than 18 months - their warranty expired in July '07 itself, yet they tell us that the update will be done free if the handset meets warranty guidelines.

Looks like some dumbos from RCOM have joined Nokia Care.

Edited by KumaarShah

Looks like some dumbos from RCOM have joined Nokia Care.

^^^

My dear Kumaar it seems that Nokia Care is going to be nuts in the near future.

Regards.

I wish nokia to launch 6638 before exiting CDMA completely.

Its a symbian based CDMA handset, and i believe they will launch it for sure to let whole world know what will they loose if nokia completely exit CDMA.

Nokia if at all exit CDMA all the credit goes to QUALCOMM.

the following is the reply i got from Nokia

-----------------

Dear Mr. Srinivasan,

Thank you for e-mailing Nokia Care.

This e-mail is in reference to the feedback provided in your e-mail correspondence. Please be assured that your feedback is valued and we endeavour to address any suggestion that may be raised by our customers. We have forwarded your suggestion to our Customer Feedback Division for their due consideration. Any update in this regard will be posted on our web site.

We appreciate your patience and further solicit your cooperation.

For further enquiries, please feel free to contact our Technical Support Executives at 30303838 between the hours of 9:00am and 9:00pm, seven days a week. For online support, visit "Have a question? Ask Nokia" at www.nokia.co.in. You may also find answers to your queries at www.nokia.co.in/support. We reassure you of our continuous support.

Kind regards,

Shamshad Begam

Nokia Care

Reliance will be launching GSM in 2 to 3 months.

If nokia is not providing software upgrade for 6265/6275 then we have to go for GSM handsets provided Reliance should give an option for CDMA customers to migrate to GSM with same number. but who will buy our CDMA phones ?

I found the following info from Nokia website

------------------------

Recycle your Nokia devices and accessories

At Nokia we take our environmental responsibility very seriously. Our product designers work constantly to increase the amount of recyclable materials we use in our devices and accessories. So when you decide to upgrade to your next Nokia device, please play your part.

Just drop of your old device and accessories at any Nokia Care point and we will send them to the nearest Nokia approved recycling company. Mobile phone recycling leads to both material and energy recovery from old devices, and helps ensure the proper disposal of harmful substances.

link of webpage http://www.nokia.co.in/A4821048

-----------------------

Will nokia compensate us if we give them devices ? any idea about this recycle process. I checked with nearest nokia care and found that they are not aware of that.

Haven't received any response from Nokia till now.

Edit: Sent an email again to them.

Edited by vishalkumar

already emailed and waiting for their reply

Got response from Nokia Care today: -

Dear Mr. Kumar,

Thank you for e-mailing Nokia Care.

This e-mail is in reference to the firmware of Nokia 6265. We appreciate your interest in Nokia products. We would like to inform you that the latest firmware version of your phone is EL_HL190V0600_6265_01.NFP.exe, if you are a Reliance user and AT_HL190V0800_6265_02.NFP.exe, if you are Tata user.

Further, please be assured that your feedback is valued and we endeavour to address any suggestion that may be raised by our customers. We have forwarded your suggestion to our Customer Feedback Division for their due consideration. Any update in this regard will be posted on our web site.

Kind regards,

Namrata Maurya

Nokia Care

@KumaarShah, for me, they have mentioned the firmware upgrade for 6265 and not 6255. I am not sure why they have done so.

^^^

Hey Vishalkumar, you are lucky, it appears. Nokia Care sent you the correct file version. Maybe in my case, they just goofed it up.

Anyway, the version on my 6265 reads: -

V HL190V0600.nep

26-05-06

RM-66

© NMP.

The above can be got from Menu-Settings-Phone Details-Version Details-Software Version.

BTW, the Hardware version is 6000.

Is Hardware the same as Firmware or is Firmware same as Software?

Thanks.

Other 6265 users may report their version here.

I do not know if my version and the one reported by Nokia as above are the same.

^^^

Hey Vishalkumar, you are lucky, it appears. Nokia Care sent you the correct file version. Maybe in my case, they just goofed it up.

Anyway, the version on my 6265 reads: -

Hey Friends.. this is mmy first response to this baap of website for Nokia 6275 ... :clap:

I just wanted to know that whether there is any additions to the firmware or hardware of Nokia 6275 or Not..?? upto this date ... PLEEASE do respond.. iam waiting to Hear a " Y E S " from you GOd Fathers off all times for us...!!! :Sorprendido:

Thanks in advance... SAchin ..

also my email is :- sachingreet@yahoo.com

Can anyone tell if it is really meaningful to go for the firmware upgrade? Are they offering anything new in this upgrade? If yes, what are they? Maybe based on that we can decide whether to have a firmware upgrade done or not.

Thanks.

Software version details of my 6275 is given below :-

V BL290V0100.nep

06-03-07

RM-154

©NMP

Is any update available for me ? If yes what are the changes

Waiting eagerly

Are the software versions of 6265 and 6275 different?

My 6275's Software Version Details

V BL190V0400.nep

17-10-06

RM - 154

© NMP

Also I send two emails to nokia. Submitted on there website. I got replies. But no any mention about new update or anything. Just go to nokia care if under warranty they will provide. Still i am trying mails.... So to my fellow 6275 users submit it in the www.nokia.co.in

i think they will atleast give u replys.

^^^

Jabir, your version is older than the one reported by vishal in post #22 above. Check with NCC and see if they update your version, maybe they will charge you something and keep your mobile with them for 20 to 25 days. Unless of course you know someone at the very top.

Other readers,

Anyone having a version newer than the one i Reported in post # 18 above?