Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
copperco2

Hathway Launched 512kbps At Rs.550/-

hathway has launched its services in lower parel, mumbai area and for the new market they have introduced this plan..prepaid...

2Gb data transfer at 512Kbps valid for 2 months through cable..

i will be exhausting it in the first month only but the plan seems good enough....compared to mtnl..

and yes no modem deposit or registration charges..makes it more attractive..

Beware of Hathway... had a really horrible experience with them here in Poona. Dont know if its any better in Bombay ...worse it cant be... cus that is what it already is, here!

Edited by raccoon

@Copperco2

MY dear friend, I think Hathway has already its services in Lower Parel. As one of my friend, in lower parel is using the hathway internet from the last two years without any problems. Their is a possibility that they had started their prepaid services now. Previously they are having only postpaid service in lower parel.

Anyway the plan seems to be good as compared to other service providers.

Regards.

^^^

I had an awful experience with Hathway at my office and residence for 2 years and last year as soon as BSNL introduced 2mbps, I switched both connections to BSNL.

The speeds were horrible, the CS were arrogant and the accounts dept prone to service disconnects for reasons best known to them.

They always seemed to have problems with the local SUN network as SUN was in power then. Since their cable TV and the internet services were operated on same cables, the rival SUN group used to cut their cables every often. As a result, their internet services also were disrupted badly. Now that SUN is no longer in power, things may have improved.

But is it not ironical that all other ISPs offer 2mbps and above and only Hathway is offering 256 or 512 kbps still? How come even after almost one and a half year, they are still in the kbps league and not mbps league?

As for me, even if they offer Unlimited downloads for Rs 550 per 2 months on a 512 kbps connection, I would not touch them with a barge pole.

prob with hathway is u never know when the service will be down...i have used for 3 months and most of the times i never used to get "signal"...the

service head has admitted to having serious handicaps in capacity...another thing is u never get max speed....my advice is stayaway frm em....btw

i am frm chennai...

@Copperco2

MY dear friend, I think Hathway has already its services in Lower Parel. As one of my friend, in lower parel is using the hathway internet from the last two years without any problems. Their is a possibility that they had started their prepaid services now. Previously they are having only postpaid service in lower parel.

Anyway the plan seems to be good as compared to other service providers.

Regards.

may be thats true but the introduction was given as for the first time in this area...

kind of..

but then again can you tell me whats the experience like of hathway here in this area?! if your friend has shared it with you..

^^^

I had an awful experience with Hathway at my office and residence for 2 years and last year as soon as BSNL introduced 2mbps, I switched both connections to BSNL.

The speeds were horrible, the CS were arrogant and the accounts dept prone to service disconnects for reasons best known to them.

They always seemed to have problems with the local SUN network as SUN was in power then. Since their cable TV and the internet services were operated on same cables, the rival SUN group used to cut their cables every often. As a result, their internet services also were disrupted badly. Now that SUN is no longer in power, things may have improved.

But is it not ironical that all other ISPs offer 2mbps and above and only Hathway is offering 256 or 512 kbps still? How come even after almost one and a half year, they are still in the kbps league and not mbps league?

As for me, even if they offer Unlimited downloads for Rs 550 per 2 months on a 512 kbps connection, I would not touch them with a barge pole.

I agree entirely... In fact I wouldnt want to touch their services even if they paid me for it! It was one of the sickest experiences I'v had. And they NEVER ever owned up either... they had the cheek to blame me and my comp for ALL the problems... saying that absolutely no other customer has any problems with their connections. They have not even refunded the money (had to pay 6 months advance that time, to get installation charge waiver) after disconnecting the service...

Also, sometime back I had read about some horror stories in Banglore (if I remember correct) of hathway connections burning down comps and tvs (cable connections) to a cinder... due to voltage surges!

BEWARE OF HATHWAY!

Edited by raccoon

but then again can you tell me whats the experience like of hathway here in this area?! if your friend has shared it with you..

^^^

@copperco2

My dear friend, my friend is using the hathway connection from the last 2-3 years without having any hassles. Even whenever I visit his office, I never seen his connection down. Almost perfect services was given by hathway in Lower Parel. My friend's office is near the Zee News office at N. M. Joshi Marg.

In my point of view, their seems not to have much problems with hathway in Mumbai. Apart from this small and little problems are always their with all operators, whether it is Sify, MTNL, TATA, Reliance, etc.

Regards.

Only Suggestion is Dont go for it

Get Broadband from Any Telecom Company only

Sify on the other side gives u 64K unlimited download @ 420 Rs...

This is a great plan but the speed should be more...!!!

Moreover the service i found is great..!!!

Edited by jatin_the_great2003

Only Suggestion is Dont go for it

Get Broadband from Any Telecom Company only

i have sounded out reliance and airtel for a broadband connection..

even it does not help that the airtel corporate office is nearby.. the connection is not available beyond that point..

BSNL is not available.. MTNL speeds are very jumpy from ****bps to 110Kbps...

i think there is no harm with hathway as i dont need to pay any registration charge as well as modem deposit as such. but i wish to go for the prepid plan that entails me to pay approx 618/- for two months data usage of 2GB....incl. taxes.

Sify on the other side gives u 64K unlimited download @ 420 Rs...

This is a great plan but the speed should be more...!!!

Moreover the service i found is great..!!!

in one of the other threads Sify..gave out an impression of not so good service..

and if i am not wrong even that is not possible in this area..

