Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vishal Gupta

Flood Control

hi guys

i want to know what is Flood Control

when i click on "View New Posts" and after a few seconds i again clicked on that link, i got following error:

Sorry, the board administrator has enabled search flood control. Please wait at least 20 seconds before trying again.

what is it?

can anyone clear it?

Vishal,

Flood Control is used to optimise the server CPU usage and to protect the forum from mighty search requests, since it takes considerable processing power to handle searches.

it is a Security Feature.

Edited by StaticElectricity

I think another reason flood control is there (especially for making new posts) is to prevent robots etc making a massive posting attack kinda thing. Same thing for search too in addition to what static already said. I may be wrong though.

Theoretically, the primary use of flood control over networks is to restrict the number of incoming packets so that all users don't get long latency/response times because one of them is going beserk.

Denial of Service attacks (DoS) can also be reduced (though not prevented entirely) with adequate flood control.

If you see it, just wait a min before retrying ...

or simply browse through the forum normally since the icons on the left are highlighted when a sub-forum/topic has a new post in it.