^^^

@copperco2

My dear friend, you can surely go for Hathway. Actually in Mumbai their is not much problem with Hathway services. And if any problem persists with your connection then Hathway people provide excellent services to sort out the problem. This is the case for Mumbai and Thane district. But can't say about rest of the cities.

Even my neighbour is having the Hathway connection from the last 1.5 years and they are using it without any problems.

And I too am seeking to get a Hathway connection soon if my Reliance Wimax connection does not installed by next month.

Regards.

Well, in the end, whatever connection you take, please do test the speed to see if you are getting what you are promised! People will usually fight tooth and nail if they get 11 oranges instead of a dozen! But v v few people seem to even test their conn speeds! Strange!!

Also, you should check for packet loss... because if that is high, the speed reading you get wont be of much use! The Hathway connection I had suffered from an fantastic amount of packet loss!

but be sure to check that there are no tall buildings in your area..

i will go with the hathway connection...for now.. till i get another cost effective solution...

i will be travelling most of the time so it will help... out of mumbai bsnl will help as soon as i set up a fixed base..

Edited by copperco2

^^^

@copperco2

My dear friend, their are no tall buildings in my area. Instead my flat is a road side flat thats why their are no chances at all of any building consctruction in front of ours.

Do post your reviews as soon as you start using Hathway services. I'm eager to hear your reviews on the same.

Regards.

Beware of Hathway... had a really horrible experience with them here in Poona. Dont know if its any better in Bombay ...worse it cant be... cus that is what it already is, here!

http://www.indiabroadband.net/hathway/

with this kind of experiences, am a bit sceptical of my connection.

btw i have just discovered that the introductory pack is only for the first consumption and then i will have to upgrade it to some other plan. which the sales executive conveniently forgot to make me aware about..

and if to go by the negative feedback on the broadband forum (link pasted above) then the night unlimited plans are pathetic..

the speed on the 512 line give me 5-7KB/ sec. while i complained to the CC, they asked me to check on speedtest.hathway.net, amazingly the speed improved to 60KB/ sec in the very minute i logged in there, and the very next minute i tried to download something again from a different loctiona nd the speed went back to the slower than the bullock cart way..

it seems the speeds are managed to keep the consumers down with the rude reply that the true speed is what is shown in the speedtest.. and there is a problem with the rest of the world.

thank god, i did not discontinue my triband connection.

AMAZINGLY on the same speedtest, hathway server my triband speed clocked 290KB/ sec which is again a 512 line..

^^^

dear copperco2, very shocked to hear this. I am not sure why they take the customers for a ride like this. Are you getting the service disconnected? Are there any charges for that too?

the speed on the 512 line give me 5-7KB/ sec. while i complained to the CC, they asked me to check on speedtest.hathway.net, amazingly the speed improved to 60KB/ sec in the very minute i logged in there, and the very next minute i tried to download something again from a different loctiona nd the speed went back to the slower than the bullock cart way..

it seems the speeds are managed to keep the consumers down with the rude reply that the true speed is what is shown in the speedtest.. and there is a problem with the rest of the world.

thank god, i did not discontinue my triband connection.

AMAZINGLY on the same speedtest, hathway server my triband speed clocked 290KB/ sec which is again a 512 line..

Apparently what is being tested by the Hathway speed test is the bandwidth between the Hathway server and your comp. This can at best help you to know if there is any problem in the line between Hathway and you. For checking your ACTUAL speed, this will be TOTALLY useless.

Very likely they will tell you that there is no problem as the Hathway site shows good speeds... and they cant do anything other sites are slow, etc. Dont get swindled by such replies. In fact I'd say just dont even waste any time with them... you will get nowhere ...just dump them asap, and get a connection that ACTUALLY works as promised... you should get the speed they promise at all times (5 - 10% less is permissible for overheads).

^^^

Ohh MY God Ohh My God

me didn't looked here ! dont take hathway connection please ! whomever bought hathway connection god save's them b'coz 1 of the horrible experience to me that to use hathway connection !

it's pinging u know but net drop's simenteniously ! and if u call at CC they will replay you as they working with some problem/project! the problem will be solved after 5 pm ! i think it's only summer water ( water which didn't appeared )

Regards

Shyam

My dear friends, now let me tell you about my story.

I had taken the Hathway Broadband Connection 2 months earlier. And you will be amazed to know that my experience with Hathway is really cool. You can't imagine this. Fromt the last 2 months I'm using Hathway without any problems at all. Not a single disconnection, no technical problem, doesn't even needed to call CC of hathway for any reason. The download speed too is good according to the plan.

All the above users had the pathetic experience with Hathway. But believe me, I'm using Hathway without any hassles fromt the last two months.

I think Hathway has worked on the issues which they were facing in the past. Now they are much better then before.

Regards.

hathway works in partnership with local service providers

so experince differs from place to place, city to city.

Even within mumbai - the experinces widely differ.

Hathway is as good as local provider can be.

Edited by petar

^^^

Very correct my dear Petar. In my area Hathway is really providing the best services and I'm very much satisfied by Hathway.

Regards.

^^^

Very correct my dear Petar. In my area Hathway is really providing the best services and I'm very much satisfied by Hathway.

Regards.

it seems there was some problem with the signal strength. it's suppposed to be checked at the time of installation but these guys missed out on that.

now some guy, i talked to in hathway was surprised whn he checked the signal from backend and found it less than half of what it is supposed to be.

now i am getting speed from 300bps to 50kbps...

earlier it was limited to below 20kbps..

^^^

@Ajay

My dear friend, that means now you too are satisfied with the services of Hathway.

Thats great.

I stated in this thread long ago, that Hathway has now a days is providing the best services.

Regards.